Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hollyoaks FanFiction site, based on only One Story and ONE STORY ONLY!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:32 am

Lorna's POV

Her small body was just lying there. The machine’s no longer beeped. Nurses no longer came in and out. I stood there peering in the window. Alyson had locked the door. The nursing staff had keys but they said it was probably best to give her space. Alyson sat there beside the cot barely blinking as Becky’s lifeless body just lay there. She just sat there completely motionless. She wouldn’t talk to me. She wouldn’t talk to Anna or any other hospital staff. As far as she was concerned it was my fault. Alyson always had to blame someone just like my dad did. Her eyes completed gazed over staring at the crib. Tears rolled down my cheeks; trickling off of the end of my nose, dropping off of my chin. No tears left my sisters glazed over eyes. Every time I blinked I could see her, dancing, singing, giggling. All these things were now memories.
“I think it’d be best if you left your sister for now. Go home, rest.” A doctor said causing me to jump.
“No. Thank You” I snapped as the tears still poured out of me
“Would you like to t-“
“No!” I snapped. I’d been through this hospital thing before. I do not want to talk about. Yes, I know you did everything you could. I just wish everyone would stop trying to help. I know they think they’re doing it for the best - or so they think - when really they aren’t. My sister’s words as Becky’s heart took its final beats. She was screaming, pleading with the Doctors to help her. It’s for the best, was their reply. I don’t understand what happened. When I was here a few days ago she was okay. Not perfect but she smiled, giggled she didn’t look like she was in any pain. Everything was just replaying over and over in my head. I had to get out of here.

I wasn’t going back to halls. I didn’t want the questions. I can’t deal with the answer. I was sat there on the swing, moving back and forth extremely slowly, the chains creaking with each movement. The darkness surrounded me. The cold breeze blew my hair around. I was still dressed the way I was at the loft. Blue shoes, jeans, fancy top. Except, Make up no longer sat properly on my face. Curls no longer framed it. My hair was a soggy tangled mess. I ran my head through my hair as if my fingers were the little parts of a brush. I stood up off of the swing and took a few steps forward. I don’t know where to go. I’m completely lost. I dragged my feet behind me as I stumbled along a path unsure of where I was headed. To be honest I didn’t care. No path would take me back in time as much as I’d like it to. I took in a breath as I continued to walk forward, uncontrollable tears still flowing down my face. There was a light in front of me coming from an opening between the bushes. The light was allowing me to see around me, sort of. The grey path which drew out my path lay in front of me, the bushes that enclosed me on the path and Elliot in a cowboy suit sat in the park?! I wasn’t seeing this, surely?! I moved closer to him. His torch sitting on a rug next to him, with the telescope and books sat next to him. I smiled slightly. It’d only be Elliot. The looking at the sky part made sense but the outfit. I collapsed down on the rug beside him causing him suddenly to move his gaze off of the telescope.
“Lorna?” He asked.
“Cowboy?” I smiled. “What are you doing?!”
“Looking out for Aliens” He said, not even joking.
I nodded, just sitting their staring at him. He turned another page on one of his books about the stars. He verged towards the telescope again before pausing just in front of it, in thought.
“Wait, why are you here?” He asked. “You’ve not been back at halls in days” He turned around from the telescope and looked me straight in the face. “You’ve been crying” He stated. I sighed, and slumped down beside him telling him everything.
Back to top Go down
https://laby3.forumotion.com
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 am

Gaby's POV

“Bye then.” I sighed as Kris walked off to the pub round the corner. I hadn’t been there yet. All I knew is that it was called something stupid. Like The Cat in the Lake or something.. I don’t really know. I hopped back towards the flat, trying to pick up pace but it wasn’t really working. I’m still not use to this and my arms are starting to hurt. I’ve never been exactly strong. Once I got to the stairs I sighed. It would be so much easier if they had a lift here. I battled on and within 5 minutes I’d gotten up all 3 staircases. I got my keys out and walked slowly into the flat.
“Ouch.” I sighed as the door slammed into the wall and bounced back into me. “Stupid-” I was muttering to myself now. There wasn’t really much problem. Natalie told me she was out until 5 and Elliot was still Alien hunting. I don’t know about Lorna, but I don’t think she’ll be back. Just as I think that I hear a sniff in the kitchen. I hopped round to see who it was and saw Lorna, turned away from me and wiping her eyes.
“Oh Lorna! What’s wrong?” I asked, going over to her. She turned round and smiled sadly.
“Hey.” She said, her voice sounded thick and heavy. “Oh no. What happened to your foot?”
“I broke my ankle a couple of days ago. Silly really. I was drunk.” I smiled and she just nodded. “What’s up?” I asked.
“I don’t want to talk about it.” She said, wiping her eyes again.
“Ok.” I said, deciding to give her some space. She shouldn’t have everyone fussing over her when she’s not even gotten used to everything yet. I wonder what happened to her niece though. Natalie said she had Leukaemia and that she didn’t know what had happened. I couldn’t help but think maybe she’d passed away. Surely Lorna wouldn’t be this upset if she was still alive... Then again, her condition could have just suddenly deteriorated, or she could even have fallen out with her sister and wasn’t allowed to see her niece anymore.
She suddenly stood up and started walking towards her room, she stopped a few feet away.
“Why do horrible things happen to such good people?” She asked, starting to sob again.
“What do you mean?”
“I’ve L-lost everyone. M-my Mum, D-d-dad… And now B-becky. My s-sister won’t even talk to me. Everything g-going wr-wrong!” She cried and ran into her room. I stood still for a minute. I didn’t know about her Mum and Dad. I didn’t know if Becky was definitely her niece, but I guessed she must be. I stood up and followed her.

I knocked quietly on her door and she didn’t answer. I opened the door slightly and whispered her name. She was curled up on her bed, tears flowing down her cheeks.
“It’s ok. It’ll get easier.” I told her, going over to her bed and setting my crutches on the floor. I sat next to her and gave her a hug.
“How does anyone know this?” She cried.
“It’s alright Lorna. I know what it’s like to lose someone to cancer. It wasn’t my niece, but I know how hard it is.”
“Who?” She asked sourly.
“My Dad.”
“Oh.” She said sympathetically. “Sorry.”
“It’s fine.” I laughed slightly. She just shook her head.
“Did Natalie tell you about Becky?” She asked, narrowing her eyes.
“She was just worried about you.” I told her. She nodded.
“I don’t understand. Becky was getting better. They said she was getting stronger.. And then she just – slipped away...”
“Oh Lorna.” I hugged her again. “It’ll get easier.”
“I know it will. But I just want her back now! It’s hard enough without parents, and now I don’t have her.. I doesn’t bother me about my Mum and Dad anymore. It was 2 years ago. But Becky was a b-baby!”
“It’s ok.” I told her, as she continued to sob.
“No! No it isn’t!” She screamed at me. “I hate care accidents. I hate leukaemia! They’ve killed everyone I love.” She was crying so hard.
“I’m sorry Lorna.”
“Just – don’t.” She warned me. “Don’t apologise for something. I know you can’t bring her back. You know you can’t. That’s the only thing I want. I don’t want apologies. Just.. go away.” She turned around and continued to cry facing the wall.
“I'll see you later.” I whispered, turning out of the room and down to mine. Poor Lorna.
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:48 am

Natalie's POV

I came back to the flat from lectures, and threw my stuff down, and I saw Gaby leave Lorna’s room. She looked upset
“Gaby?” I asked
“Leave it” she went into her room. I don’t understand. I knock on Lorna’s door.
“Lorna?” I opened the door, to see Lorna sat on her bed, looking blankly at her phone screen, crying.
“Lorna?” I repeat
“She’s gone” she looked at me. I couldn’t believe it
“You mean-?”
“Yeah……” I felt a tear run down my cheek
“Lorna I’m so sorry” I wanted to hug her, but I wasn’t sure if she wanted me to. “is there anything I can-”
“I just want to be on my own”
“Okay” I whispered. I don’t even know if she heard me.
I felt so guilty. I tried everything to take my mind of it. But I couldn’t. there was nothing. Everything I saw, somehow reminded me of Lorna, which made me think of Becky. I had to get out. I grabbed my coat and ran out of the door. I ran out of halls and into the village, straight into Justin outside drive n buy. It must have been obvious I was crying
“Are you okay? What’s wrong?” he asked
“Fine” I wiped my eyes
“What’s wrong?” he asked
“It’s none of your business” I tried to push past him
“Where has all this come from?” he asked
“Katy. One minute were going great. The next, its like I don’t exist! (Katy comes out of drive n buy “they didn’t have cherry, so I got you diet cherry. Oh, “hi”) And here’s your little homing device now!” I shouted
“What’s going on?” she asked
“As soon as she turns up, you ditched me.” I was crying again. But not for Justin.
“So you think I’ve chosen her over you?” he asked
“I don’t care anymore” I sobbed
“Are you alright Natalie?” Hannah asked, leaving drive n buy
“Yeah. I was just going home” I answered, and Hannah, not looking convinced went back inside
“You not what Natalie? I don’t care. Your right. Nothings going on” he got Katy’s and started walking away
“Becky died” I blurted out, crying harder. He turned around and looked at me, and came closer
“What?”
“You heard.”
“Oh my god…..how’s Lorna?” he asked. I couldn’t believe it. He doesn’t care about my feelings. But anyone else’s? I could see the reason. Lorna’s niece is gone, and Charlie’s got the same thing. But what about me? We were so close no-one could hear us.
“She’s in bits. It’s a shame. Bad things happen to good people. It’s a shame it wasn’t Charlie” I hissed. I couldn’t believe I’d just said that. I was about to apologize repeatedly, but then next thing I’m lying on the floor
“JUSTIN!” Katy screamed
“Oh my god…Natalie?! Are you okay?” I heard Hannah shout, running out of drive n buy, I held the side of my face, and the other side of my head. I slowly got up. Katy was holding onto Justin’s arm
“You bitch” he said bluntly
“Do you really think I meant it?” I quickly hurried back to halls. I wanted to cry again. What have I started?
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:49 am

Lorna's POV

The noise of the heart machine kept going round and round inside my head - the beeping getting slower and slower before that final one. Alyson was still at the hospital. She’s got that flat here but she’s not used it much. Becky’s body had been removed from the room this morning and the nurses were making Alyson speak to a councillor so they’d asked me to come back later. I stood there waiting on her outside the councillor’s room. I heard chairs moving backwards and could see them coming towards the door. Alyson didn’t look like Alyson anymore. Her hair was a mess, no make up on; she wasn’t all dressed up for no reason anymore. She was just in a pair of jeans and her massive hoody. The councillor opened the door and gave Alyson an affirming nod before saying you’ll be okay. He didn’t know that. I am sick of everyone making promises like that. Alyson said nothing and came straight over to me.
“What do I do?” She sobbed. “I’m not a Mum anymore”
I said nothing and let my tears fall too. “Come back to halls for a bit. I’ve got some clean clothes and things there for you” She nodded, I turned to go away and she grabbed my hand.

Around an hour later we were back at halls. Alyson had been for a shower and gotten changed but that was it, she didn’t bother drying her hair or doing her make-up. She wasn’t herself. We were both sat on my bed, crying. Alyson was going back home. I should go to but I like it here. I needed change. I wasn’t telling Aly that now though. We talked for a while about Becky’s funeral. Becky was going to be cremated back home but Alyson didn’t want a fuss. At Mum and Dad’s funeral she ran off. There were so many people there asking if we were okay. It was awful. We had both went back to complete silence again, lying on the bed.
“I need a drink” Alyson said. I smiled at how random that was.
“What would you like?”
“What do you have she asked?”
I shrugged. “Nothing probably”
She smiled slightly. “We need to move. I should probably go to the flat, get a sleep and get things ready. I want to go home”
“I know” I said sitting up and swinging my legs off of the bed and standing up. I stuck my hand out and Aly grabbed it and did the same.
“Any other guys yet?” She said in a daze, trying to start up a conversation.
“Well, not your type” I smiled, trying not to giggle thinking about Elliot.
“Who isn’t my type!” She said cheekily, which made me giggle. I opened the door and walked out and up the corridor and straight into the fridge.
“Milkshake?” I asked.
“Strawberry?” She smiled.
“Of Course”
“Yes then” She smiled. I stretched up and got two glasses out of the cupboard. The front door opened and Gaby limped in to the room.
“Ow, Ow, Ow!” She said as she made it into the kitchen.
“Hey” I said. “This is Alyson”
“Hello” She smiled. “I’m Gaby”
Alyson forced a smile. She’d gone back into a daze.
“Do you want some milkshake?” I asked Gaby who started giggling.
“Come on!! It’s not funny!”
“What isn’t?” Alyson asked.
Gaby instantly started describing the Dr Who incident to Alyson who actually laughed. Even though they were laughing at me, I really didn’t mind as long as my sister was happy.
“Where is Elliot?” I said randomly.
“In his bedroom” Gaby replied.
I stood up and walked towards his room. I needed to ask him something. As I walked down the corridor I could hear Alyson asking Gaby questions about Elliot. I was happy to see her like this. I peeked my head round Elliot’s door and he instantly looked up.
“Lorna!” He said, happily. He was sweet.
“Elliot” I smiled. “Can I come in?”
“Sure” He said instantly. I walked into his room and sat on the end of his bed.
“Elliot, this is sort of really forward but would you mind coming to Becky’s funeral with me. It’s just I really don’t want to travel up there by myself”
“Sure” He said, straight away.
“Thanks” I said, standing up. He hugged me. It felt right. That sounds daft but Elliot really does care. I heard the door creep open behind me. I saw it was Alyson and it made me smile.
“We’re going up on Thursday. Are you sure that’s okay?”
Elliot nodded.
“Thanks Elliot” I smiled, turning to walk out of his room.
As I walked back down the corridor, Gaby, who was sitting on the couch began to sing. “Lorna and Elliot, Up a tree, looking out to find ET” She giggled and so did Alyson. I couldn’t help but laugh as well. It didn’t bother me cause I suppose, I did sort of like Elliot. He was one of the reasons I didn’t really want to move but I couldn’t tell Alyson that. Alyson was sitting on the couch giggling.
“You like him!” She said.
“You really do” Gaby sighed with a sort of disbelieving tone.
I just smiled.
“What were you doing in his room anyway?” Gaby asked.
“Talking” I said.
“and hugging and?”
“Nothing Else. I said.
“Don’t believe you” Alyson said.
“Well it’s true”.
“Elliot” I shouted, he came out of his room smiling. I think he’d heard the conversation.
“I hugged you when I was in your room right?”
“Yes” Elliot said. “Why?”
“No Reason” I sat down and smiled smugly at Alyson and Gaby. They were both laughing at me. Elliot had walked of back into his room.
“So you’ve only ever hugged him?” Alyson asked.
“Yes!” I said.
“No” Gaby said.
“What?” I said in confusion.
“You looked pretty close!” Gaby stated.
“When?!” I said butting in.
“At the loft”.
“Oh, Yeah.” I said, hoping that Gaby doesn’t say anything else.
“Then you ran out” Gaby said. By the look on Gaby’s face she had just realised what she’d brought up.
“Why did you run out?” Alyson asked, intrigued. I don’t think she’d clicked. The door slammed and all three of us turned to look. Natalie ran in with black mascara tears running down her cheeks. One of them was bright purple! Had someone hit her?!
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:52 am

Gaby's POV

“Natalie!” Lorna’s shocked voice caused me to turn and face the door. I saw Natalie run past me, tears flowing down her cheeks and a bright red mark on her cheek; it was becoming purple. Me and Lorna both stood up, me taking a little longer whilst I picked up my crutches.
“Hang on one second Alyson.” Lorna said, before rushing down the corridor to Natalie’s room. I rushed after her, my arms aching by the time I got to Natalie’s door. Lorna was still stood there by the time I got there. Obviously the door was locked.
“Natalie, open the door.” She begged. I hit it with my hand.
“Come on.” I said to myself.
“Go away.” Natalie sobbed from behind the door.
“Let us in!” Lorna shouted. The lock clicked and we opened it. She was facing away from us when we walked in. Lorna rushed round to see her. “Oh my god.” She whispered in shock.
“Stop it.” Natalie complained. I walked round to her side and gasped. One side of her face was completely purple.
“Who did this to you?” I asked.
“No one.” She said quietly.
“Don’t say you ‘tripped and fell’ just tell us!” I begged. She moved over to her bed and burst into tears, hugging her pillow to try and control herself. Lorna was staring at her, worriedly. I didn’t know what I was doing. Probably just looked shocked.
“Come on Natalie. Tell us.” Lorna whispered, sitting next to her. Natalie sat up.
“Why should I tell you? You hate me, remember?!” She snapped back.
“I don’t hate you.” Lorna muttered quietly.
“Not what you said the other day.” Natalie sniffed.
“Yeah, well I was just upset then.” She told her, hugging her softly.
“Natalie, who did this to you?” I asked, hesitantly.
“I c-can’t say.” She stuttered.
“Why not?” Lorna asked.
“Because it was all my fault. I’m an idiot. I didn’t mean it...” She started crying harder. Lorna hugged her.
“Don’t cry.” She begged.
“What happened?” I asked.
“I...” She gulped. “I told him I wish it had b-been Charlie. Not B-Becky.” She cried, wiping her eyes. Lorna looked away, obviously annoyed.
“So who hit you?” Lorna asked bluntly, as though she didn’t care anymore.
“Lorna!” I said shocked.
“Justin did!” Natalie said, as though it was obvious.
“Justin did this?!” I asked shocked.
She nodded slowly and I stood up.
“Where are you going?” She asked, panicked.
“To have words.” I said bitterly.
“Please! Don’t.” She pleaded.
“Natalie! He hit you!” I reminded her. Kris poked his head round the door.
“Thought you were all in here. Just thought I’d remind you Zoë and Zak are back tomorrow-” He started, before seeing Natalie and stopping. “Natalie? What’s happened?”
“Justin happened.” I muttered, before Natalie could say anything. I was too annoyed right now to care about how she was feeling. Justin was so horrible!
“Justin did this?” Kris asked, disgusted. He tipped Natalie’s chin up to get a better look at the bruise.
“Yeah he did.” I said, again before Natalie could reply. She gave me a sour look.
“I'll be back later.” He said, kissing my cheek before walking out the room. Natalie burst into tears and looked extremely fearful.
“What did you go and do that for?!” She shouted. I looked at her confused. “Now Kris is going to s-say something!” She cried. I blinked twice. I hadn’t even thought about that. I thought Kris didn’t like Justin, so surely he wouldn’t say something, right? Or maybe he considers Natalie a good friend now so might actually go do something. What if he’s just disgusted about the fact Justin hit someone and wants a good fight? Kris in a fight.. A real, throwing punches fight. He’d lose. I didn’t want to admit it out loud, but I knew he would. I was suddenly scared more than I think Natalie was. One thing was for sure. We were both scared for two completely different reasons. Lorna was still looking annoyed in the corner. She wouldn’t help me. How the hell would I stop Kris now?
Before I could even move, Natalie had jumped up and ran after him. I stared at them for a minute before turning back to Lorna.
“I’m going to take Aly home.” She whispered to me. I nodded and she walked out of Natalie’s room. I was about to go and follow Natalie when I thought better of it. She’d get him back, and me worrying was pointless. Kris may have a temper, but he’s not stupid.
______
xx
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:07 am

Natalie's POV

I ran after Kris. I caught up with him quickly, and grabbed his arm.
“please Kris. Just leave it” I begged. I was still crying
“No way! He thumped you Natalie!”
“And I deserved it!” I argued
“No you didn’t. Whatever happened, he cant hit you” kris shouted
“I told him I wished Charlie had died!” I shouted back. Kris looked stunned. “Now you tell me you wouldn’t hit me if I’d said it to you” I said
“That’s different” Kris answered
“How?” I asked
“Natalie. I’m wearing a skirt and 4 inch heels. I’m more feminine then you” he pointed out
“I didn’t mean it. And he…..can we leave it? It’s my mess…..please” I asked.
“Fine” he sighed, and put his arm around my shoulders, and started guiding me back to the flat. when we got outside the door, I stopped.
“what’s wrong?” he asked
“I cant go in there” I said quietly, my eyes filling up again. It was about 10pm, and all I wanted was to get into my bed, and sleep.
“why not. Are you embarrassed? There your friends. It’ll be fine.” he answered
“I can Kris. Please. I just…..I need…..can you just text me when everyone’s gone to bed?” I ran off to the toilets before he could say anything. I sat in there until I got the text about 2 and a half hrs later.

“ther in bed.but im not.were goin 2 tlk missy!x”

I made my way slowly back to the flat, and quietly opened the door. Kris was waiting.
“Okay. Why wouldn’t you come back earlier?” he asked
“I cant say.” I tried to push past him
“No. you tell me”
“Kris. leave it!” I pushed his arm out of my way and went into my room. After a few minutes I came back out
“What’s that?” he asked, pointing to the suitcase I was wheeling along
“Take a wild guess” I said sarcastically
“I mean where do you think your going?” he rephrased
“Train station. I’m going home. I cant stay here Kris. Not now. Its not fair on Lorna. Or Justin. I’ll be back in a few days”
“No way! you’ve only just started. You cant afford to miss lectures already!” he argued
“I just need to go Kris! Please!” he sighed
“Okay. Fine. At least let me come with you to the station with you” he answered. I looked at him. If I didn’t leave now, I’d miss the last train. I shrugged.
“Okay….fine. But I have to leave now. My trains at 1.38” I answered, wiping a tear from my eye
“lets go then”
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 am

Lorna's POV

I tossed and I turned. The night just seemed to be going so fast and I couldn’t get to sleep. I’d been in my bed since around 11 and I’d seen every hour since:1,2,3,4 and 5. I’d messed about with my laptop, texted people – not that anyone would text me back but you never know – and playing with my iPod but none of them stopped me thinking about Becky. When I took Alyson to the flat earlier we watched a DVD on her laptop until she fell asleep – not that she slept for long since she was lying in my bed beside me right now - I didn’t want to stay there and be awake by myself in a flat that was filled with Becky’s clothes, Becky’s toys all of these things that I couldn’t deal with seeing just now – Alyson turned over causing me to almost fall out of the bed. I hate single beds! I climbed out of the bed and walked up the hall. I need to be quiet. I have absolutely no clue what time it was but I can’t stay in my bed any longer. I’m so awake. I wandered up the hall to see someone lying on the couch with a lamp on beside them. Elliot.
“What time is it?” I said, causing him to jump and his book fall onto the floor.
“Seven” He said.
“Why are you up so early?”
“I’m always up at this time” he said.
“Why?” I asked. I really don’t understand how people can get up so early in the morning. I know sevens hardly early but it is to me!
“Because if you don’t get up you miss the best part of the day” He explained nodding along with himself. I nodded along with him, not really agreeing with what he was saying.
“Any plans for today?”
“Lecture” He smiled. He would be the one excited, wouldn’t he?! “What about you?”
“Helping my sister pack up her flat” I sighed. He just nodded in agreement. He continued to nod while just watching me as I stood there.
“Are you okay?” I ask, as he continued to repetitively nod. Up and down.
“Elliot?!” I said. I moved down onto the couch beside him and waved my hand in front of his face. “Elliot you’re scaring me!” He lifted his hand up and scooped my hair out of my face. I’m not sure if I’m okay where this is going. He edged closer and closer to me closing his eyes and kissed me. It wasn’t much. Just a little peck but it still made me feel all tingly. The minute his lips left mine he vanished. Elliot is so strange but sweet.

It was half past 9 now. Elliot left 45 minutes earlier for a lecture without saying a word. He didn’t even look at me as I lay there on the couch watching the TV. He just went straight out. I pulled myself up off of the couch blinking repetitively to wake myself up a bit. I moved through into the kitchen. Elliot had obviously had Frosties before I’d gotten up as he’d left the bowl in the sink. Lazy! He should’ve washed it instead of leaving it for someone else to clear up for him! I ran the warm water tap and added some fairy liquid and swished the water around making it go all bubbly. I washed the plate and stuck it up on the side to dry. Someone else could put it away because I have no clue where they go. What should I do now? I have no clue! I walked back down and into my bedroom. Alyson was still snoring away. I lifted my clothes from yesterday and stuck them back on quickly and grabbed my purse off of the desk. I went straight along the corridor out the door to the flat, down the stairs and out and along to the little bit with the shops and things. I went into Drive and Buy and picked up 2 bottles of each kind of milkshake and a heat magazine. I moved over to the counter and sat it down on the table. The guy gave me a really strange look. I just smiled in return. I placed 3 bottles of milkshake into the bags and the heat magazine. Paid and headed back to halls. I hadn’t locked the door when I left so it was still open. I walked into the kitchen and put the milkshake in the fridge before pouring out a glass of each kind of milkshake. 1 strawberry, 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla that I left lying on the counter. I walked down to Natalie’s room and chapped on the door. I really wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was rude but she shouldn’t have said that. Wishing that on someone is awful! I chapped again since there was no answer. I’d probably just annoy her further by waking her up early but it was after 9 anyway. I opened the door this time giving up on the chapping. Why is her bed made? Why is her case gone? Why has her stuff gone? She hasn’t?
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 am

Gaby's POV

I hate mornings. Ok, rephrase that. I hate the last 6 mornings. Apart from the ‘getting up early for no reason’ thing I had going on, I was also waking up everyday with the worst hangover ever. Each day they got worse. I turned my alarm off and felt arms close around my waist. I laughed and then sighed.
“Why is it that every time I wake up you’re with me?” I asked, turning to face Kris. He smiled.
“Good morning to you too.” He muttered.
“What’s wrong with your room?” I yawned. “Infested with rats? Actually, I shouldn’t joke about that. It’s probably true.. When was the last time you cleaned it? When you were a fresher?” I joked.
“Very funny.” He said sarcastically.
“No, I’m not joking though.” I said, becoming serious now. “It is a bit weird that you’re staying in my room already.”
“I like it with you..” He muttered, I turned around again so that he could wrap his arms around me tighter.
“And I like it with you too.” I agreed, “But we’re still practically strangers to each other.”
“Hardly.” He scoffed. I raised my eyebrows even though he couldn’t see.
“Ok then, let’s test your theory.” I said, jokingly. “Where am I from?” I asked slyly. He thought for a moment.
“England..?” He asked, unsure.
“Like I said, strangers.”
“That’s not fair. You’ve never told me that!” He snapped.
“Which implies we’re strangers as I haven’t told you about where I’m even from.” I said, rolling my eyes.
“For god’s sake.” He was stressing now.
“Hey! I didn’t ask you to sleep in here.” I said, laughing. He didn’t laugh with me.
“I thought we were going out?” He asked, confused. I sighed.
“Doesn’t mean I want you sharing a bed with me so soon.”
“You didn’t notice until now.” He snapped.
“I know..” I agreed, “But I don’t like knowing.” I told him. I don’t understand how he didn’t find it weird. I don’t like sharing a bed with him when I know we haven’t slept together. It’s weird.
“Just.. Ask before you do it again.” I said, holding his arms tighter to me. He started pulling them away and I just let him, releasing my grip instantly. I was getting frustrated now. “Urhh!! Fine then. Just go.” I said, pulling the duvet over my head.
“What?”
“I was trying to be friends but you obviously don’t want to.. No, you’re always up for a good argument, aren’t you Kris?” I said spitefully.
“Is that all we are then? Friends?” He asked, just as angrily.
“If we were just friends this would be pretty weird.” I told him, trying to turn it back into a joke.
“But you just said-”
“Just drop it Kris.” I interrupted him. He fell silent and then jumped to his feet. “Where are you going?” I asked, quite upset. I like his company, even if we are arguing.
“I’m dropping it.” He shouted, before slamming my door shut. I sighed.
“Oh yeah, Kris, by the way, the answer was BLACKPOOL!” I yelled, just before his bedroom door slammed shut. I looked at my alarm clock. Quarter past seven!! I knew I’d set it early, but I didn’t see any point now. I turned over and tried to get back to sleep...

“GABY! GABY! GABY! GABY!” Lorna’s shrill scream woke me up. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times before focusing on her. She looked petrified. Her face was ghost white and her eyes were wide with horror.
“What’s happened?!” I asked quickly, sitting up. I could hardly stand up and then fall over because of my broken ankle, that would just waste time.
“Natalie’s gone!” She said, horrified. Her eyes were filling with tears.
“Where? What? Why?” I asked confused. I was getting everything I said out quickly
“I don’t know. I went to give her some milkshake – and there’s some for you too – and her suitcase was gone and she wasn’t there!” She said quickly. She wiped her eyes. I jumped out of my bed, got my crutches and went quickly into Natalie’s room. Lorna was right. Her bed was empty. Her desk was empty. Her wardrobe was empty. Everything was empty...
“What do we do?” Lorna asked worriedly. I looked at her and shrugged.
“Nothing.” I told her. She looked at me confused.
“We can’t do nothing!”
“Lorna, we’ve known her... What? A week? Not enough time to chase after someone because university became too much for them. We have to leave it. It’s her own choice.” I said, even though I didn’t mean a word of it myself. I had to try and calm Lorna down.
“You don’t mean that. You can’t mean that!” Lorna ordered me. I shook my head.
“No, I don’t. But I know she’ll be fine.” I said hopefully. Lorna just gave me a blank look. She didn’t have to speak to make me know what she was thinking. I didn’t know that and I shouldn’t say stuff like that when I know I could be wrong.

“What’s all this screaming about?” Kris suddenly asked, making me jump. He was stood in the doorway.
“Natalie’s gone!” Lorna said hysterically. I looked at Kris carefully. He didn’t meet either of our eyes. He looked away. I concentrated on him for a good minute and still no movement. He knew...
“This is unbelievable!” I said harshly. “First you have a stupid argument with me, over nothing, this morning. And now I found out you let Natalie just leave!” I snapped. I headed back down the corridor to my room.
“I had to.” He said, holding onto my arm.
“You really did let her go?” Lorna asked upset and shocked.
“Yeah-” He started, but stops when I tug my hand away and carry on towards my room. He walks after me and catches up a lot faster than I could move. “-Gaby, please stop. I’m sorry.” He held my wrist again and pulled me round.
“Get off me!” I said through gritted teeth. He kept a firm grip on my wrist.
“Where did she go?” Lorna asked, I looked at her but Kris didn’t. I looked at him questioningly. I can tell he feels guilty, but I just feel so angry. I don’t want him here right now. I want Natalie here.
“Gaby, listen to me.” He begged.
“Why should I? Every time we talk, it resolves into an argument! There’s no point Kris!” I say, pulling my arm away while I can. I storm down the hall in the other direction and into the kitchen, just as the front door opens.

“Home sweet home.” I blonde walked through the door, followed by a man in a football shirt. I rolled my eyes. I guess this is Zoë and Zak.
“Zoë. Zak.” Kris said, putting a fake smile on his face as he walked down to see them.
“Kris!” The girl (Zoë) shouted, rushing to give him a hug. They still hadn’t noticed me so I walked off down the corridor.
“Gaby wait.” Kris sighed, rushing after me.
“Gaby eh?” Zoë joked to Zak. “Could this be the next Jess?”
I paused and Kris noticed this too. He stopped and gave Zoë a warning look. Who’s Jess? Was I actually the next Jess? Does he do this with a lot of people?
I decided to introduce myself to them.
“Hello, I’m Gaby.” I said, going down the corridor and shaking hands with both of them.
“Zoë.” The girl said.
“Zak.” The boy smiled at me.
“Nice to meet you.” I said, unkindly. “Bye then!” I stormed down the corridor towards my room. I saw Lorna still stood in Natalie’s doorway.
“Zoë and Zak are here.” I told her, she nodded.
“I'll go see them.” She said, smiling.
“I'll ring Natalie.” I whispered, walking into my room. She headed down the corridor to introduce herself.

I got my phone out as soon as the door was closed and locked. I quickly clicked the call button and waited. It rang at least 7 times before I heard her voice.
“Hey it’s Natalie-” She started... Voicemail. “-Sorry I can’t get to the phone right now. Please leave a message!”
The phone beeped.
“Hey Natalie, please could you give me a call when you get this? Lorna is really worried and… well… So am I. Please just… Ring back.” I say, sliding my phone shut.
I listened to what was going on in the other room. Zoë and Lorna are already joking and laughing with each other. Kris and Zak were talking about something in low voices. I was left out. I’m an outcast. The one no one seems to get along with... And I’ve just made another really bad first impression; all because of Kris... Again!
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 am

Lorna's POV

She’s gone. We don’t even know where she lives. We don’t know if she’s coming back. We don’t even know fully why she’s gone. I felt guilty. I’ve been taking all my anger over Becky out on her, saying it was her fault when it really wasn’t! Gaby’s right we’ve only known her a week but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t care.
“Our other flat mates are here. Zoe and Zak” Gaby said as she walked in the door. They’d just been arguing again! They’ve argued constantly! Suppose I can’t say anything though, all I’ve done since I’ve came here is cry.
“Oh, Okay. I’ll go see them” I smiled. New People!
“I’ll ring Natalie, Ok?” She asked.
“Yeah, Sure” I walked out of the room and down the corridor. Would Natalie even answer the phone? Would Gaby be able to convince her to back if she did? I don’t know.
The new people – well when I say new they’ve been here years longer than me, Gaby and Natalie – were stood in between the kitchen and the sitting are talking to Kris. I walked over and stood beside them as the finished there conversation.
“All girls!” The guy – Zak i think – said sounding quite happy. He’s from Liverpool with the accent! “What are they like?”
“Hey” I said, randomly trying to join in the conversation. “I’m Lorna”
“Zak” Zak nodded,
“I’m Zoe” The girl smiled.
I smiled back really unsure of what to say. I saw no Twilight or One Tree Hill to start up a conversation over. Zak was obviously into football and I don’t know anything about Zoe.
Kris seemed really happy to see them. Elliot still hadn’t come out of his room, maybe he’s not as close to them as Kris seemed to be. Part of me wanted to go tell Elliot that they were here but speaking to him will be a bit awkward.
“Su bar Later?” Kris said, making cups of tea.
“Yeah” Zoe and Zak both said at the same time.
“Lorna?” Kris asked
“Depends on Alyson” I said.
“Oh” Kris said.
“Alyson our other flatmate?” Zak asked.
I shook my head. “She’s my sister” Both of them gave me a strange look.
“Lorna, y-“ Kris started to say.
“It’s fine” I sighed. “My niece Becky had Leukaemia, She was transferred to the hospital down here but a few days ago she” I took in a breath, I couldn’t say it. “She ...” I started again. Zoe grabbed me in for a hug.
“My sister’s leaving today to go back home. I’m going back up a week on Thursday for the funeral”
“Oh” Zoe said not sure of what to say.
“Wonder if Gaby will talk to me yet” Kris said, pouring out a cup of tea.
“Doubt it” I laughed. Kris walked up the corridor and started talking to the door. We couldn’t hear what he was saying but I knew he probably wouldn’t say sorry. He started tapping the door along with his words.
“Are they together?” Zoe asked.
“I think so” I smiled. “They argue like this a lot though”
The three of us stood there watching him. He leaned against the door and fell straight through. All of us were laughing and I’m sure Gaby was too.
“Get out Kris!” She shouted.
“Fine Then!” He snapped. “Stubborn Cow”
“Go talk to her!” Kris snapped at me. What’ve I done!?
“Okay” I said standing up. I walked over to the fridge and poured out two glasses of milkshake, one strawberry and one vanilla. I walked down to Gaby’s room and walked straight in.
“She doesn’t get told to get out!” Kris shouted up the corridor. I smiled.
“I come in peace” I smiled, handing her the milkshake.
“Thanks” She smiled, taking a sip. “Shut the door”
“Ok” I said, sitting my milkshake on the bedside table and walking over to the door.
“It’s private!” Kris said, now he was starting to bug me.
“Just shut up!!” I said shutting the door.
“I’ve had it with him” She sighed.
“Tell me about it” I smiled.
“No you don’t get it as much as me” She sighed, I feel a rant coming. “For 24 hours all i get from him is whine whine whine, moan moan moan. It’s driving me insane and it’s only been a week!”
“A lot’s happened in a week” I sighed, completely changing the subject not on purposely.
“Guys!” She sighed.
“I know!” I snapped.
“Are you just agreeing with everything I say?” She laughed.
“Well I do! Cause Elliot kissed me this morning! Kissed me then walked off!” I explained.
“He’s so strange!” She said.
“I know!!”
“You like him though!”
“Yeah!” I said, sort of embarrassed.
“Are you going to talk to him?”
“I don’t know” I sighed. “Once I figure out what to say. What could I say?”
“I don’t know!” She laughed. We both laughed I don’t believe my sister still isn’t up!
BANG!
Both us jumped.
“Oh My God!”
“What was that?!” Gaby said. I stood up and walked to the door. We both tip toed down the corridor, scared. Everyone was out of their rooms, even Elliot but this wasn’t the time to talk. I don’t know why since I’m definitely not the bravest but I ended up at the front of all of us. Justin was standing in the kitchen. Everyone just switched from being scared to acting normal. We all stood there watching him not having a clue what to say. He stormed over and spoke directly into my face.
“Where’s Natalie?!” He spat. I looked at Gaby who was trying to keep her balance with her crutches.
“I don’t know” I said. “I haven’t seen her”
“You’re lying!” Justin shouted.
I shook my head. I don’t know what to say.
He stuck his hand out behind him grabbing the first thing that he could, a pink and green rubber duck. He threw it straight at me but i ducked. Everyone else seemed to have stayed in the corridor. It was only me and Justin in the kitchen. Everything was silent. I don’t understand why he’s so mad. He reached behind him again, grabbing the bottle of strawberry milk. This time it came nowhere near me but milkshake had spilt everywhere. I ducked again as he threw a cup, which cracked as it hit the floor. I don’t understand why it was me. Me, getting things thrown at, being shouted at. There were another 5 people in the room but Justin just didn’t seem to care.
“Where is she?” He snapped.
“I honestly don’t know!” I said.
“You do!”
“I swear, I don’t!”
“You’re lying!” He shouted. Everytime I said something he was getting more and more angry. He had hit Natalie before so why wouldn’t he do that to me.
“The truth?!” He snapped.
“I promise, I don’t know!!!” I said, as soon as I said don’t he placed his hand on my shoulder. I had no idea what he would do; whether he would hurt me? All I knew was that I couldn’t move.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 am

Gaby's POV

I walked further down the corridor when I heard a cup smash and fall to the floor. Justin had walked closer to Lorna and placed both hands on her shoulders. He shook her, like he was trying to shake the truth out of her. She tried to free herself, but you could tell his grip tightened.
“The truth!” He yelled loudly, I looked around. Everyone was frozen behind me. No one was trying to do anything.. Why was no one trying to do anything?
“I swear! I don’t know! I swear!” Lorna was practically begging him not to hurt her. I walked closer.
“Justin.” I muttered, “Justin she doesn’t know anything!” I said loudly, he looked at me and came towards me.
“How do I know you’re not lying?” He spat at me, getting closer, “Did she put you up to this?”
“You have to trust me.” I said, “We woke up this morning and she’d gone. We haven’t got a clue.”
I looked over at Lorna. She was standing, pushed against a wall, obviously frightened. She was looking behind me, so I turned around. Zoë was walking out of Zak’s room with him behind her, then she went into Kris’s and he came out too. Justin hadn’t noticed. He was looking through all our letters now, tearing each one open.
“Hey!-” Lorna began to protest, but I gave her a warning look and she went silent. Kris walked past me. He snatched the letter out of his hand and put it in his pocket.
“I think you’ll find that that letter is confidential.” He smirked at Justin. Justin narrowed his eyes.
“Where’s Natalie?” He snapped.
“At home.” Kris told him.
“Which is?” He asked again.
“You’re the boyfriend, don’t you know?” Kris asked, obviously enjoying himself.
“No, I don’t.” Justin told him, angrily.
“Well then, you might as well leave.” Kris told him.
“I just want to apologise!” His tone of voice changed. He picked his coat up.
“I think it’s a bit late for that.” Kris muttered.
“Yeah, 24 hours too late.” I finished.
He walked towards the door, slowly. Zak was now stood in the kitchen too, trying to calm Lorna down. I don’t think it helped as Lorna hardly knew him and he was rubbing her arms to calm her down. She looked a bit freaked out actually.
“I’m sorry.” Justin said, before walking out of the door.

I hopped over to Lorna as Zak walked away. Obviously he realised he wasn’t doing any good. She looked a little calmer, but still a bit scared.
“You ok?” I asked her, she nodded and then looked angry.
“I can’t believe I liked him!” She snapped.
“It’s ok. He’s gone now.” I said, smiling. She nodded and then looked shocked.
“Alyson!” She hurried off down the corridor, like her usual self. I looked down at the floor and saw the smashed cup. Luckily it wasn’t one of mine.
“Reckon he’ll buy us a new cup?” I asked, bending down to pick up the remains. I heard Zak laugh behind me.
“What? It was funny...” He said quietly. I turned around to see Zoë rolling her eyes, but still smiling. I put bits of cup in the bin and headed back to my bedroom. I smiled at Kris as I passed and heard him follow behind me. Once I’d gotten into my room he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I laughed.
“Are you alright?” He whispered into my ear.
“Fine.” I told him. He held me tighter but I shook my head and pulled away from him. He let go as soon as he knew it was what I wanted.
“What’s up?” He asked, taking hold of my hand. I didn’t pull it away. I didn’t mind him holding my hand.
“I meant what I said earlier...” I said quietly. He looked at me confused.
“What did you say earlier?” He asked. I sighed.
“I said there’s no point.” I told him. He looked away from me and towards the floor. I looked towards the door and saw Lorna paused at Natalie’s door, watching us. She’s so nosey! I swear...
I hopped over and shut the door. Kris was now leaning against my desk, obvious hurt in his eyes.
“So, what then?” He asked, looking directly into my eyes.
“It’s just..” I paused, “I feel like we only started this-” I pointed from myself to him, “-because everything’s so new.”
“Nothing’s new for me.” He reminded me.
“I am. And I feel like I only like you because you were the first person I saw. We can both do so much better Kris.” I said, leaning up against the door.
“But you aren’t the first person I’ve seen in Hollyoaks.” He told me. I should’ve known he’d put up a small fight.
“I didn’t say I was.” I told him.
“I don’t think I could do any better either.”
“We both know that if we stay together, we’ll argue so much that we’ll hate each other.” I said, looking away. “I still want us to be friends....” I muttered, looking at him. He nodded.
“I’d like that.” He smiled at me and I felt my heart pick up pace. We both straightened up at the exact same moment and crossed the room to each other. I gave him a hug.
“Thanks.” I whispered, resting my head against his chest. I already felt like regretting what I’d just done, but it was the right thing to do. I know it was.
“SU bar later?” He asked. I pulled away from him. Not that I wanted to, but I shouldn’t be too close when I’ve just finished everything with him.
“Sure. I'll see you there.” I told him, he nodded and walked out of my room. I closed the door behind him and slid down the back of it, letting a few tears fall out of my eyes. Surely I shouldn’t feel like this if I didn’t have feelings for Kris, right?

I knocked quietly on Lorna’s door and then walked in.
“Is Alyson alright?”
Lorna was sat at her desk, studying her lecture time table we got the day before through the post. She was making notes on it now.
“Not really.” She replied, before sighing and putting the pen down. “She doesn’t want to leave. She’s just gone to the shop.”
“Oh right.” I said, nodding. “I see...”
“Gaby...” She started, her face becoming suspicious. “What do you want..?”
She knew me too well.
“Tell me about you and Elliot Now! Don’t leave anything out!” I said quickly. She laughed and put her finger to her lips.
“Shh!” She pointed at the wall. “He’s next door!”
“So? Girls are designed to gossip.” I said, smiling.
“Nothing happened, I’ve already told you everything.” She said, picking her pen up again.
“Liar!” I said, causing her to drop her pen and whip round to face me.
“Liar?” She asked, raising her eyebrows.
“You didn’t tell me what kind of kiss it was. Passionate, fiery, peck, romantic, smooch...” I trailed off.
“It was...” She shrugged. “Meh.”
“Meh? Just meh? What does ‘meh’ even mean?”
“I don’t know. It didn’t have a type. It was Elliot-ish.”
“Aw no! You got a geek kiss!” I said, acting disgusted.
“No! No, no, no!” Lorna quickly stuck up for him.
“What was he like? Don’t say a washing machine...” I said, narrowing my eyes. She laughed nervously.
“We didn’t even use tongues! It was more like..” She paused, “The way your grandma kisses you.”
“That’s actually..” I paused to think of a word. “Revolting.”
“I didn’t say it felt like I was kissing my grandma!”
“Too late!” I said, acting like I was going to be sick. “LORNA IMAGINES HER GRANDMA WHEN SHE KISSES- Hey! Ow!” I squeaked the last words as she threw herself on me. “Lorna, I’m sorry, I’m just not into girls.” I said sarcastically as I pulled away from her.
“Oh ha ha!” She said, narrowing her eyes. “Don’t do that again.”
“Don’t you do that again!”
“Deal.” Lorna said.
“You could’ve been a bit gentler.” I said sadly, rubbing my cast. She hadn’t hurt it, but she could’ve.
“You’ll be fine.” She smiled. I narrowed my eyes. “So how are you and Kris?”
I stayed silent.
“Aw come on! I’ve given you my gossip, the least you could do is give me yours..”
“I finished it.” I told her.
“You what?!” She asked, shocked.
“Finished. It.” I emphasised each word. She gave me an unimpressed look.
“I understood what you said!” She told me, “Why the hell did you do that?”
“It wouldn’t have lasted.” I shrugged.
“Yes it would have!” She said, freaking out. I opened my eyes wide. “Did Kris want this?” She questioned. I shrugged.
“I don’t ever think I wanted this.” I admitted. She rolled her eyes.
“So neither of you wanted it, yet you still did it.” She told me, “Idiot.”
“It seemed right an hour ago. It still is right! You know we’d just be driving everyone crazy if we were together, you hated being around us anyway!”
“That’s the worst excuse I’ve ever heard, and you were already starting to argue less.”
“It’s not an excuse!” I snapped.
“Ok then.”
“It isn’t!”
“I agreed.” Lorna said, like she’d given up on caring. I sighed and sat down on her bed just as Alyson walked in.
“Hey Gaby.” She smiled at me and dumped a shopping bag on Lorna’s desk.
“Hi Alyson.” I smiled back at her and headed for the door. “Loonz, you coming to the SU later?”
“I don’t know. I'll see.” She replied. I nodded and walked out of her room.

I went through to my room and picked up my iPod. Whenever I’m upset it always seems to cheer me up. Mainly because I put it on so loud that it’s too hard to think, but also because I have great taste in music! I skipped down the corridor with it in my hand and flicked the kettle on. I put one headphone in and went to turn it on.
“You and Kris would have been such a cute couple.”
I jumped and nearly dropped my iPod. I could’ve sworn I was in here alone.
“Zoë! Hi.” I said, laughing at myself. “You scared the life out of me.”
“Sorry.” She smiled apologetically.
“What do you mean? How would we have been cute?” I asked, laughing slightly.
“I heard you talking to Lorna. You finished things with Kris?” She asked, standing up and sitting at the counter.
“There was nothing to finish.” I told her.
“Mm Hmm.” She picked up a magazine and started reading.
“Why?” I asked, “What do you know?”
“Oh, nothing of any interest.” She smiled.
“Try me.”
“You already know.” She told me. I thought for a second.
“Hint?”
“He’s crazy about you.” She said, putting the magazine down. “Even a blind man could see he’s in love with you.”
“That’s ridiculous. It’s only been a week.” I told her, turning around and putting the boiling water in my cup.
“I’ve only ever seen him act like this with one other person.” She said, flicking the edges of her magazine and bending them to make shapes.
“That Jess girl?”
“Yeah.. How did you know?”
“You mentioned her earlier.” I reminded her. She nodded.
“The were crazy about each other, but were too afraid to admit it. They’d argue 24/7 but flirt all the time. A couple of times it looked like they’d finally realised how they felt about each other, but then the arguing started again. They would’ve been perfect for each other, and then she slept with my boyfriend and ran off with his money.” She nodded sadly.
“What?!” I asked shocked.
“You know Darren?” She asked, I shook my head. “He works at the dog?”
“That pub?”
“Yeah.” She smiled.
“I’ve never been in there.” I told her, she just laughed.
“Well, he’s a bit of a sleaze now, but he used to be really sweet. He started gambling and.. well..” She paused, “Things happened.”
“What are you trying to say?” I asked her.
“I’m saying that you and Kris fit more perfectly than him and Jess did.” She said, “You belong together and it’s perfectly obvious. Me and Zak could tell as soon as we walked in.”
“We wouldn’t work out.” I said, shaking my head. “I do like him. I like him a lot. But it’ll never work out. What’s the point in starting something that I know will end soon?”
“Just think about it.” She said, before standing up and walking down to her room. I waited until she’d gone into her room before I slammed my hand against the counter and groaned. As if she wants me to go running back to him already. I don’t even want to. I can’t stand to get even more upset than I already am. Who knows what I’d do. I don’t want to go back into old habits and going out with Kris is bound to make me. He’d never hurt me purposely, I know that. But what if we had a huge argument and things happened? I can’t start anything till I’m sure with myself. I like him though, that’s for sure. I’d love for him to fight for me. I want him to be jealous. I want him to beg me to take him back...
I want him.
_____
x
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:41 am

Lorna's POV

“Are you sure you don’t want the flat?” Alyson said, for the fifth time in the last few hours.
“I’m sure” I said also for the fifth time. I really couldn’t live by myself! I hate silence!
“But your room at halls is so” She paused trying to think of something, “small!” She said sounding disgusted.
“And?” I laughed slightly. She paused and looked at me. “If you live here you’ll miss me more! And come home!”
“I’m sick of home!” I sighed.
“I thought you were going to say you were sick of me!”
“Well ...” I smiled.
“Shut it!” She laughed, throwing a top at me which I folded and put into another box. We’d been sitting packing up stuff and talking for at least a few hours now. There wasn’t even that much to pack but we’d taken forever.
“I think we’re done” She said, standing up and looking around. “What time is it?”
“Erm ...” I said taking my phone out of my pocket. “20 past 1”
“An hour before I need to get the bus” She sighed. She’s actually leaving. Everything was going to be different. I know it’s different now but it’ll be worse when Aly leaves. I just kept thinking about what she would be like back at home, she’ll be all alone, yeah Rachel and Lyndsey will be over all the time but they won’t live there.
“So you’ll come check everything’s okay with the removal guys on Thursday before you leave?”
I nodded.
“You’re so quiet!” She whined.
“I know” I sighed.
“Lorna, I’m fine with you staying here” She said as if she knew what I was thinking.
“Are you sure?”
“Yup” She nodded, tears forming in her eyes. She was lying.
“Don’t lie!” I said my voice breaking as I spoke. I walked over to her and she hugged me.
“We’ll both be fine” She said forcing a smile. I just nodded.
“I don’t want to stay anymore” I sobbed.
“Now you’re lying!” She said. “You’ve wanted to move away for ages!” I couldn’t think of what to say, she’s right. I have but “Not now” I said aloud not meaning to.
“Yes now!” She laughed and sniffed away her tears at the same time “You've already had a year off!"
“I'll go next year” I said, “I’ll stay in Glasgow! Then I can be home every weekend!”
“No!” She stated. “You know you don’t want that!”
“I do!” I said.
“Just give up!” She laughed, letting me go from the hug that had lasted a while. “The removal guys will be here at half 10. Don’t forget!”
“I won’t!”
“You will!” She snapped. “I’ll text you”
“Fine” I agreed. I will forget. I know I will but I don’t like the extra warnings about stuff!! Alyson walked over to the table that was right in the middle of the room and picked her handbag up off of it and walked to the door and handed me the key.
“When I got this place I thought we’d use it loads” She sighed. “I thought we’d be going home together too, the three of us, when Bee got the all clear”
I nodded as a tear ran down my cheek I grabbed Alyson’s hand and walked out of the flat.

Last edited by Loonz on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 am

Gaby's POV

I clicked send and watched the envelope open and close before a message told me that Harriet and Naomi had received their emails. I smiled and shut my laptop. A whole week here and already I’ve broken my ankle and made a mess of everything. I don’t know if my Mum even knew about my ankle yet. Naomi definitely did, but she said Mum wasn’t ringing for 2 weeks so I could get settled in without any reminders of home. They know me well, I suppose..
“Gaby?” Lorna’s voice made me jump. I smiled and turned around. She looked upset which doesn’t surprise me. I think Alyson just left. “I think these are for you.” She bent down outside my door and emerged with some flowers. I dropped my head onto my desk causing a loud thud. “I’m guessing they’re from Kris?” She asked, a hint of humour in her voice.
“They better not be.” I muttered, standing up and taking them from her. The tag said ‘Gaby’ in neat fancy writing. I groaned.
“What’s wrong?”
“We ended it! No. We ended nothing.” I said, passing the flowers back to her. “There was nothing going on in the first place.”
“Why are you lying?” She huffed, following me through to the kitchen. We were going slowly as I hopped down on one leg. I forgot my crutches.
“I’m not.” I told her, going under the kitchen sink. I swear I put it in here somewhere. She gave me a look as I pulled out buckets and cloths until I finally found my nice creamy blue vase. “Please can you fill this with water?” I asked, handing it carefully to her. I remember getting this. It came with flowers Juliet sent when I was really ill. Of course she didn’t come home. Even though she’s my Mum’s daughter, Mum would have almost certainly started world war 3 if she turned up at a time like that.
“Thought you didn’t care.” She said, narrowing her eyes but doing as I’d asked. She threw the flowers into my hands as she turned the tap on. Good job I can catch.
“I don’t!” I snapped, cutting the end of each flowers stem to make them different heights. Lorna handed the vase back to me (now full with water) and watched as I placed each flower in carefully.
“If you don’t care, then why are you arranging the flowers so..” She thought for a second, “Caringly.”
I rolled my eyes.
“I’m not just going to dump them in.” I laughed, “Just because I don’t want them doesn’t mean I don’t like them.”

“I’m confused.” She said slowly. I smiled. “I don’t understand. If you don’t want them then why not just throw them away? I mean, it’d make perfect sense seeing as you and Kris were apparently never anything - although!” She took a deep breath, “I swear you were! I mean, how can you call that not anything? You were all over each other 24/7. I nearly said 34/7 then, which would be weird as there isn’t 34 hours in a day. Anyway, back to you and Kris and the – are they roses?! That must have cost him a fortune!” She looked in more detail. “Orange! Sexy.. So yeah” She cleared her throat. “throw them away?” She asked, smiling at me. I stared at her in shock.
“You do realise that whole speech was pathetic and pointless.. Right?” I rolled my eyes and grabbed the flower back, “And there are lots of different coloured roses in here! Not just orange.” I reminded her.
“I want a blue one.” She thought out loud, before shaking her head. “Anyway!” She snapped quickly, “don’t change the subject.”
I laughed, “I’m not.”
“Not what?”
“Changing the subject.” I sighed, “I don’t want to throw them away. Like you just said in your mini rant.. They must have cost him a fortune and well, they’re pretty.” I smiled.
“But you don’t really care about them and who got them you?”
“No.” I told her straight. She picked up a red rose and chucked it in the bin. I opened my mouth in shock, ready to protest.
“I knew you liked him!” She said quickly, smiling. I felt funny. I had this urge to grab the rose and place it neatly with the others. Why was I feeling like this?
“No! Stop twisting things.” I snapped out of it. “Me and Kris are never going to be anything, never were anything! We’re just friends, ok? I don’t give a damn about these flowers.” I shut the bin loudly.
“Is that what you think?” Kris’s voice came from behind me. I closed my eyes and hit the counter. I heard Lorna giggle under her breath but she stopped when she saw the look on my face.
“Hey Kris.” I turned around and smiled normally at him. He didn’t smile back. Lorna was whispering next to us, her fingers crossed and eyes closed.
“Please not another fight, please not another fight.” She chanted. I cleared my throat to get her attention and she opened her eyes. Her face turned scarlet and she looked away embarrassed. “Oh, I have to.. erm..” She mumbled before rushing down to her room.

I stayed silent and so did he. The end of a dozen stems were littering the side and floor and I still had a few more to cut up and place neatly in the vase. I could sense another argument, there’s definitely no way I’m getting out of this one. I started fumbling around with the flowers, waiting for him to say something.
After a few minutes of awkward silence I decided I had to say something.
“I hate it when you go all moody.” I muttered, not knowing what else to say.
“Why do you think nothing happened between us?” He asked quietly.
“Because nothing did..” I told him, confused.
“I’d like to think something happened.”
“Oh come on Kris! The most we did was kiss. We didn’t even sleep together! We never went on a date or got to know each other.. We did nothing.” I told him.
“So are you saying you didn’t like it?” He asked. I dropped the cutting knife and placed my hands on the counter, facing away from him.
“No.” I said truthfully.
“Then what are you saying?” He asked, frustrated.
“I don’t know!” I snapped, turning to face him. “I just want us to be friends. Have a laugh at the SU tonight and just enjoy Uni, ok?”
He nodded and smiled at me.
“Sorry.” I said, he looked at me confused. “For changing my mind and being a right cow.”
He laughed and gave me a hug.
“I bet I’m driving you crazy.” I said, hugging him back.
“Yeah, you are.. but I don’t care.” He said, kissing the top of my head. I relaxed in his arms. It felt so comfortable and right. I think we both forgot the last 6 hours for a second, but quickly remembered. I pulled away awkwardly.
“You better go get ready. Knowing you we won’t get there till midnight.” He joked, nudging me softly.
“I’m faster than you.” I muttered, looking away. I glanced around for my crutches when I realised I’d left them in my bedroom. I can hop. I pulled myself out of the kitchen using the counter for support.
“Where are your crutches?” Kris asked, concerned.
“My room.” I laughed. I heard him snigger. I carried on down the corridor, making as much noise as possible as I hopped loudly.
“Gaby?” He asked from behind me.
“Yes?” I asked turning around.
“Did you like my flowers?”
“They’re beautiful.” I smiled, “Thanks.” I said, before going into my room and closing the door.

“My feet hurt already.” Lorna complained, sitting next to me in the SU bar and taking her heels off. She rubbed her foot soothingly.
“Don’t complain about sore feet to me.” I sighed, kicking my ankle up into the air to prove my point, she smiled and nodded.
“I suppose mine’s nothing.” She agreed.
“Spoken to Elliot?” I asked, casually.
“Not even seen him.” She replied, looking around.
“He won’t be here.” I laughed, she nodded.
“Where do you think he-”
“Alien hunting.” I cut in before she could finish her question. She rolled her eyes.
“He’s not that obsessed.”
“I’m sure he is.” I laughed, “Now go get me another drink!” I ordered, laughing. She saluted me.
“Aye, Aye.” She said, running off to the bar. When she left Zak took her seat.
“Hey.” He smiled, I nodded.
“Hello.” I replied, putting my leg back on the floor. I feel such a mess and so bored. I can hardly do anything.
“You want a game of pool?” He asked, nodding towards the pool table.
“Maybe later. If I don’t stay here Lorna’s bound to get lost.”
“Ok. See you soon then.” He smiled, standing up and going back over to Kris and Zoë. I got my phone out and checked for any messages from Natalie. Nothing.
“Malibu and coke at your service.” Lorna said, placing the drink in front of me.
“Cheers!” I smiled, putting my phone away.
“Uh oh.”
“What?” I asked, looking around.
“Someone’s coming over.” She whispered to me. I looked straight ahead and saw a lad around our age heading over to us.
“Perfect!” I smiled.
“What?!” She asked shocked.
“My shot at making Kris jealous.”
“Why would you want to do that?” She asked.
“To make him think I don’t care.”
“But you do care.” She pointed out.
“I know that.” I said, without even thinking.
“I knew it! I knew it! You admitted you like Kris!” She shouted, standing up and clapping. A few heads pointed our way. I looked away embarrassed and put my head in my hand. I saw Kris turn towards the bar rather than facing towards us like he was. Lorna sat down quickly.
“That was really loud, wasn’t it?” She asked quietly.
“Ya’h think!” I said annoyed.

“Hello ladies.” The lad finally reached us. I think he must have paused when Lorna started jumping up and down.
“Hey.” Lorna said, smiling.
“Hi there.” I smiled at him. Up close he was actually really good looking.
“My names Danny.”
“Lorna.”
“Gaby.” I said, as he sat down. He settled down in between me and Lorna forcing us to stay where we were. It wasn’t that bad. We actually found a lot to talk about. Before I knew it, an hour and a half had passed. I don’t know about Lorna, but so far I’d had a really good night. I glanced at her and she yawned.
“I’m going to dance.” She mumbled, before standing up and scooting past Danny to get out. He smiled at me.
“She didn’t seem very interested.”
“She’s shy.” I told him. He nodded. I looked around the room. Zoë and Zak were playing yet another round of pool. Kris was stood directly opposite me at the bar. He would look at me every few minutes and then look away quickly. I don’t know why but I liked him getting jealous. I liked the thought of him wanting me. It made me... happy in some strange way.
“How long have you got that on for?” Danny asked, pointing at my cast.
“No idea.” I said sadly. “Stupid drunken night.” I said more to myself.
“Bad luck.”
“Tell me about it.” I laughed, looking at him. He was looking awkward now. Very awkward. I felt my heart pick up pace, but not in a good way. He started to lean in. I held my breath as he got closer. I didn’t even have time to react. Before I knew it his lips had pressed against mine. It was a good 5 seconds before I realised what was going on and pulled away. My first instinct was to look at Kris. I saw him slam his drink against the bar and walk over to Lorna. I looked at the floor.
“Sorry.” Danny said, obviously embarrassed.
“It’s ok.” I said, still not looking up. “Probably my own fault.”
He smiled at me and then stood up nervously. I watched as he walked over to Lorna and started talking to her. Kris watched him lividly and stormed back over to the bar. I pushed my hand through my hair and closed my eyes. I’ve made a mess of everything. I just feel like crying. I stayed where I was for a few minutes. A couple of tears did leak from my eyes and I wondered if Kris noticed. He would look worried one second, then extremely upset the next. Maybe he did notice...
It was only then that I realised why I felt so upset and horrible. I do like Kris. I like him a lot. I shouldn’t have ended what we had. I shouldn’t have been trying to kid myself by saying we were nothing. I like him too much... Way too much.
I stood up and hopped over to him. He looked away from me at first, so I leaned up against the bar next to him waiting for him to get curious and look. After a minute he turned around.
“Hello.” I said, smiling.
“Hey.” He muttered, fiddling with the top of a bottle and making popping noises as he stuck his finger in and out of it. He was obviously trying to make it seem like I wasn’t getting to him. It was funny how he was still hiding it. I laughed and smiled at him.
“What?” He asked, bluntly.
“Just you.” I said, smiling. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him softly. He pulled away, which is what I expected.
“I thought you didn’t want this?” He asked confused.
“I was wrong.” I told him, “Stupid really. I can’t even last 9 hours without you and it’s only been a week.” I said, laughing. He smiled and leaned closer to me, kissing me again and again and again and again and again...
___
x

Last edited by Gabrielle.x on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 am

Lorna's POV

Well, isn’t this fun. I’m sat here, while Kris and Gaby sit and kiss, I swear if I was to stand up and scream and then shout: HE’S EATING MY FRIEND everyone else would look at me but not them. I’m completely invisible. Well not to Danny since he’s sitting here talking about this video he saw on you tube the other day but to be honest I’m not interested. He’s not going to kiss Gaby and then do the same with me like 45 minutes later!
“So, like you should really check out their other video’s” He said. I didn’t even know who made the video’s he was on about.
“Sure” I nodded along. Yes, I know I’m slightly drunk but I’m not going to do anything stupid.
“Fancy another drink?” He asked, picking up my empty glass. I have two options, say I want another drink, wait till he goes to the bar and run! Or I could just say ...
“No thanks, I think I’m going to go back to halls now”
“Oh, Sure you don’t want to stay a bit longer?” He said. I’m sure! “Your mates don’t looking like they’re ready for leaving” He glancing over at Kris and Gaby all curled up on the couch. They need to leave and get a room!!
“I’m really tired” I said, faking a yawn. “I’m gonna go back”
“Right babe” Danny nodded. I hate that word. “Want me to walk you back?”
“No thanks” I smiled.
“Sure babe?” He smiled as I stood up the off of the chair. Believe me I’m sure.
“Yeah. I’ll be fine” I lied as I walked away hoping he wouldn’t come after me. I staggered down the steps outside of the student union. If I just follow this wall I should get back to halls, I think, although since I can barely walk in a straight line that may be a problem. I’m not that drunk, honestly I’ve been so much worse. I’ve only had a few Smirnoff ices but I just can’t seem to control my feet plus its pitch black outside which doesn’t help. I took my phone out of my pocket and used it to sort of see where I was going.
“Lorna!” Someone said behind me causing me to jump, I turned round and stuck my phone into their face to see who it was.
“Elliot!” I said. “Sorry” I quickly apologized as i whacked my phone off of his nose. “What are you doing here at –“ I stopped to turn my phone around so I could see the time. “Half ten? Is that all!”
“Yes” Elliot said, holding on to my arm as I staggered forward again, he was sweet! “Nearly past my bedtime” He said. I started to laughed but stopped when I realised he might actually not be joking.
“Where’s Zak, Zoe and everyone else?” Elliot asked looking behind him as he guided me forward towards halls.
“Zak and Zoe are playing snooker. Kris and Gaby are well being Kris and Gaby”
“Arguing?” He asked.
“No. Completely loved up” I said. “Well that’s until they fall out tomorrow”
Elliot nodded. “I think you better get to bed” Elliot said as he unlocked the door to the flat.
“Will you come with me?” Oh My God! I did not just say that!!
“Erm, Do you want me to help you get your things?”
“Sure” Thank God. He thought that was what I was meaning. He grabbed my arm again and led me down into my room.
“Where are your –“
“Top drawer” I said, yawning again as I sat down on to my bed. I stretched and started to take my top off.
“I’ll just g-“, Elliot said before I grabbed his hand and kissed him and things just lead on from there ...
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:05 am

Gaby's POV

I laughed again as he tickled my sides, but I tried to keep it down. We were still in the SU bar. He was only doing this because I said I don’t like how everyone’s staring at us.
“Ignore them!” He said when I pulled away for the 5th time and sat up.
“I can’t.” I moaned as I saw Lorna rush away from Danny and out the main door. That’s when he started forcing me down with the tickles! It worked, but it was rude. I shouldn’t be forced to do anything. I don’t honestly care, but still...
“Stop.” I said through a laugh. He stopped instantly and kissed me again. “I feel dizzy.” I complained, sitting up for the 6th time now.
“You’re such a liar!” He said, laughing now. “Tickling you cannot make you dizzy.” He stated. I narrowed my eyes.
“I feel dizzy!” I repeated, lying back on the sofa but away from him. I put a hand on my head and waited for this feeling to go away. The room was spinning and the loud music was hardly helping. He picked up my glass.
“What painkillers are you taking?” He asked, a smirk on his face.
“That stuff the doctor gave me, why?” I asked, scared now.
“You’re not supposed to drink alcohol when you’re on painkillers. He told you the night you snapped your leg-”
“-Ankle.”
“Whatever.” He said, standing up. I groaned.
“Why didn’t anyone remind me?” I complained, standing up as well. He put an arm round me as I lost balance instantly. “Woah.”
“Careful!” Kris was laughing now. I picked my crutches up and started towards the door. He followed me up to the pool table, said bye to Zak and Zoë then met me again at the door. “I can see this ending in disaster.”
“You and me both.” I said, leaning against the railings as soon as we left the SU. It’s only up some stairs. I can make it, surely.
“Come here.” Kris laughed again before knocking the back of my knees and scooping me into a baby cradle. I instantly thrashed around.
“Put me down!” I said, “Now!”
“But you can’t even walk!” He protested.
“Just – please?” I asked, calming down. He sighed and put me down onto my feet. “Thank you.” I said, hopping towards the doors of halls. I suddenly felt extremely motion sick. I hadn’t had this feeling in about 5 years. I sat on the floor quickly and put my head I my hands. Kris crouched next to me.
“What’s up?” He asked quietly.
“Feel sick.” I muttered, looking up and back against the wall. “I blame you.” I said slowly. He laughed.
“What? My kiss poisoned you?”
“Something like that.” I said, trying to get back up. Kris pulled my hand and helped me get my balance.
“Sure you don’t want me to carry you? We’d get up faster..” He was getting on my nerves now.
“Don’t try to kid yourself into thinking you’re strong.” I said, smiling.
“I don’t think I’m strong, just you’re extremely light.” He said, laughing.
“I don’t know what you’re on about.” I said, rolling my eyes. He put his hand on my sides and lifted me up the first two steps at the entrance of Halls. I narrowed my eyes. “Cheers for that.”
“Come on!” He laughed now.
“Fine! Whatever. But when you die because I crush you...” I trailed off.
“I'll forgive you because I’m kind like that.” He said, smiling. I smiled and held my crutches awkwardly. “Leave them down here, I'll get them in a minute.” He laughed. I placed my crutches in a dark corner where drunk students wouldn’t see them and allowed Kris to pick me up.
“I swear we’re both going to die.” I told him, he just laughed and headed up the stairs.

Kris ran off back down the stairs to get my crutches, leaving me stranded in the kitchen. I got myself a drink of water and settled on a stool, waiting.
“Elliot!” Lorna giggled from her bedroom. I froze. No way! She was laughing more now and then she stopped and made an odd “Mm” noise. I felt worse now.
“Ew!” I complained, putting my hands over my ears.
“What’s up?” Kris asked, out of breath, walking through the front door.
“Listen.” I said, laughing. We both went silent and then Lorna moaned again. Kris pulled a disgusted face.
“That’s gross.” He told me, handing me my crutches.
“Bed time!” I yawned, standing up and steadying myself.
“I'll check you haven’t died in 5 minutes.” Kris joked as I hopped down the corridor. I stopped for a second outside Lorna’s room to hear her giggling again. Then they started making their way towards the door.
“Kris! A little help!” I whispered loudly. He was stood at his doorway, laughing. He rolled his eyes and practically threw me into his room. “Oh yeah! Lovely.” I said sarcastically, rubbing my sides. I collapsed on his bed and heard Lorna and Elliot make their way through to the sitting room.
“No. No!” I said annoyed. “How do I get out now?”
“You could walk?” Kris suggested.
“Without getting embarrassed.” I added onto the end.
“Embarrassed?”
“Kris, how do I explain what we were doing when Lorna becomes extremely nosey?” I said, smiling. He laughed. “I want to go to bed!”
“Sleep in here.” He said, laughing.
“If that’s some sort of a pick up line the mess in your room really puts me off.” I said, pointing to the cups and plates he had littering the floor. He laughed.
“No.” He said, “I’m going to show my face.”
“And interrupt them?”
He nodded, smiling.
“Suit yourself.” I said, lying back on his bed. “Eurghh. I don’t even want to know when the last time you changed your bed sheets was.”
“A week and 2 days ago.” He said smugly. I laughed and rolled over. I heard him open and close the door as he left. I guess it’s not a problem to sleep in this bed really..

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.
“Shut up.” I whispered to myself, throwing my hand onto my alarm clock and hitting the snooze button. I opened my eyes. I was back in my room. That’s nice. I turned around and realised for the first time in what felt like forever that Kris wasn’t lying next to me. I have my first lecture this afternoon... Lovely.
I stood up and hopped over to my desk. I glanced at myself in the mirror. I look dead! I brushed all the knots out of my messy hair and put a little but of eye liner on so I didn’t look a complete mess. I then hopped out of my room and down the hall. Zoë, Zak, Elliot and Kris were all sat in the sitting room/kitchen. I went straight into the kitchen and started boiling the kettle.
“Hey.” I said to everyone.
“Hello.” Zoë said, smiling.
“Hi.” Elliot muttered, turning back to his book.
“Alright.” Zak said from the sofa, watching the football match again.
“Hey.” Kris said from the counter next to me. He had his laptop open and was writing something. I glanced at the screen. Looked like an essay. He closed his laptop quickly when he saw I was looking at it.
“You’re hiding something.” I said, sneakily. I gasped overdramatically. “You have a wife and seven children?!”
He laughed, “What?”
“Nothing..” I said, narrowing my eyes and walking back to the now boiled kettle.
“Right.” He said, putting bread in the toaster. I opened his laptop as soon as he turned away. The only other thing open was a flower website. Before I could search it properly he closed the laptop on my fingers.
“Ow! That was rude.”
“Don’t look through my stuff.” He told me, annoyed now.
“I saw my name.” I muttered, rubbing my sore finger. He just shook his head.
“It’s nothing.” He told me. I just nodded. An alarm in Elliot’s room started going off.

Beep..... Beep..... Beep....

It was followed by Lorna’s groan. The beeping got faster.

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.

“Uh Oh. Lorna’s not going to like this.” Elliot said as Kris laughed. I stood there confused.
“Shut Up!” Lorna moaned.

Beep... EXTERMINATE!!!!!

The loud voice of a Darlek suddenly shouted, followed by Lorna’s shrill high-pitched scream. She swore and ran out of the room.
“Oh. Hey.” She said, obviously embarrassed. I looked up and burst out laughing. She was stood there in a pink bra and knickers.
“Gaby, it’s not that funny.” Kris said, looking up at Lorna for the first time. He laughed hysterically. “Lorna! Haven’t you heard of clothes?” He asked, sniggering.
Lorna looked down and then flushed bright red. She darted back into Elliot’s room quickly leaving the rest of us laughing.
______
x
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:10 am

Lorna's POV

Right, I remember Danny, I remember the SU bar. I remember Elliot walking me to halls. I do not know how I ended up in Elliot’s bed. Everyone was out there and I was stood in the middle of them practically naked. It was like a bad dream. I’d gotten dressed now and fixed my hair, put on a bit of makeup but I didn’t want to leave my room. I can’t be bothered with everyone laughing at me back home I was used to it. These are different people or aren’t used to me making a fool of myself constantly. Gaby and Kris will make clever comments that everyone else will find funny – and they probably will be funny – except me. Everyone would be off to lectures in a couple of hours anyway and the longer I leave it the more of an idiot I look; although I already do. I’m thirsty but if I’d make it worse if I went through into the kitchen and took out the milkshake. I’m such a wimp. 19 years old and afraid of Doctor Who. I plucked up the courage and walked over to my bedroom door and opened it. The minute the door closed behind me everyone in the sitting area went silent. I walked up the corridor. They were all there Elliot, Kris, Gaby, Zoe and Zak. I was waiting on someone saying something but nothing. I bent down to get a bottle of apple juice out of the fridge. My trousers were a bit big for me around the waist so I could tell they were falling down.
“Nice to know you’ve changed your underwear” Kris smiled smugly. Everyone else just sat there looking at each other none of them actually looking at me.
“You can laugh at me if you like” I sighed, getting a glass out of the fridge, taking the lid off of the apple juice, pouring it into the glass, putting the lid back on the carton and putting the apple juice back in the fridge and taking a sip from the glass before the laughter died down.
“I better go” Kris sighed.
“Bye” Chorused everyone at the exact same time – including me – and then burst out laughing at the exact same time. At least time they were laughing with me, not at me. Kris stood up off of the couch and walked over to Gaby and gave her a kiss on the cheek before walking away.
“Where’s mine?” Zak said, pointing to his cheek.
“Later Zakky, Later” Kris winked, making me smile. He walked straight out of the door closing it behind him. It was strange this morning because all of us were sitting in the living area together – including Elliot, which shocked me slightly. Usually everyone would be woken up at different times, some hungover, some not but this morning since we had lectures later – well except Elliot and Zak but they seemed to be up anyway. I lifted my glass up off of the counter and went over and sat where Kris had been sitting, next to Zoe. I was waiting on Gaby making her remark but nothing.
“Looked like you had fun last night” She nodded. Zoe smirked as if she was about to laugh but decided against it. I’d been with everyone for 5 minutes and I’m already sick of everyone messing about.
“Exterminate, Exterminate” Gaby said, doing a pretty good impression of a Darlek.
“It’s not funny” I sighed.
“Oh it is!!” Gaby said, smugly.
“I hate Dr Who!”
“Yeah cause it’s soo scary” She said sarcastically.
“Everyone’s scared of something!” I said, I didn’t want an argument!
“But Dr Who? Seriously?” She said.
“Yes” I snapped.
“Someone’s grumpy!” She snapped back.
“Correct” I snapped again.
“Alarm clock freaking you out?”
“Just give up Gaby!!”
“What?”
“I don’t make a fool of things that you’re scared of!” I snapped. “You’re being so ...”
“Don’t finish that sentence!”
“Evil”
“HA!”
“What?”
“Well I was expecting something worse than that!”
“You can be so immature!”
“Me? Immature?” She said with a mocking tone in her voice. “It’s you that’s scared of Doctor Who!!”
“Sometimes you are just such an arroga-“
“What?!” She snapped.
“Arrogant cow” I finished my sentence. I shouldn’t have said that. I’ve crossed a line.
“Says the slut who’s just jumped into bed with the World’s Biggest Dork” Gaby snapped. Elliot’s jaw dropped. “Sorry Elliot” She snapped at him in an angry way.
“Well I happen to like “The World’s Biggest Dork!!, Sorry Elliot”
“Don’t be so cruel to him!” Gaby snapped.
“You just said that!”
“Happy now?” She turned to Elliot. “You’re new girlfriend can’t speak for herself, no, she has to quote what I say”
“Oh, She’s not my girlfriend!” Elliot said.
“I’ve made the biggest mistake ever!” I sighed, tears forming in mine eyes.
“What?” Gaby snapped. “By jumping into bed with him?”
“No” I snapped back “By not going home! My sister needed me but no, I selfishly stayed cause I had friends and there was a guy I liked” I said, looking to Elliot. “But ...” I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I felt stupid just sitting here crying. I stood up, no looking at anyone and walked – quickly – through to my room, slamming the door behind me.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:13 am

Gaby's POV | PART ONE

I picked my crutches up quickly and tried to storm down to my room quickly. I ended up looking stupid rather than angry but I didn’t care at the moment. I slammed my door shut as hard as possible, hoping Lorna would hear it. It was completely silent now in the sitting room. Even the tv had been turned down.
“Am I really that nerdy?” Elliot suddenly asked in a hurt way.
“Elliot, ignore them.” Zak said after he shushed him. I think he was listening out for another shouting match. I didn’t care. I was too angry to care. I know I shouldn’t have reacted like that. It was just a joke.. And then she stressed. I blame her...

Nearly 2 hours passed and neither of us came out of our rooms. I don’t see any point in emerging before her. Why should I be the one to lose the battle? I threw a balled up piece of paper at the wall and caught it as it bounced back to me. I’m getting bored. This isn’t good. I sat up when I heard the front door close.
“What?” Kris sniggered about a minute later. I jumped off my bed carefully and locked the door. The last thing I want right now is an argument with Kris. I think he heard it click because he didn’t even bother pushing the handle down when he got to my door.
“Gaby!” He said annoyed.
“Yes?” I asked.
“Unlock the door.”
“How do you know it’s locked?” I asked, laughing.
“I heard you lock it.” He told me.
“Could’ve been unlocking it, but whatever.” I said, collapsing on my bed and closing my eyes. He waited a second.
“Err, Gaby?” He asked, lightly knocking on the door.
“Yes?” I asked, sounding stressed.
“Open the door.” He said, pushing the handle finally.
“No.” I smile. He was definitely getting frustrated.
“Why not?” He asked.
“Because I’m in an argumentative mood and I don’t want to fall out.” I told him
“We won’t!” He said, a hint of humour in his voice.
“Don’t lie to yourself.” I said, yawning.
“I’m not lying.”
“You obviously are Kris.”
“I’m not!”
“You so are!” I said, standing up and leaning against the door instead.
“No, I’m really not.” He said, annoyed.
“Kris..” I started, “you’re arguing now.” I pointed out. He went silent.
“You tricked me!” He muttered, “Let me in!” He kicked the door. “Ow!”
I burst out laughing and went to open the door but stopped when one across the hall opened.
“You ok?” Lorna’s voice broke a short silence.
“Yeah, fine.” Kris replied, before tapping on my door again. I heard Lorna’s door close again. “Open this door now!” Kris said, pushing the handle down again.
“Leave me alone.” I said, hitting the door. I heard him laugh and then sigh.
“Fine.” He said, walking away from my room and back down the hall. I heard him talking to Zoë about something but I wasn’t interested enough to listen. I was too busy thinking. I’m already beginning to feel guilty about everything with Lorna. She’s going through so much right now and I’m probably just making things harder. A lot harder...

Three short taps on my door made me jump and open my eyes. I glanced at my clock. I must’ve fallen asleep when I was thinking earlier because almost half an hour had past.
“If that’s your Kris-” I started.
“It’s Zoë.” She cut in quickly. She sounded like she really didn’t want to be here. I walked over to the door.
“Is Kris with you?” I asked her, bending down to check under the door.
“Nope.”
“Oh really?” I said, rolling my eyes. “Then explain why there are two pairs of feet outside my room.”
“Errm..” She muttered.
“Whatever.” I said, going back to my bed.
“Open the door please!”
“Why?”
“Because we want to talk to you.” She said quickly.
“But I'll get angry. I’m in a horrible mood.” I told them both.
“So what? I don’t care.” Kris finally spoke. “You’re usually moody when I see you anyway.” He finished, laughing at his own words. I smiled as well.
“But we all agree that if I fall out with you as well it’s your own fault?”
“Yes, sure.” Kris said as I unlocked the door. I didn’t open it, I just stood leaning against my desk. Kris walked in and smiled at me. He then walked over to me and kissed me softly on the lips before pulling me into a hug.
“This helps..” I muttered positively. He laughed and pulled away. Zoë was stood awkwardly in my doorway obviously not sure what to do. Kris just sat on my bed and started playing with the paper ball I made.

“What do you want?” I asked them both.
“I just wanted to see you.” Kris muttered, throwing the ball in the air and catching it.
We-” Zoë shot a look at Kris, “-came to sort things out.”
“So you’ve been annoying her as well, have you?”
“We’re not only here because you hurt Lorna’s feelings, Gaby.” Zoë said, narrowing her eyes. “You really upset Elliot.”
“Oh no!” I said, suddenly feeling horrible. I picked my crutches up and hopped out of my room.
“Where are you going?” Kris asked, matching my speed easily.
“To apologise.” I told him.
“To Lorna?” Zoë asked.
“No! Elliot.” I said, stopping when I got to the sitting room. He was sat on his laptop doing god knows what.

“I’m so sorry Elliot.” I said, hovering by the edge of the sofa. He looked up.
“It’s ok.” He said, shrugging.
“No, it isn’t. I’m such a rude person, I was so mean to you and I’m sorry.” I felt like giving him a hug, but we weren’t exactly close.
“It’s nothing. I’ve been called worse.” He said, making me feel worse. He looked back at his laptop again.
“Gaby..” Zoë said from behind me, “Don’t you think you should be apologising to Lorna?” She narrowed her eyes and pointed towards her door.
“Let me think.” I said slowly. “No.” I smiled and headed back down to my room.
“Gaby!” Kris said, obviously annoyed.
“Kris!” I mimicked exactly the way he said it.
“You’d be the bigger man.” Zoë whispered thinking I wouldn’t hear.
“I’d rather be the bigger woman, thanks.” I smiled mockingly as I got to my room. Zoë threw her hands into the air and walked away, realising she wasn’t going to make me change my mind. Kris however hovered at my doorway.
“Can I talk to you?” Kris asked. I shrugged, I don’t care. I just don’t want us falling out.
“Just leave her to stress by herself, Kris.” Zoë shouted from the kitchen. He gave her a look before walking in and closing the door behind him.
“Are you ok?” He asked stepping closer to me.
“Fine.” I snapped as he reached me and held my hand.
“What happened earlier? I haven’t really got the full details.” He said, smiling.
“I don’t want to talk about it. Can you just – leave?” I asked, breathing out heavily. “Please?”
“Ok.” He said, kissing me softly before walking away.
“Thanks.” I muttered. Once he closed the door behind him I fell onto my bed. I was cheering up before as well, now I just feel awful again.

Over half an hour later I decided I was calm enough to make an appearance. I opened my door slowly and looked around before walking out. I headed down the corridor and stopped at the end. They all looked up at me. I tilted my head confused. Zak and Elliot looked away but Kris and Zoë continued to stare.
“What?” I asked, looking behind me, thinking they were looking at something else. Kris looked back towards the tv but Zoë glared at me. I walked through to the kitchen and started boiling the kettle.
“I'll have one.” Zak said, giving me a cheeky grin.
“Me too.” Kris added.
“And me.” Zoë muttered.
“I will too.” Elliot shrugged. I rolled my eyes.
“Did I offer?” I asked them all. Kris turned around and smiled.
“Yes.” He told me. I laughed quietly and picked the kettle off to fill it with more water. Once I’d set it off to boil I hopped over to Kris and stood at the edge of the sofa. He turned around and smiled. “What’s up?”
“I’m sorry about earlier.” I said, throwing my crutches on the floor and kneeling down next to him. He smiled and put his hand over mine. “I was just stressed at Lorna, not you for a change, and-”
“-I knew you were stressed.” He interrupted. “That’s why I wanted to see you.”
I smiled and kissed him softly. He pecked my cheek before I pulled away.
“People need their cups of tea or coffee.” I said, standing up. He smiled and reached over to pass me my crutches. “Thanks.” I said quietly as they helped me keep my balance. My ankle doesn’t even hurt anymore! I swear it must be healed by now, even though it’s only been a week.
“Tea or Coffee?” I asked everyone as I started getting the cups out.

CONTINUED
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:13 am

PART TWO

Once I’d given everyone their drinks, I snuggled up on the sofa with Kris. I don’t even know what we’re watching. Looks like some detective thing. I glanced around the room. Zoë was reading a magazine, Zak was looking at the sports headlines in a newspaper and Elliot was still on his laptop. I sat up quickly and pulled away from Kris. I shuffled over to the side of the sofa that was closest to Elliot.
“Are you still upset with me?” I asked.
“No.” He muttered, not looking at me.
“Oh no, you are!” I said shocked, “I said I’m sorry Elliot.”
“And I forgave you.” He said, typing away.
“But you obviously haven’t-”
“Gaby, I don’t really care what you think but I’d rather you kept your thoughts to yourself.” He snapped, closing his laptop and standing up. He started walking away.
“Elliot.” I complained, turning round. “Elliot!” I tried calling him back but he stormed into his room. I sighed and lay back on the sofa.
“Well done!” Zoë said, sarcastically clapping. “He now hates you even more!”
“Zo...” Kris started, but she got angry.
“Shut up Kris!” She snapped, “Can’t you see what she’s doing?”
I looked at her confused. Even I didn’t know what I was doing. She was already getting me interested with her obvious fake knowledge.
“How can you fall for someone like – like that?!” She directed at me. I felt horrible as soon as she said that. Angry and upset and hurt... Had I really been giving off that bad an impression? I mean, I know I’ve been angry a lot recently but it’s just stress from moving here. Surely she felt this way in first year. So pressured and alone, knowing absolutely no one. Wasn’t she the one telling me to get back with Kris yesterday? How can she change her mind so fast?
“Zoë, that’s unreasonable!” Kris said, standing up because she had.
“No it’s not Kris. She comes here and starts prancing around as if it’s her home!” Zoe retorted.
“It is her home.” Kris shouted back. I looked away and saw Zak staring up at them both.
“It hasn’t been for long! She’s acting like she owns the place.” Zoë gave me a disgusted look.
“Zo, you’re being a bit-”
“A but what?” She asked, narrowing her eyes. “Harsh? Mean? No. I’m not! It’s not me going round calling Elliot a geek and Lorna a slut!” She folded her arms and glared at me. Zak gave me an apologetic look and Kris sat back down with a sigh.
“Zoë, shut up now.” He ordered her calmly.
“Kris, she has you wrapped around her little finger! Can’t you see that?” She asked angrily. I rolled my eyes and laughed silently.
“No, Zoe I can’t. If you hadn’t already noticed, I really like her. So get lost!” Kris looked away from her and took hold of my hand. I smiled at him and then pulled my hand away.
“Hmm. Obviously doesn’t like you very much.” Zoë said mockingly. I stood and shook my head angrily. Who is she to judge whether I like him or not?
“You know what, Zoë, I’ve had it with you.” I started, getting closer to her. “Yesterday you were telling me to get back together with him and now you’re telling me I don’t like him?” I asked angrily, “For your information I like him a lot! And I know it’ll get bigger and better than this. So don’t you dare even think about telling me who I like and don’t like! It’s just not your place to say so.” I finished, sitting back down and going to hug up to Kris again. He stood up and I look at him confused.
“What?” I asked, watching him walk towards his room. “Kris?” I asked, but he didn’t answer and a second later his door closed.

I stood up when his door locked and just stared at it. What have I done? I thought I’d made my point clear... I thought I was basically telling him how much I liked him and, to be honest, I thought I’d made it sound like I loved him! I felt my eyes sting, obviously wanting to tear up but I wouldn’t let them. Zoë was smirking at me so I just narrowed my eyes and shook my head. Zak stood up and put an arm around me. I must look upset; I should look upset.
“Zoë, you went too far.” Zak told her.
“I had to tell him she doesn’t really love him.” Zoë muttered before smiling and going back to reading her magazine.
“What planet are you on?!” I hissed angrily. “Zoë, I’ve fallen for Kris big time! Yes, I know, 2 weeks doesn’t seem like long. But hell! People get married after knowing each other 2 weeks. You may think I don’t ‘love’ him yet, but I may as well! He’s my whole world at the moment and you’ve gone and ruined it!” I shrieked the last sentence out and Zak pulled me into a hug. I buried my head in his chest and let a couple of tears leak from my eyes.
“Calm down.” Zoë laughed.
“Zoë, shut up!” Zak snapped.
“You’re taking her side?” Zoë asked, surprised.
“Yeah! I am.” He said angrily. “She’s new here, remember! Or have you forgotten? It’s difficult for all freshers and I didn’t see anyone yelling at you in the first few weeks!”
“It’s different, I had nothing to be yelled at for.” She said, smugly.
“Just go away, Zo.” Zak yelled at her. She stayed quiet for a second and then stormed through to her room. I wiped my eyes on my hand before pulling away from Zak and sitting down on the sofa. I sniffed in and picked a tissue up from the table.

“Thanks Zak.” I said throatily. He sat next to me and put and arm round my shoulder.
“No problem.” He replied, rubbing my arm soothingly. “Come on, let’s go talk to Kris.”
“No!” I said quickly. “I can’t..”
“Why not?” He asked, squeezing me slightly then letting go.
“Because.. I look a mess, I’ve been crying, I-”
“Kris isn’t going to care.” Zak spoke over me. I shrugged.
“He’ll laugh at me.” I said, laughing shakily. “Let me just... Calm down. Yeah?”
“I’m getting Kris.” He said, standing up.
“You evil little – wait!” I said as he was about to knock. He smiled at me and then chapped 3 times. I rolled my eyes and sighed.
“Go away.” Kris sighed heavily.
“Do as he says.” I whispered, standing up and walking awkwardly round to him. I hadn’t tried walking with my cast on before, but it seemed surprisingly easy. I probably looked stupid though.
“It’s me.” Zak called through. I cursed and narrowed my eyes.
“And?” Kris asked annoyed.
“Gaby – but she won’t talk.” Zak said, glaring at me.
“Too right I won’t.” I muttered so only Zak could hear me. He laughed.
“Leave me alone.” Kris said loudly.
“Me and Gaby are coming in.” Zak said, I shook my head.
“No, Gaby’s not.” I said loudly.
“Yes she is!”
“No she isn’t!” Me and Kris said at the exact same time. I paused and there was a short silence.
“Woah, freaky.” I muttered.
“Just go away!” Kris snapped, stressed.
“Gladly.” I said, turning round and heading towards my room. I sat on my bed and closed my eyes. They were already stinging, threatening to tear up and cry. I won’t let them. The last two weeks have been awful. Too many arguments with Kris; Natalie getting hit and leaving; breaking my ankle; Becky dying. I opened my eyes. I completely forgot about how Lorna must be feeling right now. I shook my head regretfully and stood up quickly. I hopped and then limped over to Lorna’s room and stood outside. Zak looked up as I passed.
“You decided to try and talk to him?”
“No. I’m apologising to Lorna.” I whispered back, before knocking on Lorna’s door. She stayed quiet for a second and then spoke.

“Whom may be wishing to speak to me?” She asked, in her mockingly posh voice.
“Gaby wishes to speak to you, M’dear.” I said. I heard her shuffle across the room and felt the door move as she leant against it.
“And what would Gaby be wanting?”
“Gaby would be wanting to apologise for being a cruel, insensitive bitch.” I said as the door opened.
She stood in the doorway looking normal. Not angry or upset. Happy.
“I’m so sorry!” I said quickly.
“Me too!” She replied, giving me a hug.
“I really didn’t mean any of that stuff I said.”
“Same!” She said, squeezing me into another hug. I pulled away before I suffocated and smiled. She gave me a confused look. “You’ve been crying?” She asked as we walked into her room ands he closed the door.
“Zoë...” I explained. “And Kris. But mainly Zoë.” I said, shrugging. I talked her through everything that she happened to miss (although I don’t see how she missed it – we were so loud!)
“So you came here?” She asked confused.
“Friends first.” I smiled. She smiled back but then rolled her eyes.
“Go talk to Kris.” She ordered, pointing at the door.
“Do I have to?” I complained, feeling like a little kid being told what to do.
“Yes!”
“Why?”
“Because I said so.” She said, smiling.
“Fine, but when I get back I want all the gossip about Elliot.” I hopped out of the room and stood outside the door. I glanced around the hall for my crutches but realised they were all the way in the kitchen. I can’t be bothered going to get them, especially as Kris’s is closer, so instead I just limped over to Kris’s room.

I tried to walk straight in but the door was still locked. I sighed and tapped lightly on it. I heard him sit up on his bed and obviously listen out for someone.
“Kris?” I muttered quietly.
“What do you want?” He asked, standing up. I leaned my head against the door and closed my eyes.
“To find out why you walked off.” I said, pushing the handle down again.
“You know perfectly well why.” He replied.
“Right, then can you remind me, because for some reason I’ve forgotten!” I snapped back. I heard the door click and then opened. I very nearly fell in, but luckily I didn’t.
“Hi..” I said, slowly.
“Hey.” He said quietly. There was a really awkward silence and I took a small step closer to him.
“Can I come in?” I asked. He nodded and I followed him inside. Once the door closed I slid down the back of it and sat on the floor. It was comfier.
“What’s up?” He asked, sitting next to me. He didn’t complain about where I’d sat at all.
“What do you mean?”
“You’ve been crying.” He stated. I nodded and looked away.
“Blame Zoë.”
“What’s she done now?” He asked angrily.
“Kris, you know what she’s done! She’s been an arrogant, two faced, self obsessed cow!” I said, stressed. He looked the other way.
“Don’t you start.” He muttered.
“Why did you walk off?” I asked, leaning my head back and preparing for the answer I didn’t want to hear.
“Because Zoë was right.” He said. My heart dropped. “You – me – it just doesn’t fit. Maybe we were just a bit of fun.” He looked towards the floor. I felt my eyes fill with tears. I wiped them quickly but he heard me sniff. He turned and gave me an apologetic look.
“Is that what you think?” I asked, still wiping my eyes. They wouldn’t stop.
“No.” He admitted.
“Good.” I took a deep breath, “Because I don’t either.” I said thickly. He put one hand in mine and used the other to wipe a few tears away.
“What does this mean?” He whispered.
“Believe me and not Zoë?” I said it as a question because I wasn’t really sure what he meant.
“No. Not that. Us.” He looked straight into my eyes and I smiled.
“It means that I have the right to do this.” I kissed him to show what I meant, “and another thing.” I paused, he looked at me confused. “Will you, Kris Fisher, be my official boyfriend?” I asked, smiling.
“Only if you, Gabrielle Lawson, will be my girlfriend.” He laughed. I pretended to really think about it.
“I suppose... If I must.” I muttered, before smiling brightly and kissing him. He put his arms around me and I leaned into his side.
“Why are we sat on the floor?” He asked, obviously feeling like he can talk normally with me now.
“I couldn’t be bothered walking anywhere else.” I said, laughing. He kissed my head. “You’ll be happy to know I apologised to Lorna.”
“Oh, finally!” He said, squeezing me tight. I closed my eyes and relaxed. Finally my day felt good. Apart from the Zoë and Elliot incident – I don’t think we’ll ever be friends – everything seemed fine. I had the perfect boyfriend (well, perfect enough for University) and great friends already. I heard Zoë leave her room and sighed. I don’t want to stress myself out, but I can’t leave everything with her as it is. I could always make an excuse.. I never did finish that cup of tea I made earlier, and I don’t know who’s in the kitchen – do I?
______
xx
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:17 am

Lorna's POV

Kris was the only one who’d actually gone to lectures today; mine was at 10 so since I’ve spent most of the day hiding in my room I’ve missed it. Gaby missed hers too so did Zoe. I don’t really see why Zoe missed hers though because she was just getting involved in other people’s business and now Gaby isn’t speaking to her at all and I don’t think Kris will be either. I feel extremely guilty this whole thing is my fault. I started snapping at Gaby for no reason at all; she was just having a carry on. We’ve made up now though which cheered me up but there was still one problem Elliot. He was now in his room refusing to talk to anyone, even Zak. Gaby shouldn’t have said that. She was mad at me and took it out on him. I’ve now been sitting in my room for over an hour since me and Gaby had made up, I was too scared to go out again, Kris and Gaby had made up – as usual – but I was scared if I went out there Zoe would stir things and try to start up another fight. Being stuck in my room with nothing to do was making me think about the funeral though. I had only been to one before – my parents – but that was a blur, it would always be something that I would shut out – along with the moment I found out. I need to check with Elliot that he’s still coming but I’m scared to talk to him. I don’t want to say something to mess things up with him, last night was fun. He is such a sweet guy and he was obviously upset about earlier, not just because Gaby said it but because I repeated it but he’d hurt me too when he said I wasn’t his girlfriend he sounded disgusted that Gaby thought that. I thought he’d had fun like I had.
I need to phone my sister to check train times and tell her that Elliot was coming. There was so many things I had to do before tomorrow but I really didn’t want it to come. I had pushed everything to the back of my head. I just wouldn’t let myself think about Becky. I hate the fact that tomorrow I’m going to have to go home, it’s just going to make it more obvious to me that she isn’t there. There will be no toys lying about, baby monitors, bibs ... it’s going to be so hard. Alyson hadn’t spoken to me much since she got home just a few texts back and forth but that was it. Things were probably going back to normal between us, we’d never been that close ever but the whole thing with Becky had pushed us together. I really need to pack as well but I have no clue what to wear at Mum and Dad’s I had a black dress but after the funeral I destroyed it in a state, I didn’t want it hanging in the wardrobe, I didn’t want to have to look at it and remember the funeral every time I went into my wardrobe.
I stood up off of my bed. I can’t sit here and think any longer. I walked out of my room and tapped on Elliot’s door. I was doing it without even thinking, I have no clue what I should say – apart from sorry. I glanced up the corridor to see who if anyone was in, Gaby, Kris and Zoe were all sat in an awkward silence in the sitting area. Gaby and Kris were sitting together on one couch snuggled up to one another and Zoe was sitting at the far end of the other couch giving them a horrible bitchy look. I don’t see why she is getting so upset. Maybe she’s jealous ... I chapped Elliot’s door again and waited for a response but nothing.
“Elliot?” I said, through the door normally.
“Go Away!” He snapped.
“Elliot” I sighed. “Please let me in”
“No.”
“But ...”
“Just go!”
“I need to talk to you!” I pleaded.
“There’s plenty other dorks that’ll listen to you” He cut me off angrily.
“You know I don’t think that”
“Everyone does!”
“I don’t and I know that Zak, Zoe and Kris definitely don’t”
“Gaby does!”
“She just was just angry Elliot” It wasn’t till then I noticed that Gaby and Zoe had moved into the kitchen and I swear they were listening to me. They both look so uncomfortable with each other. I got on with Zoe or I thought I did but she was getting involved when she really didn’t need to and Gaby is like my best friend here, I know we had an argument but everyone says things they don’t mean when they’re angry.
“You still repeated it!” Elliot said, after taking some time thinking about what to say.
“Elliot, if I thought that do you really think I would I have kissed you?”
“Probably” He snapped.
“Would I have –“ I could hear Gaby snigger in the kitchen.
“Maybe” He snapped.
“I don’t believe you think that! I like you! You’re sweet and smart and definitely not a dork! You’re different!! That’s what I like about you but if you think I’m using you ..” I was in the middle of my rant when the door opened and Elliot kissed me.
“I wasn’t expecting that” I smiled. I could feel Zoe and Gaby properly staring at us now but I honestly don’t care.
“Aww! Dork and Dorkier” Gaby smiled making me laugh too.
“Who’s Who?” Elliot asked. Must be me. At least he can watch a full episode of Dr Who. Gaby just smiled, not wanting to cause anymore arguments.
“Oh!” i said suddenly realising. “Are you still coming with me tomorrow?”
He gave me a confused look. He obviously didn’t remember but I really didn’t want to say it. Gaby shot him a look and it looked like it clicked. It didn’t bother me that he didn’t remember that just meant he was treating me any differently because of what had happened. I kept thinking about how things would be different if Becky hadn’t died; Natalie would still be here meaning Justin wouldn’t have threatened me, It also probably meant me and Elliot wouldn’t have gotten closer but nothing could be changed.
Elliot nodded. “When do we leave?”
“I need to be at Alyson’s flat at 10 for the removal men and then we need to get the bus at 12 then the train at 1”
“Okay” Elliot said, unsure about whether he could smile. “How long will it take us to get there?”
“Around 4 hours on the train” I said. “Then another hour in the car” Everyone was always the same when I spoke about Becky or my parents. Complete Silence.
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:20 am

Natalie's POV

I’m sat on a train, my face still bruised. I’m sat next to some old dear. She keeps looking at me. At my face.
“I walked into a lampost……….I’m a student. You can figure it out” I lied. She rolled her eyes at me. I took my pink ipod out of my bag & smiled. It was covered in silver marker.~JB4NC 4EVA&EVA~and a heart, with swirls all over it. I put my headphones in, and closed my eyes. It carried on playing from where I was.

“Just wanna hear what you've got to say
Are you feeling the same
'Cause I'm not okay
Thought when we met there was something more
But the others said no - they shut the door

Out of the blue
They said we couldn't be together
I have to get over you
We've been given no choice,
We have no voice

Out of the blue
We should have been together
Don't wanna get over you
When love makes a choice, it has a voice
Out of the blue”

And it made me think…..what am I so cut up about? I don’t love him. I REALLY like him, but I don’t love him…..I don’t think I even know what love is…..But I do care for him. But it’s too late. I said THAT, and he’s with Katy. Im going to go home, have a think, let the dust settle, and take life as it comes from there J

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Walking through the village, I walk through the ally and start to walk past Evissa, looking at the floor, wheeling my suitcase when I bump someone and drop my bag and everything fell out
“Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going” I mutter
“No…..my fault”he leant down a helped me pick to my things
“Thanks” I look up. He looks at me. It’s Justin
“Was that me?”
“It’s not as bad as it looks” I look away from him, snatching my stuff from his hands and hurrying off
“I’m sorry” he called. “It was stupid. I didn’t mean to do it. I wouldn’t…..its just-”
“No…I’m sorry.(I turned around)its my fault. I was a complete bitch. I shouldn’t have said it. I didn’t mean it” I turned back around and started walking away again, but he ran after me and stood in front of me.
“Can we talk?…..get a coffee in Gnosh?” I looked at the floor
“I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’m sorry” I walked past him
“Natalie….Natalie come back. We need to sort this out”I stopped and slowly turned around
“There’s nothing to sort. were both sorry. It’s sorted”I hurried off again
“Natalie…..Natalie?”

I get to the front door at halls. I’d been gone almost a week. Were they expecting me back? What had Kris said? How was Lorna coping? I put my key in the door, and opened it. Everyone was sat around watching TV. Looked like Team America. There were 2 people I didn’t recognise. I wheeled my suitcase in and shut the door, and everyone turned and looked at me.
“NATALIE!” Gaby shrieked, leaping off Kris‘, accidentally kneeing him “where it hurts”, and onto her feet.
“OW! OW! OW!” Gaby hopped. I smiled
“You okay?” I put my arm around her to keep her up, and guided her to the sofa. Lorna gets up and gives me a hug.
“Where have you been?” she asked
“I just had to go home for a few days. How have you been?”
“Fine” she half smiled. Kris was curled up
“Are you okay Kris?” I asked. He waves at me, and I giggle. Elliot comes up to me.
“It’s good to have you back” he grinned
“It’s good to be back” I smile. The guy I don’t know comes up to me.
“Hi. I’m Zak, and this is Zoe” he gestures to a pretty girl behind him.
“Hi” she smiles
“Hi” I flick my fringe out of my eye. Their faces change. Oh no. My eye.
“What happened?” Zak asked. I went to open my mouth and make something up
“Justin happened” Gaby quickly said
“Gaby!” I hissed
“Justin did this?” Zak asked
“It was an accident” I whispered
“Yeah…..if you call an accident on purpose!” Gaby said sarcastically
“GABY!”I said, slightly louder
“What?” she shrugged. “Are you okay Kris?”
“Well lets just say…..thanks to you…..I hope you don’t want kids”
“Awww! Kris!” she got up and hopped her way over to him. I feel really awkward. Their all looking.
“I’m going to unpack” I say chirpily, finally breaking the silence

*Knock*

I’m still in my room. Was that the front door? I get up and open my door, and stand in the doorway. I hear Zoe talking.
“Katy? When did you get back?”
“About a week ago”
“Are you here to stay or…..are you here to see Zak?”
“Actually, I was wondering if Natalie was here?” she asked. Zak walked past me, headphones in his ears
“Uh, yeah. Come in. NATALIE?!” Zoe called. “Does Zak know you’re here?”
“No…..he’s not here is he?”
“Yeah…..he’s in his room.” I slowly walk up the hall. Zak stops. So do I.
“Katy…..You back?…..When did you get back? How long are you back for?”
“I’m sorry Zak. I’m here to see Natalie” she looked at the floor. I took a few more steps forward, hoping they couldn’t see me.
“Natalie…..can we talk?” she asked
“Uh…yeah”
“In private?”
“Yeah…..my rooms down the hall” she followed me down, and sat on my bed. She looked around and smiled.
“What?” I asked, not being a bitch
“This used to be my room…..feels weird being back.”
“What did you want Katy?” I asked bluntly
“I’ve just seen Justin. He’s really upset. He doesn’t understand what went wrong”
“So why are you here?” I asked
“Because I care about him. I don’t like seeing him like this”
“He hurt me.” Katy looked confused
“Me and Justin aren’t together, if that’s what your getting at? I mean, we were, but…..I couldn’t deal with the fact he had Charlie” I think she saw me looking confused.
“I went off with Zak” she said quickly. I suddenly felt really bad
“Me and Justin…..there could never be anything else. Not now…..The point is…..he‘s really sorry for hitting you…..he wasn‘t when it was Clare…..not until it was too late”
“Who’s Clare?” I asked
“Didn’t he tell you?”Katy looked shocked
“Tell me what?” I laughed nervously
“He pushed her off a balcony. He tried to kill her” she looked at the floor. My jaw dropped.
“Why?” I whispered. Katy took a deep breath
“Clare wasn’t right….in the head. She manipulated everyone. Tired to kill Max Cunningham-the guy who owns MOBS-they were married. She married him for his money. She poisoned his little brother and made Louise have an abortion-she owns Evissa & The Loft with Warren, my brother. When she was married to max, she split him and his best mate of 10 years up, and constantly cheated on him. Justin’s sister Mel was seeing his mate, and caught her on CCTV sleeping with Louise’s ex-husband Sean. (she gulped saying his name) Then…..then his other sister, Sophie, Mel’s twin…her ex was a rapist. She got him put away. He escaped from hospital and blew up the dog, and Mel and Sophie were in there, and they died. Justin lost everything. Anyway. We were going to run away together, but we had no money so he went to loft to get some. Clare was being so horrible. Winding OB up about Mel……found it funny Sophie died to…..“2 for the price of one”” she whispered the last bit
“And?” I asked, shocked
“He hung around until the club closed-Clare owned it then-and pushed her off the balcony…..she found out it was him and so she kidnapped me to get back at him…..everything unfolded and she drove us off a cliff into water…..she drowned…..” he eyes had filled up
“How come you didn’t get away?” I asked
“Warren ran him over” I must have looked confused because she smiled slightly
“It’s a long story. But this is about Warren, or that. Justin feels so bad. Can’t you talk to him?” I looked away from her
“I don’t know…..he never told me about any of that…..if he wanted to talk he’d be here not you…..did he send you here?” I asked
“No. He doesn’t know I’m here.”
“Well maybe you should go before he figures it out” she stood up and walked over to the door, and the door to see Zak with his hand raised, clearly about to knock.
“Katy”
“Zak”
“Can we talk, like? Nothing serious, just a catch up? In the SU Bar?” he asked
“I don’t know…..”
“one drink. I’ll buy?”
“You better snap that offer up Miss Foxy, cuz you know he wont be making an offer like that again!” katy smiled.
“Shut up Kris. Come on. One drink!” she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 am

Gaby's POV | PART ONE

The day was boring already. I went to the hospital this morning for a check up, and nothing interesting has happened since. Yes, Natalie’s back, and that does make me very happy.. But she disappeared into her room almost instantly and hasn’t been out since. Her eye looked awful as well. So swollen and purple.
“Watch where your going!” Zoë shouted, almost spilling hot tea on me. I raised my eyebrows. I wasn’t even the one walking. I was leaning against the kitchen counter reading a magazine. I laughed and she gave me a dirty look before walking down to her room. I hopped over to the fridge and got the milkshake out.
“Still obsessed with that stuff then?” Natalie asked from behind me. I turned around and smiled.
“Obviously.” I said, putting it down and giving her a hug. “Why the hell didn’t you answer my calls or text me back?!” I snapped, pushing her away now.
“Hey!” She said, putting on a fake sad face.
“Sorry.” I muttered, “But do you know how worried I’ve been? And that’s nothing compared to Lorna! Kris wouldn’t tell me where you’d gone, Justin went bonkers-”
“Justin went – what?” She asked confused.
“Bonkers.”
“Bonkers how, exactly?” She sat on a stool and looked lost in thought.
“He came in and started demanding where you were.. And he threw a rubber duck!” I said, acting horrified. She started laughing.
“A rubber duck?”
“Not just any rubber duck! The massive green one!” I pointed to the giant rubber duck sat on the kitchen shelf. “Anyway, back to seriousness – and that did actually happen, by the way – he started threatening Lorna and being really rough with her.”
“Really?” She asked, looking upset and frightened.
“Yes.”
She wasn’t expecting any of this. I could tell she was just more worried than before now. Her eyes weren’t focusing on anything, it was like they’d hazed over.
“Good job I'll never go back out with him again, eh?” She said, smiling You could tell she was faking it. The look in her eyes made it obvious. She suddenly stood up and walked silently through to her room. I stayed where I was for a minute, just staring at the place she’d left. I picked up Heat and walked through to the sitting room.

“We’re going to London-” I started singing.
“To buy a heat magazine.” Lorna finished, laughing at me.
“Errrmmm.. Hi.” I said, smiling.
“Carry on.” She encouraged me.
“No way!” I said quickly. She smiled and got a strawberry milkshake out of the fridge.
“We need to get some chocolate milkshake now that Natalie’s back.” Lorna said, throwing her now empty bottle in the bin.
“You sound like her being back is a bad thing.”
“Money-wise.. It is.” She said, laughing. She picked up some money from the side. “Back soon.”
“Whose is that?” I asked, laughing. She shrugged and walked out of the front door. Great. Alone – again. In the lovely, boring flat.

-

This day has got to have been the most boring day in the world. There is actually nothing to do! No lectures, no work, no nothing! Natalie’s shut herself in her room, Lorna’s disappeared, Kris is.. Somewhere unknown, Zak’s off with that Katy girl and Elliot’s probably out alien hunting somewhere.
“With that frown on your face nobody will ever like you.” Zoë commented, walking smugly into the room.
“Oh my God!” I said, in a fake horrified voice. “Zoë, your growing another nose!” I said, pointing. She opened her mouth in shock, “Oh, sorry.. Just a spot.” I said, smiling and hopping away.
“Real mature.” She said sarcastically.
“Cheers.” I muttered.
“Finished with Kris yet?” She asked, before I got to the hallway.
“No..? Why would I?”
“Because you don’t love him.” She told me, matter-of-factly.
“You know nothing.” I said, rolling my eyes.
“Mm hmm.” She muttered.
“Well at least I’m not shacking up with a man old enough to be my father!” I snapped, narrowing my eyes.
“Age doesn’t matter.”
“No, not when they bring up a child that has a baby at the age of 16 and another who thinks she’s the best. Good luck having children with him!” I gave her a fake smile.
“You B-” She started but Kris walked in through the front door.

“Good afternoon ladies.” He smiled, then saw the looks on our faces and stopped. “Uh Oh.” He muttered. I shook my head angrily at Zoë and finally started hopping towards my room.
“Gaby!” Kris called after me.
“Yeah, go on Kris, go after her!” Zoe yelled. He did come after me. I’m really glad he did. I wouldn’t have cared if he had stayed with Zoe, but the fact that he came to see me...
“Gaby.” He said, quieter now he was close to me. He put a hand on my arm when we were just outside my room. “Are you alright?”
“Yeah.” I said, smiling. “Just Zoë.”
He leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips. I walked into my room, with him close behind, and shut the door. I lay down on my bed and sighed. Kris laughed at me under his breath and then he held my hand.
“So what happened this time?” He asked, kissing my fingers before sitting on the bed next to me.
“Same old, same old.” I muttered, just as my phone started going off. I sat up. It was on my desk. “Can you get that for me please?” I asked Kris, smiling. He dropped my hand and picked my phone up.
“Hospital?” He asked, confused, before throwing my phone at me. I caught it – luckily – and slid it open.

“Hello?” I said, hesitantly.
“Hello, is this Gabrielle Lawson?” A woman’s voice replied.
“It is.”
“Hi, it’s Helen from the Fracture Clinic.”
“Right..” I muttered, confused.
“It seems there’s been a slight mix up.” She started. I felt myself become even more confused. “When you came for your x-ray this morning the doctors noticed something.” She said, apologetically. “It seems your ankle was never broken.”
“Huh?!” I asked, very confused...
“You only had a bad sprain.” She said, “I’m so sorry for the mix up.”
“But – I saw the x-ray!”
“We were having computer problems the day you came in, and a few files got mixed up.”
“Why didn’t anyone say anything this morning?” I asked, getting frustrated now. If they’re telling me I’ve had this stupid, bloody cast on for no reason... I'll sue!
“The doctors looked at the x-ray after you left.” She told me.
“This is –” I tried to think of a word. “Very annoying.”
“I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.” She said, apologetically. “Would you like to come in later today to have your cast taken off?”
“Yes! Please!” I snapped.
“How about 2:30?”
“I'll be there.” I said, before hanging up the phone. I don’t care if that was rude. I’ve just wasted 2 weeks of my life walking around with a huge cast on when I didn’t need to! I thought my ankle didn’t feel half as bad as it should have..

“What was that about?” Kris asked when I chucked my crutches angrily at the door.
“I didn’t flipping need this cast!” I said, angrily. He looked at me, puzzled. “My ankle was never broken.” I snapped. I was so angry I felt like crying.
“You’re kidding!” He said, shocked.
“They sent me the wrong x-ray or something. Computer problems my ass!” I was so frustrated it was horrible. I hit my pillow hard.
“What was wrong with it then?” He asked.
“Bad sprain.” I muttered, “So I'll probably still need a bandage and at least one crutch for another week, or so.. But still!” I frowned. “This isn’t fair.”
“When are you getting your cast off?”
“2:30.” I said, looking at the clock. Only 45 minutes away. “So, I’m getting on the bus in about 20 minutes.”
“I'll drive you.” He said, smiling.
“One, I didn’t know you could drive. Two, what’s the point? And Three, you don’t have a car.. do you?” I asked, confused.
“No.. But you do.” He reminded me.
“Shhh! I don’t.. Remember?” I said, looking around suspiciously. He laughed.
“Come on.” He smiled.
“No way! I’m not telling you which is my car for two reasons. Firstly, because I know you’ll end up taking it without asking me. I’m not stupid! Secondly, because knowing you, you’ll get it dirty and right rude words all over it. NOT FUNNY! Oh and another reason, when you’re in one of your moods, knowing you you’ll rat on me!” I said, sadly.
“I wouldn’t!” He said, shocked.
“You so would!” I said as he continued to shake his head. “Let’s just get the bus..”
“But I want to see what car you have!”
“Take my keys one day, click the button, and see which one unlocks, yeah?” I said, smiling.
“You know I will.” He said, laughing.
“I’m starting to wish I hadn’t said that now.” I said quietly. He leaned in, like he was going to kiss me but the quickly shot his hand onto my bedside table and I heard a soft tingle as he whipped my keys into his jacket pocket.
“No!!!” I said, complaining. “This isn’t fair!”
“You said I could.”
I was kidding!” I told him, trying to get my keys out of his pocket. It wasn’t going to happen. Kris might be weak, but he was definitely stronger than me. “Fine. We can take my car..” I said, sadly. He smiled. “Promise me you’ll never take it without asking.”
“Sure thing.” He said, kissing me. I pulled away.
“No kisses for bullies.” I said, standing up and heading over to my wardrobe. “Seen my beige boots anywhere?” I asked, rummaging through my hundreds of pairs of shoes.
“You can’t wear boots.” He said, laughing.
“I can wear boot.” I said, putting emphasis on the t.
“No I haven’t.” He said, walking over to help.
“Oh who cares!” I said slamming my wardrobe door shut and put my left black dolly shoe on and held the right one in my hand.
“Calm down.” Kris took the shoe from my hand.
“I’m just so annoyed. Stupid hospital!!” I said angrily. He laughed and kissed me romantically on the lips.

-

Apparently my ankle wasn’t even sprained enough to have crutches! It still hurt as well. As we were walking out of the hospital (the doctors refused to let me keep the crutches. It was ‘against hospital regulations’) Kris had to support half my weight. I had an ankle support bandage on for my sprain.. That’s it. I’m starting to wish I did have a cast, only because it was a lot let painful.
“At least it isn’t swollen now.” Kris said, laughing as we stepped into my car. He was still amazed by it. He thought it was too good for me. I don’t think he understands that to me it’s just a silver car. To him it’s a Dodge Neon...? Even though that’s what my car is, I still wouldn’t know what someone was talking about if it came up in a conversation.
“Careful!” I said, as Kris stopped extremely close up behind another car at the traffic lights.
“What?”
“Don’t harm my lovely car.” I looked around, smiling.
“I won’t.” He laughed, driving into the halls carpark

-

CONTINUED
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 am

PART TWO

“Ow!” I said when I tried to put weight on my ankle. Kris put his arm around me and helped me up the stairs. “It’s no use.” I muttered softly, when we both realised there were 2 more flights left. “Just leave me here to die.”
“Okay.” He said, letting go of me and walking up a few steps.
“I wasn’t being serious!” I said loudly. He stopped and walked down the steps he’d climbed.
“Get on my back.” He said, turning round.
“Kris, you’re forgetting the fact that I cannot jump with one foot.” I said, smiling. He went down two steps below me and turned around, waiting. “I weigh a ton.”
“You’re the lightest person I know.”
“Natalie weighs less than I do!” I replied.
“Just get on my back!” He snapped. I put my hands on his shoulders and swung my legs round his waist – ignoring the pain. “How much do you even weigh?” He asked.
“Bit personal, Kris..”
“It can’t be much.”
“Don’t push your luck.” I muttered.
“What’s up?” He asked, laughing.
“I’m just a bit self conscious about my weight.”
“But you weigh nothing!” He said as we reached the top of the next flight of stairs.
“I weigh something.”
“A whole 5st?” He said, laughing.
“You think I’m 5st?! Oh god! I need to get slimmer. I’m only 4!” I said, sarcastically.
“Seriously, how much do you weigh?”
“Kris-”
“Tell me and I'll shut up.”
“8st 6.” I muttered, burying my head in his shoulder.
“That’s nothing!” He said, laughing.
“I’d rather be like... That blonde one Natalie was talking to the other day. Hannah – was it?”
“Hannah Ashworth?” Kris asked, shocked. “She was anorexic.”
“Really?” I asked, my eyes widened in shock. She seemed so.. different.
“Home.” He said, stopping outside out flat. I hopped down.
“Cheers for the lift, ass.” I said, smiling and putting my hand on the door handle. I held my other out, palm up. “Keys.” I said, waiting for them.
“The doors unlocked.” Kris told me.
“I want my car keys now.” I said, smiling kindly.
“Fine..” He muttered, giving them to me unwillingly.

“We’re back.” I called through the house as I hung my coat up on the hook. “Not that any of them even noticed we’d gone.” I muttered afterwards. Kris smiled and walked straight through to the sitting room, putting the tv on. I rolled my eyes and tried to walk. It was painful, and I think I just looked stupid, but it was necessary. The doctor said some of the pain could just be from stiffness as I haven’t used my ankle in nearly 3 weeks. I walked down towards my bedroom but stopped as Natalie’s door opened.
“Hey.” She said, smiling. Then she looked at me up and down. “Something’s different..” She muttered to herself.
“Think Natalie! What could it be?” I said, smiling at her. She took a few moments thinking before she gasped and pointed excitedly to my foot.
“No cast! But – why?” She asked, laughing.
“Long story. I'll explain later.” I told her, going to open my door.
“Anyone want to go for drinks?” I heard Kris shout from the sitting room.
“But I just got upstairs.” I complained, starting to be slightly annoyed. So he carried me up here for no reason?
“Come on.” He was begging now. I looked at Natalie.
“I'll go if you go.” I smiled and she looked at the floor.
“I don’t know.” She said quietly. I know why she doesn’t want to go out. Last time Becky died, and she blamed herself for that. Plus she has the worlds worst black eye and I’m pretty sure she’ll think people will stare.
“One drink?” I asked, hopefully.
“Ok then. But only one.” She said, walking back into her room. Excellent!

-

I looked once again in the mirror. I suppose I didn’t look too bad. My ankle was slightly bigger due to my bandage, but the black tights I was wearing covered most of it up. My blue, knee length dress fluttered nicely around my sides, so it didn’t look like it would be difficult to walk even with a bad foot. I slipped my white flats on and sat at my makeup table. Normal, wild or dressy?
When I’d finished make makeup (after deciding I was just going to go looking normal) I curled my hair and pulled my fringe back. I clipped it in place and limped out of my room. I pulled the door shut behind me and got my dress caught in it.
“Stupid-” I muttered to myself as I opened and closed it again. I turned around and saw Kris smiling at me.
“Wow.” He whispered, only just audible.
“That’s it? Just ‘Wow’?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.
“You look-” He stopped to think of a word.
“Beautiful? Dazzling? Sexy? Fat..?” I said the last one quietly.
“Fat! That’s the one.” He said, sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. “I was going to say fantastic, but beautiful, dazzling and sexy work too.” He put his arms around me and kissed me.
“Ooh. Not interrupting something, am I?” Lorna said, walking through the front door.
“Nope.” I said, pulling away from Kris and just holding his hand instead. “We’re going for a drink. Want to come?” I asked Lorna.
“Oh my God! Your cast!” She said, smiling and pointing.
“Long story.” I said, as she looked like she was going to ask why it was taken off early. “I could tell you over a drink?”
“Is Natalie coming?”
“Yeah.” I smiled. She shrugged.
“I have some notes to write out from my lecture.” She muttered, walking down to her room.
“Do it later.”
“No.” She said, shaking her head.
“Please come!” I begged.
“I can’t.”
“Why not?” Me and Kris both said at the same time.
“It’s.. important. I'll have forgotten why I wrote things later.” She said, shrugging and walking away.
“Boring.” I muttered to myself.

-

“Natalie! Hurry up!” I knocked on her door and walked in. She was sat at her desk masking her face with foundation and concealor.
“It just won’t budge!” She complained, looking like she was about to cry. I wanted to feel sympathetic, but it was hard when I’d been waiting for her for almost half an hour.
“You look fine.” I told her, “You can hardly see it.”
“You’re lying.” She said. I wasn’t really. It just looked like she’d done her makeup badly, not that it was a bruise.
“Come on Natalie! The pub will be dark, no one’s going to be looking at your bruise! Anyway, your fringe covers it up enough.” I shrugged, and tugged at her arm.
“I’m not coming.” She said, putting her concealor down angrily.
“What? No!” I whined, giving a small fake sob. “You have to!”
“I can’t go out like this.” She put her head on her desk. I sighed and let go of her arm.
“Fine! Don’t come.” I said, “We’ll have fun without you!”
“You do that.”
“Well, if you’re not coming, could you please find out what’s wrong with Lorna? She didn’t seem right..”
“Will do.” She said as I walked out the door.

“I’m not going out.” I said as I met Kris at the end of the hall.
“What? Why?” Kris asked, sighing angrily.
“Because Lorna and Natalie both won’t come out!” I told him sadly.
“Why won’t Natalie come out?”
“Her bruise is too noticeable. I wouldn’t go out if I was her either..” I shrugged. He rolled his eyes.
“We can still go out.” He told me. I sighed and leaned up against the counter.
“It’ll be boring.” I muttered. He pretended to be hurt by that comment.
“Think of it as that date I promised you a few weeks ago.” He smiled. I sighed and picked up my bag.
“Fine.” I said, jumping onto the counter. He gave me a look and a smiled. “You don’t honestly think I'll be able to go down those stairs again, do you? Turn around!” I said, smiling. He laughed and span round so I could get on his back.
“Run like the wind, bullseye!” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning my head against his shoulder.

-

“Didn’t I say one drink?” I asked as I finished my third. Kris laughed and pushed the pen and paper towards me again.
“Don’t change the topic! Please?” He asked, smiling. I laughed and pushed the paper back to him.
“No.” I said, chucking the pen across the room. He laughed.
“Just one song?”
“I’m not singing on Karaoke!” I snapped, but laughed at the same time.
“Why not?”
“I can’t sing.” I told him.
“Please?!” He was begging.
“I'll sing after you.”
“Ok then.” He said, standing up.
“I was kidding!” I said, “I’m not singing.”
“You haven’t even given me a reason.” He said, obviously irritated.
“Ok, I’m tired and only came here for one drink.” I said, smiling. “And I’ve stayed for 3 instead.”
“So you want to go home?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.
“Yes please.” I nodded, pushing my glass away and standing up. My ankle was already feeling a bit better. Still sore, but less stiff. I could walk on it now.
Once we were out in the open air, Kris walked me over to the river and I leaned over the railings to look in. He stood behind me, his hands next to mine on the railings and his lips slowly kissing my neck. I placed my hands on top of his and watched the stream of water pass, calm and delicately.
“I love you.” He suddenly said, his voice strong in my ear. I felt my heart pick up pace and my legs turned to jelly. I needed to say it back, but I couldn’t. My brain wasn’t responding. I was so.. Happy. I turned around to face him – the biggest smile on my face. I leaned forward and kissed him. He kissed back, strongly, powerfully, lovingly.. It was all I could do at the moment to get my brain to work. It was like my brain didn’t understand the words. I pulled away from the best kiss - by far – in my life. I kept my hands on his shoulders, knowing that we’d be kissing again in a minute, and took a deep breath.
“I love you too.” I said. He smiled and kissed me again, so passionate and intense... “Wow..” I breathed out heavily when he pulled away. He kissed my cheek and then held my hand, pulling me back towards halls. We walked – well I still limped, but not as bad anymore – quietly back towards halls. The night was perfect. Cloudless, warm and now it was happy.
“Can you believe it’s only been 3 weeks?” I asked, looking up at the sky.
“No. I wish it had been longer.” He replied.
“I just can’t believe how much has happened in such a short time.”
“I know.” He said, kind of sadly.
“Too much.” I added.
“Let’s not talk about this now.”
“Why?” I asked, confused.
“Just – don’t.” He smiled at me. I went silent. “I didn’t mean don’t talk.” He said, nudging me.
“Sorry.” I shrugged, not really sure what I should say.
“It’s ok.”

We walked back in silence. Kris didn’t seem right. He was acting much more awkward and – just strange I suppose. I hopped on his back again so he could take me upstairs (only because he insisted as my limping had gotten worse on the way back) and he put me down at the door without a word. I opened the door and he walked in quickly. I waited, wondering if he was going to explain his behaviour. When he didn’t, I just walked through and yawned.
“I think I'll go to bed.” I said, kissing him softly on the lips.
“Already? It’s only 11.” He said, looking at the clock. “But I suppose if you want to leave me all alone...”
“Don’t make me feel guilty.” I said, laughing. I leaned up against him and he held me tight. I looked up and kissed him again. It was like the kiss we shared at the pub, intimate, romantic.. He held me tighter and I gripped onto him, pulling him closer. It was nice. Way better than anything we’ve ever done before. I pulled away and took his hand, dragging him down to my room. He followed, willingly. I was certain that I was ready, and I know he must be too or he’d have stopped by now. Time to make everything change, for better or for worse.

-

Last night was the best night of my life. I just didn’t want it to ever end. My head was lying against his chest at gone 1 in the morning, and I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t want to sleep. Once my eyes closed the day would end and a new one would begin, and I wasn’t sure if I was ready for that. He breathed in and out heavily and I was sure he was awake too, but I didn’t want to say anything. I was scared I’d ruin the peace...
Within seconds – or so it seemed – the sun was shining in my eyes and I was alone in my bed. I sat up and brushed my hair back, my eyelids heavy and closing again, but I forced them to stay open. I looked on the floor and saw a note.

Don’t move! At my lecture. Be back at 12. x

I laughed and rolled my eyes. How can he expect me to not move? I looked at the time. 11:10am. That means he left only 20 minutes ago and he won’t be back for at least an hour... So I’m going to have a shower! I sat up and realised i was lying on something. I looked at it confused. A bear? Well, it wasn't mine! Why had Kris brought a teddy bear through here? Huh. Still, it was kind of cute. I sighed and picked up 2 towels and before heading out of my room and into the bathroom.
“Someone had a good night.” Lorna laughed.
“Someone’s nosey.” I retorted.
“Charming!”
“I know, aren’t I?” I smiled, the towel wrapped tight around me.
“What happened then?” She asked.
“I thought you knew...”
“I do, but it’s nice to hear it from you.” She laughed.
“I need a shower before he gets back, so don’t say you saw me.”
“My lips are sealed.” She replied, slipping back into Dorks room, sorry, Elliot’s.
I quickly jumped into the shower; shaved my legs; washed my hair then got out; I dried it; got changed; quickly do my make-up; then lay on my bed, reading a magazine. The front door opened, then closed. Kris had returned!

My bedroom door opened.
“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” I asked, narrowing my eyes.
“Haven’t you ever heard of not moving?” He said in the exact same way. I smiled.
“You can’t expect me to not move.” I said, smiling.
“I don’t really care.” He said, walking over to me and sitting next to me. He kissed me and took a grape from my desk. I laughed. “You ok?” He asked, watching me read Heat.
“Great.” I said, smiling. I put the magazine down. “You?”
“Fantastic now.” He said, kissing my forehead and standing up.
“Where are you going?”
“I’m not staying here forever.” He laughed.
“Oh..” I said, settling back down and picking my magazine up again. "I love your bear, by the way." I said, winking. He laughed. "What's he called?"
"Bobblesten." He replied.
"Well, that's a strange name."
"I was six!" He defended himself.
"Whatever!" I said laughing, "You can go now."
“See you later.” He smiled, and walked out of my room. Not long after he left, Lorna danced into my room and sat on my bed.
“I’m not telling you anything.” I said, without even looking at her. She sighed and shook her head.
“I wasn’t going to say that..” She muttered.
“What then?” I asked, putting my magazine down.
“Will you come with me and Elliot to the funeral tomorrow?” She asked. I paused. I didn’t know what to say.
“Of course.” I said, giving her a hug.
“Thanks. We’re leaving at 2.”
“Ok. I'll be ready.” I said as she left my room. I was suddenly nervous. I’d been to a few funerals before, but never a child’s.. let alone a baby’s. A baby I’d never even met. It’s going to be so hard. Not for me, for Lorna and Alyson. I don’t know how they can act so normal. I’d have broken down by now. I don’t fit in with these, but I have to go... For Lorna.

Last edited by Gabrielle.x on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:00 am

Lorna's POV

“HURRY UP LORNA!” Kris said banging on the door for the three hundredth time. “Some of us have lectures to go to!!” I stood there looking into the bathroom mirror. I think everything’s in my bag: Toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, all the other things. I glanced at my watch, it’s only half 10!
“I have twenty minutes!” Kris shouted, continuing to bang on the door. I know I’ll have forgotten something! I’ll get to the station and scream jammies in the middle of a busy train. Oh, jammies! I opened the bathroom door and Kris nearly chapped me instead of the door.
“15 minutes Lorna!”
“Not like I’m spending as long in there as you do!” I snapped back jokingly walking into my bedroom. The bathroom door slammed with the noise of the lock shortly following. I dumped my toilet bag back onto the bed and started raking through my drawers. I could so do with going and washing clothes again! Jammies! I threw them backwards and they missed my bed.
“Alright?” Zak asked suddenly appearing in my room bending down and picked up my jammies and sat them on the bed.
I nodded and faked a smile. “Thanks! Where have you been? Zoe was looking for you about 15 minutes ago” I glanced at my watch; I really need to hurry up. “Just back from lectures” He sighed. “Essay already!”
I started to laugh. “Thanks!” He said sarcastically.
“Looking for sympathy?” I smiled.
“Yeah!” He said. “Want a hand?” He asked since I was still raking through my drawer.
“I can’t find my favourite socks!” I whined.
“Favourite socks?” He smirked as if he was trying not to laugh.
“I don’t like tea! Dr Who scares me! And I have a favourite pair of socks, Okay?”
He smirked and nodded at the same time. “What they like?”
“Blue with cupcakes on them. Why?”
“Cause they’re here” He said walking over to my bag and lifting them out.
“I’m an idiot!”
“I’m saying nothing” Zak said as he put the socks back in the bag.
“Thanks” I smiled.
“Need a hand with anything else?”
“I think I’ve got everything” I sighed, sticking my toilet bag in my big bag and zipping it up.
“Okay” Zak sighed.
“Putting off the essay?” I smiled. He nodded guiltily.
“Elliot’s at a lecture. Natalie’s out somewhere. Zoe’s out somewhere. Gaby’s in her bed, I don’t think Kris would be happy if I joined her in there” Zak stopped and smiled as he’d made me laugh. “And Kris is in the shower and I’m scared that if I was in there with him he’d like it too much” I giggled again. “You’re my only hope!”
“Sorry” I sighed, “I have to get things sorted for later” I paused. “And tomorrow”
“Oh” He said. Now I’d made him feel awkward! “I’ll leave you to it then” He stood up and walked towards the door.
“Have you seen Gaby?” I asked causing him to stop.
“I just told you!” He laughed. “She’s still in bed!”
“Sorry. I was listening!” I said. He just nodded and went into his room. Now I feel bad but my head is just so messed up!

--

“Lorna it’s quarter to twelve” Elliot said causing me to jump. I’d been in my room by myself for ages. On the phone. Checking train times and things.
“Oh!!” I said panicked, jumping off of my bed and going straight for my wardrobe to get shoes. “I’d forgotten about the removal people!”
“How long will you be?”
“I don’t think I’ll be long” I said hopefully. “Are you ready to go?”
“My things are ready” He said. “Are you?” I pointed over to my bag.
“Can you check Gaby’s things are ready?”
“Why?” Elliot said sounding panicked. I knew this would happen.
“Because I invited her to come”
“Why?”
“Because I wanted her to be there”
“Why?”
“Elliot will you just go and ask!” I snapped.
“Fine” He sighed.
“Thank you” I mumbled. I lifted my iPod and phone off of the table and walked out of my bedroom and up the corridor.
“Lorna” I turned to see who was talking, Gaby. “Do you want me to come with you?”
I shook my head. “I’ll be okay”
“Oh Okay” Gaby said.
“Thanks” I smiled before turning and going back down the corridor again this time lifting my purse off of the table before I went. Milkshake!

--

“Miss, I think that’s us done” The removal man said. It was the first time this one had spoken to me. There were 4 of them buzzing about. In and out of the flat with boxes in no time. It’d taken them just under half an hour to clear the flat. He was so fit compared to the other 3 – fat, bald guys – he had gorgeous eyes, a gorgeous smile, a gorgeous accent!
“Miss?” He said, waving his hand in front of my face. Oops.
“Sorry. Thanks” I smiled.
“If you could just check the rooms again for us”
“Of course” I smiled walking down the corridor. It really is a good job I’m away from him. I walked down the hall of the flat. It was like halls but smaller, much smaller. The kitchen and sitting area were in the same room and the hall lead down a narrow corridor but instead of the like 7 that were in halls there were only 2 bedrooms at either side of the small hall and then a bathroom at the end. I went into the bedroom on the left first. Completely empty. I opened up the mirrored wardrobes and they were completely empty too. I crossed the corridor and into the other bedroom. This room was exactly the same except things like the window; wardrobes and door were on the opposite side of the room. This room was empty too. I slid opened the wardrobe door to see 3 things sitting on the floor. Becky’s buggy, Dolly – Becky’s favourite toy and an outfit that mum and dad had gotten her – not that they ever got to meet her. Why would she leave this stuff?! Why dolly?! Becky carried her everywhere. I remember one time when I was going to Tesco and I’d to go back to get Dolly because Becky wouldn’t stop crying! Dolly came to the cinema to see Enchanted with us too. Basically she came EVERYWHERE! And the outfit, that is the only thing that mum and dad had ever bought her! How could she leave it?! A single tear dripped off of my cheek. What if things were different? If mum and dad hadn’t died? If we’d found out about the Leukaemia sooner? All things I wish would change but they won’t. Some people say everything happens for a reason but I don’t see a reason for anything that’s happened to me and Alyson in the past 3 years, any of it! You’re meant to have a long happy life before you die. 48 isn’t old enough. 3 isn’t either. Tears were still pouring out. I didn’t want to go out there and have the fit guy asking what was wrong. I pulled the buggy out of the wardrobe. The doll and outfit were already sitting in the pram. I wheeled it out of the bedroom and left it lying in the hall while I quickly checked the bathroom. Empty too. I walked up the corridor pushing the buggy up with me. The fit guy – whose name is Dave – was standing in the living area giving me an odd look. I don’t care.
“Would you like to put them in the Van?” The man asked, looking sympathetic. It must be obvious I’ve been crying.
“I’d rather keep them with me. Thank you”
“Okay” He said looking at a clipboard. “Is this the correct address miss?” The whole calling me Miss was starting to get annoying. He pointed to an address with his pen.
“That’s right” I nodded. “Thank you”
“Bye” Dave said, turning and walking towards the door.
“Wait!” I sort of shouted. “What do I do with the keys?” I stuck my hand into the pocket and brought out both keys.
“You’ll need to take them to the estate agent, Miss” He said.
“Oh” I sighed. “Thanks”
“No problem” He nodded and walked out of the door. I don’t have time to take the keys to the estate agent. We need to get the bus in around an hour. Natalie! She said this morning she was going into town later on to get her haircut. It surprised me since she’d refused to leave halls since she’d come back because of her eye. It looked awful. I don’t believe him. He seemed like such a decent guy then out of nowhere he just turned. I wasn’t going to tell Natalie what happened the morning we’d discovered she’d left; I don’t want her to get more upset about it all. I still feel awful for the arguments we’d had before she left. No one knew fully why she’d left – not even Kris – but I knew me blaming her for Becky’s death was partly the reason.

25 minutes later and I was back in Halls. After getting stared at by lots of people who must’ve thought I was completely crackers wheeling a doll about in an actually babies pram. One drunken guy sitting outside the SU asked if I knew it was a doll which sort of made me laugh. I could smell the alcohol off him from like a metre away he had definitely had too much to drink for the time of day that it was. I opened the door to halls and everyone was sitting in the living area when the door opened they all turned and looked at me, some of them trying not to laugh. I really don’t see what’s so funny. I don’t look that daft, right?
“Natalie?” I asked.
“Looney?” She said the same way I’d said her name.
“Can you please take Aly’s key into the estate agent when you’re getting your hair done later?”
“Sure” She smiled.
“Thanks” I aid. “Anyone know how to fold down a buggy?” All of them shook their heads at the same time. There’s no way I’m wheeling it about all day. I can’t phone Alyson to ask her. She wanted to leave them there and I still don’t understand why.
“You two read-“ I paused. “Where’s Elliot?”
“In his room” Gaby said, she looked like she was trying to keep a straight face.
I shouted on him twice with no answer either time. I walked down towards his room but I really couldn’t understand why they all started laughing in the living room. Football’s not funny. I opened Elliot’s bedroom door and wandered right in.
“Elli-“
“EXTERMINATE”I screamed.
“NOT FUNNY!!” I shouted. Everyone in the living room was in fits.
“It was” Elliot laughed.
“Stupid Dr Who” I snapped.
“You sound like a child!”
“I don’t care!” I snapped. He kissed me which sort of made up for it.
“We should go soon”
“I’m ready” He said. “I don’t know if she is though” I’m going to ignore the fact he just said that.
“Gaby are you nearly ready?” I shouted down the corridor.
“Yeah”
“We’re leaving in half an hour” I said.
“Okay” She said as I reached the kitchen.
“That means you’re going to have to let go off her Kris” I said. He pouted.
“Very funny” I laughed, “Tea anyone?”
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:38 am

Gaby's POV |PART ONE

The sun was way too bright. My eyes were finding it too hard to focus on my surroundings. Why do the curtains here have to be so thin? They’re not even curtains. Random white blind-things... I stretched and felt my back release a lot of tension. I love stretching in the morning. The clock on my bedside table told me it was 10 o clock. Later than I thought - but it explains why I can see the sunshine so clearly. I sat up and looked around my room. It was actually pretty tidy... for me. Then I remembered the funeral. I groaned and fell back onto my bed. I really don’t want to go! But I have to. I know something’s going to happen. Either Alyson will get extremely upset and say that I didn’t even know Becky and shouldn’t have been invited (or something) or she’ll be overly happy and too kind for comfort. This is something I don’t want. One thing I hate is when people don’t want to show their true emotions.
I yawned and got out of my bed. I stretched again when I was stood up and then looked under my bed for a bag I could take with me. I was only going for 2 nights. I don’t care how long Lorna was prepared to stay for, I wasn’t going for that long. Plus, I have a ‘beginner’s essay’ to write. I don’t really know why it’s called a beginner’s essay. It’s hardly short! 3000 words. I mean, come on!

I put my straighteners down just as the front door slammed shut. That’s either Kris returning from lectures or Lorna leaving to go to Alyson’s flat. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t have any make-up on yet. No eyeliner, foundation... Not even lip gloss! I glanced around my room. If that was Kris then he’ll be in here any second now and all my prized possessions are on my bed. By prized possessions, I mean my best clothes and shoes!
I jumped up and ran out of my room, ready to jump straight into the bathroom encase it was Kris. I look a mess, my room looks like his ideal home... Not a good pair, to be honest!
Just as I walked towards the bathroom, someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around, slightly embarrassed. I was wearing grey sweat pants, a very old t-shirt and my fringe was pushed back – badly – with a headband.
I was happy to see Elliot stood there.
“Lorna wanted me to make sure you were getting everything ready.” He told me. I sighed with relief. It was Lorna leaving.
“Pretty much.” I said, going to go back in my room. He stopped me.
“Why are you going?” He asked, a puzzled look on his face.
“I don’t really know. Lorna asked me to and if she wants me there then I'll go.” I said, shrugging. I heard the front door open again and began to panic. This time it’s definitely Kris! I was about to walk into the bathroom when Elliot spoke again! Bad timing!
“But – you could’ve said no?” He asked, confused.
“And let her down? You want your girlfriend to be betrayed by her friend?” I asked him, narrowing my eyes. What does he have against me so much?
“No. Of course not.” He muttered, just as Kris turned round the corner. I sighed and completely ignored both him and Elliot by running into my room. I closed the door and locked it quickly. I still hadn’t told Kris I was even going today! This is not good.
“What’s up with her?” Kris asked Elliot, quite casually.
“How should I know?” Elliot snapped back. I smiled and waited for the knocking.

There wasn’t any point in me locking the door. I opened it as soon as Kris said please. I suppose things were different now. Not majorly, but slightly. He didn’t even care about me make-up less. Actually, I think his attention was mainly on all the clothes on my bed.
“Is that Gucci?” He asked, obviously amazed. “Prada?!” He said, gobsmacked. I just rolled my eyes and continued applying foundation.
“Haven’t you found my-” I started to say, but he cut in.
“Louis Vuitton?!” He asked, picking up my favourite black heels.
“-collection.” I finished, smiling at him.
“Armani?” He mumbled now. I was just laughing. “How the hell did you afford these?” He asked as I stared putting my eyeliner on.
“How do you think?” I said, smiling. “I stole them.”
“What?!” He asked shocked.
“Kidding Kris. Calm down.” I smiled at him. He narrowed his eyebrows.
“If you had, would you have told me how so that I could?”
I thought about it for a minute. “No way.” I said, laughing.
He seemed to have gotten over the shock of me owning a load of designer clothes, shoes and accessories. I’m quite glad he didn’t ask how I could afford it all. It wasn’t a conversation I wanted to have with him, yet.
“I need to talk to you actually.” I said, spinning round and rolling my eyes as he picked up a new Gucci dress I’d never worn and looked at the price.
“Fifteen hundred quid?!” He asked, narrowing his eyes. “You don’t find this kind of money just lying around the house Gaby! How did you afford this?” He asked, holding it up. I took it from him carefully and set it on the bed. It was what I was wearing tomorrow at the funeral and I was not having it all creased.
“That doesn’t matter right now.” I told him. “I said I need to talk to you.” I looked at him and saw he was still concentrating more on my clothes. “Right!” I said loudly. “Your room. Now.” I said, walking out and going straight into his room. I sat down on his bed and waited for him. After 30 seconds he still hadn’t come.
“Kris! I said Now!!” I shouted. I heard him laugh and then walk into his room.
“What’s up?” He asked, sitting on the bed next to me.
“Oh, so you’re going to listen now?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. He smirked.
“You wanted to talk to me?” He lay down next to me and I turned to face him.
“I’m going with Lorna today.” I said, as I saw him looking slightly confused but more upset – although he tried to hide it.
“Really? Why?” He asked.
“She asked me, and I couldn’t exactly say no..”
“Oh ok.” He muttered, very quietly. “How long for?”
“Only a couple of days, hopefully.” I said, “I’m not staying any later than Saturday.” I smiled and he returned it.
“Want any help packing?” He asked, taking hold of my hand.
“And risk you stealing my lovely clothes?” I raised my eyebrows. “Never.” I said, laughing. I kissed him softly and then jumped up.
“So you’re ankles better than?” He said, laughing.
“Bit stiff, but walkable.” I told him, walking off into my room.

-

I checked the bathroom for a third time. I had everything I needed. I honestly didn’t even know what I needed. I was just bringing the basic stuff with me. Make-up, pyjamas, toothbrush, brush and clothes. I had a few other things, like my laptop and a couple of dvd’s. I think I’d packed my book as well. I don’t even remember.
“You’re checked in here 4 times now!” Kris said, as I walked back into my room and opened a draw.
“Yeah..” I muttered, when my book wasn’t in there. I had packed it.
“You’re ready, ok?” He said, laughing. “You have a huge bag that’s completely full, so just stop looking for more things to add into it.” He put the bag on my bed. “Why do you need so much anyway? You’re only gone for 2 days.”
“3 days, 2 nights.” I reminded him. He rolled his eyes.
“Same thing.” He said, holding out his hand for me to take – which I did – and then pulling me to sit next to him. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my head.
“Going to miss me?” I said, mockingly, although I knew I’d be missing him like crazy too.
“Miss you? Ha!” He said, laughing. I pulled out of the hug and rested my head on his shoulder. “Of course I'll miss you.” He said quietly. I laughed.
“Not so macho now then, eh?” I said, smiling at him. He kissed me - probably to shut me up. It was nice though, and it worked. It felt like a kiss he knew would be the last for a few days. Well, the last real kiss.
I made sure it lasted longer than normal. I don’t want to leave him. Especially after what’s happened recently. Knowing that he loves me... It makes my heart melt even thinking about it.
“I love you.” He said, when we both pulled away. I smiled.
“Really?” I asked, and if I could raise one eyebrow I would have.
He laughed. “I suppose you’re right. How could anyone love you?”
“Charming.” I muttered, smiling. “You know, that’s real mature.” I said sarcastically. “You know, it’s a good job I love you too! Or you’d be getting a kick right where it hurts any second now.”
He started laughing.
“Oh, so you want one anyway?” I said, smiling. He kissed me again and then stood up.
“You need to go in 5 minutes.” He reminded me.
“Don’t make me!” I complained, but stood up at the same time. He hugged me again and held my hand. I picked my bag up with the other and let him lead the way down the corridor. I dumped my bag by the glass wall and leant up against the counter next to Natalie.

“You’re going too?” She asked confused.
“No, I just packed a bag for fun.” I said sarcastically. She laughed.
“Why are you going?”
“Lorna asked me to...” I muttered as Elliot emerged from his room.
“Where’s Lorna?” He asked, looking around. “Is she back yet?”
“Nope.” Zak muttered, looking at the tv.
“Good!” Elliot smiled, I looked at him and saw everyone else in the room frown.
“Why is that good?” Kris asked, obviously thinking Elliot was being cold-hearted.
“I have a plan to cheer us and her up!”
“Hit me!” I said, smiling.
“Gladly.” Natalie replied, slapping my arm.
“Ow!” I said, loudly. I turned and gave her a look to say ‘Why did you just do that?’
“You said hit me.”
“As in tell me the plan, you nerd!” I said quietly back to her. I turned to face Elliot again. He gave me a disapproving look but continued.
“I’m going to go into my room and wait for her to come back. I’ll turn the lights off and have the alarm next to me. If you click the Darlek’s head it still shouts exterminate! So I’ll scare her!” He said, excitedly. I turned away and rolled my eyes. He’s so childish.
“I like it!” Natalie shouted, making me jump. She hadn’t experienced Lorna’s Darlek attack, so I think she was looking forward to this.
“Yeah, but you better hurry.” I said to him.
“Why?”
“Because she’s unlocking the door now!” I warned him. He ran into his room and everyone started acting naturally. Natalie read my Heat magazine, Zak turned the tv on, Kris started trying to get the control from Zak and I poured myself some milkshake. That seemed natural.
Lorna walked in 5 seconds later, pushing a pram with a doll sat in the seat. Nobody wanted to laugh, we knew it would have been Becky’s. I didn’t know what to say so I just waited for her to speak. I glanced at Natalie who looked like she wanted to let out a small laugh. I shook my head and went to sit in the living area.
“Natalie?” Lorna asked.
“Looney?” Natalie replied in the same way.
“Can you please take Aly’s key into the estate agent when you’re getting your hair done later?”
“Sure” She smiled and took the keys from her.
“Thanks.” Lorna said, looking uncomfortable now. “Anyone know how to unfold a buggy?” She asked, looking at it like it was something alien to her. We all shook our heads. Why would we know how to fold a buggy? I don’t think anyone here even knew a baby..
“You two read-” She stopped. “Where’s Elliot?”
“In his room.” I said, trying to keep a straight face. I can’t laugh! I turned away now, knowing that I’d ruin everything if I carried on looking at her.
“Elliot!” She shouted. “Elliot!” She called again when he didn’t reply. She sighed and opened his door. “Elli-”

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

She screamed and ear splitting scream. I started laughing and she looked frustrated at us.
“Not funny!” She snapped, directing it at me who was laughing the most.
“It was!” Elliot said, she jumped again and I laughed.
“Stupid doctor who.”
“You sound like a child.”
“I don’t care!” She snapped. He kissed her (ew..) which shut her up. “We should go soon.”
“I’m ready.” Elliot said, whilst I nodded.
“Gaby, are you nearly ready?” She asked, looking at me now.
“Yeah.” I said, standing up.
“We’re leaving in half an hour.” She said, I looked at her confused. I’m sure she said 2, but maybe she just wanted us to be ready on time.
“Okay.” I said, sitting back down and snuggling up to Kris.
“That means your going to have to let go of her, Kris.” Lorna said, smugly. Kris must have pulled some kind of face. “Very funny.” She laughed. “Tea anyone?”

-
CONTINUED....

Last edited by Gabrielle.x on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:38 am

PART TWOO

“I'll ring you tonight.” I said, laughing. He kissed me again!
“I'll miss you.”
“Yeah, I know.” I replied, standing up.
“This is the part where you say you’ll miss me too.”
“But will I?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. He stood up with me.
“I hope so.”
“Well, I will.” I muttered, giving him a quick peck.
“Good.” He said, hugging me. “Bye.” He muttered. Lorna was looking at us, impatient now. It was fine for her! She’s taking her boyfriend with her.
“Bye.” I said, walking towards her. His hand lingered in mine for a bit, but then he reluctantly turned away. I bounced over to Lorna and picked up my bag. “Let’s go!” I said, heading for the door.
“See you later everyone.” Lorna sighed, and went out the door.
“Byeeeee!” I waved and followed her, closing the door behind me. Elliot picked Lorna’s bag up and headed down the stairs.

-

2 Hours Later

“You ok?” I asked Lorna. She’d been silent since we got on the train an hour ago. None of us had really spoken. I’d said the odd things to Elliot, but nothing much. He was to in to his boring alien comic and I was to into my laptop with the portable internet I have (which lets me download things in college! Woo)
“Fine.” She muttered, lifeless.
“Ok.”
“I need a drink... Water.” She muttered, standing up.
“I’ll get it.” Elliot replied.
“No, no. It’s fine.” She shuffled past me and walked down the train and out of our carriage.
“This is great...” I said, sarcastically.
“I know. This weekend isn’t exactly going to be the most amusing.”
“I might leave on Saturday. I do have an essay due in on Tuesday.” I told him.
“You can’t do that! She needs you!”
“She needs you more!” I snapped.
“Fine, do that to her.”
“I have to!”
“You don’t have to! You want to.”
“God Elliot, just go back to being a dork!” I replied sternly, instantly hating myself. “Sorry.” I told him.
“No, you’re right.”
“What?”
“I am a dork, but you know what..? I don’t care! I care more about Lorna right now, and by the looks of things, you don’t!” He replied, going back to reading.
“I think I care a hell of a lot more than you!” I replied, whispering as Lorna walked through the compartment door. “Hey.”
“Hi.” She replied, still without any emotion.
“Got your water?” I asked, smiling. She just held it up, also smiling. I could tell it was hitting her that Becky was actually gone.
“Sorry, I can’t speak.” She told me.
“Ok...”
“It’s because I feel ill. Not because I can’t.” She said.
“Ohh! Ok” I said, smiling. That explains her silence. Only a few more hours and we should be there.

-
“We’re here.” Lorna finally spoke, as the bus pulled round the corner.
“This is our stop?” Elliot asked. She nodded. We hadn’t been able to get someone to pick us up, so instead of having an hours journey by car, we had a 2 hour journey by bus.
“Finally.” I sighed, Lorna smiles but Elliot just gives me a horrible look. “What?” I whispered to him, while Lorna got her things.
“At least show some dignity.” He replied, following her.
“Dignity?” I whispered to myself. The bus stopped. I walked down to the end, picked up my suitcase and started walking off. “Thanks.” I said to the driver. He nodded and I stepped off of the bus and joined Lorna and Elliot.
“Our house...” She stopped. “Her house is just round the corner.” She told us.
“Ok.”
“Great.”
“I don’t know what I’m going to say.” She said.
“What?” I asked.
“About the pram. She left it. She left it at the flat!” She was close to tears. I went to hug her but Elliot pulled her closer to him. I rolled my eyes and walked faster, so I was ahead of them.
“Gaby, it’s this one.” Lorna called, stopped at a house I’d just passed.
“Oh, right.” I looked up at it. “Whoa.” I whispered. It was massive. A proper mansion with white walls and cobbled steps leading up to the front door. I waited until they’d gone in first then I walked up the steps and followed.
“Yeah, it didn’t take as long as I expected it to.” Lorna was telling Alyson. Obviously explaining the journey. Elliot was stood uncomfortably in the corner of the room. He hadn’t really got along with Alyson.
“Hey Alyson.” I said, giving her a hug.
“Hi Gaby. Glad you came.” She replied.
“I’ll show you where you’re sleeping.” Lorna said, bouncing up the stairs. I followed her but Elliot stayed put. I don’t believe it. We only just got here and I’d already fallen out with Elliot.
We walked into a nice cream white bedroom with maroon red bed covers and a nice pale blue mattress on the floor.

“This is...”
“Rubbish.” Lorna finished.
“I was going to say amazing.... But ok...?”
“I hate this room. It was mine.” She told me.
“I love it!”
“It’s nothing special. Quite boring actually. There was only ever 1 plug, so I couldn’t have a tv.” She told me. “All I had was boring books. Explains why I got such good grades for English though!” She smiled. I plonked my bags on the floor and sat on the bed. It was so squishy and soft.
“I think it’s brilliant.” I tell her.
“You would!”
“So where’s your room now?”
“I took the guest room.” She laughed. Elliot walked into the room and she stopped laughing.
“Oh, sorry.” He said, walking back out.
“What’s going on with you two?” Lorna asked, slightly annoyed.
“It’s his fault.” I say.
“How old are you? 3?” She asked.
“Yeah!” I burst out laughing and so did she.
“Explain now!” She said, sternly.
“Ok...”
So I explained. I told her what he said on the train, how horrible he was being. I didn’t say one lie. Then I told her how irritating he was being on the bus and as soon as we got off. She had the right to know that this thing she thought was a sweet little dork, actually wasn’t at all.
I just hope she gets away whilst she still can.
__
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 am

Lorna's POV

“And that’s us coming to the end of the grand tour” I sighed happily as we reached the living room again.
“Oh! Is that it?!” Gaby said sarcastically.
“Yes. That’s it” I said back cheekily. I’d given them a tour off all three floors, showing them everything except Becky’s room but I think Gaby understood.
“And here I thought we still had a tour of the pool and the –“She started on a sarcastic rant.
“Well if you want” I said, walking into the kitchen and out the back door.
“What?!” Gaby and Elliot both said at the same time.
“The pool” I smiled walking down the steps.
“Oh my” Gaby said in a mockingly posh voice. We’re not posh – we’ll we’re not but my grandparents - we just ... have money.
I continued down the garden steps and over to the edge of the pool. I slipped off my dolly shoes and sat down at the edge of the pool dipping my feet in. Gaby copied and Elliot just stood there. He looked like he needed to do something, He was all fidgety.
“You okay?” I asked, directing it at him.
“I need to go check my email” He said.
“On you go then” I smiled awkwardly. He’s so strange sometimes. He turned on his heals and rushed up the stairs.
“What was that all about?” I asked Gaby as she sat there dipping her hand in the water and swirling the water around.
“Maybe he has like an internet girlfriend”
“Thanks for that” I laughed.
“You never know”
“I don’t think anyone ever knows what’s going on with him”
Gaby just nodded, smiling away while she whirled her hand around in the water. We both went silent just listening to everything around us. The wind, the birds, the tree’s, it was so quiet.
“You have a cat?” Gaby asked, looking over towards the swing set.
“Nope” I laughed. “I’ve seen this cat in the garden practically every day since I was like 16. We’ve got no clue who it belongs too” She just nodded. The water was actually surprising warm today, it was usually so cold! Both of us jumped suddenly as Gaby’s phone started singing and vibrating. I had even heard her ringtone song before. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone.
“Guess who it is?”She said beaming making it so obvious who it was.
“Begin with a K?” I smiled.
“How did you guess?!” She asked, pretending to be shocked. I smiled.
“Answer it!” I laughed.
“Do you mind?” She asked awkwardly.
“I really don’t” I smiled. I felt strange, she shouldn’t need to ask.
“Thanks” She smiled, jumping up and answering the phone.
“Miss me much?” She said happily. It’s been 8 hours!! She wandered up the stairs slowly and into the house. All by myself!
“Well aren’t you fun! “ Alyson asked, plonking herself down next to me.
“What do you mean?”
“5 minutes ago you had friends with you!” Alyson said. “And now they’ve ditched you”
“Kris phoned and well Elliot needed to ‘check his email ‘” I said, emphasizing how daft that sounded.
“Well Elliot definitely ditched you!” She laughed. “You should ditch him anyway”
“Why?” I asked, that’s twice today someone’s said that.
“He’s weird”
“And I’m not?” I asked.
“I never said that” She laughed. “but he’s creepy weird”
“Well aren’t you nice”
“I’m not trying to be nasty” She laughed. “He just doesn’t go with you”
“Interesting”
“He hardly looks like James McAvoy” She laughed.
“I know” I smiled slightly. “But I need to learn that that’s never going to happen”
“True” She nodded. I smiled. We both went silent. I swooshed my feet around in the water.
“Why did you leave Dolly?” I asked, trying not to get to angry.
“What?”
“In the wardrobe” I snapped. “You know she’d NEVER leave Dolly anywhere!”
Alyson got up and walked off, so unlike my sister, I heard her sniff as she ran up the stairs. She stopped. “Where is –“She paused, “are the things I left?”
“Spare room” I sighed. She ran off up the stairs banging the back door behind her. I expected her to argue back, shout or something but nothing. I was all alone again.

Friday

I shivered as I woke up. Leather couches are so cold. I sat up. My hair was all tangled, I could feel it. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and swung my legs off of the couch. I must’ve fallen asleep when while we were watching Knocked Up last night. It took us ages to pick what DVD to watch. Aly, Gaby and Elliot must’ve each said I hate that like 10 times each. I was happy with anything. The last thing I remember was the 4 of us in the living room watching the film in complete and utter silence; While we ate our takeaway and watched the film.
“Gaby?” I asked, confused as she was sat there eating a bowl of cereal.
“Lorna” She smiled.
“Is Alyson up?”
“Well I’m not going to go raking through your cupboards” She laughed, pointing out the cereal.
“Where is she?” I yawned.
“She’s in the shower” She smiled. “The one down the stairs, your dorks being lazy.”
“Stop calling him that”
“He admitted yesterday he didn’t mind”
“Doesn’t make it nice” I said as if she was a little kid!
“Do you want to go for a shower?”
“I don’t mind” She shrugged. “You can go”
“You can go first” I said. “I should wake Elliot up”
Gaby nodded as she munched her last spoonful of cereal. “Where will I put the bowl?”
“I’ll get it” I said, taking it from her and walking through to the kitchen.
I wandered through to the kitchen and sat it on the worktop. I’ll get it later or someone else might. I went back through into the bedroom and Elliot was snoring again.
“Sarah” He mumbled. Who the hell is Sarah?!
“Elliot” I said grabbing his foot. Sarah better be a relation!
“Whaa” He moaned.
“Up!” I snapped.
“No!” He snapped back pulling the covers over the top of his head.
“Now!” I said, grabbing the covers and pulling them off of him.
“Fine” He sat up. I’m up now. He looks so much better without the glasses and the AWFUL hat! I walked over to the wardrobe and lifted out my dress and laid it onto the bed. Alyson hadn’t told me anything about the funeral. If anyone apart from us were coming. All I knew was that it started at half 10. Just less than two hours away. The doorbell pinged.
“I’ll get it” I shouted rushing through to the front door. The door opened and Rachel was there – Alyson’s best friend.
“Lorna!” She said happily grabbing me in for a hand. I really am not in the mood for this.
“Hi” I muttered.
“How are you!!” She said, making it same more of a hyper statement than a question.
“I’m okay” I shrugged.
“Well I just discovered Jamie’s been shagging someone else last night but apart from that I’m perfect” She went on, her voice now becoming fake happy.
“Oh” I said. Rachel was one of these people who you didn’t need to say much to and the conversation was still continue. I could go to sleep just now and she would still go on and on and on.
“So where’s your sister?” She asked. Alyson would tell her where to go if she was going to rant about Jamie to her just now. I hadn’t even heard about Jamie before so they can’t have been together long.
“Your turn for the shower” Alyson sighed as she walked up the stairs. “Rachel!” She smiled. Rachel was one of the shallowest people ever, worse than my sister. She ditched Aly when she was pregnant cause she was “to fat to party” which made me laugh when she first said it but it was a rude thing to say.
“Can you make sure Elliot gets up please”
“I barely know him!”
“You don’t know half the guys whose bed’s you go in to!”
“True” She laughed. “But Elliot’s just ... not my type”
“Who’s Elliot” Rachel butted into the conversation.
“Lorna’s Dork”
“Don’t say that!” I snapped. Hoping that Elliot hadn’t heard that from the bedroom since it was less than a metre away.
“I’m not waking him up” She snapped.
“Well ask Gaby to do it when she’s out the shower. Please” I begged. I’m not going to argue with her today.
“And Gaby is?” Rachel asked. She’s shallower than my sister and nosier than me!
“A friend”
“I’m so glad you’re here” Alyson smiled to Rachel while I walked down the stairs. She hugged her.
“Go wake up your sister’s boyfriend!” She said.
“You do it!”
“Gladly!” She smiled. That worries me. Poor Elliot ... She skipped through into the spare room and i paused at the bottom of the stairs. A few seconds later Rachel scurried back out of the room quickly.
“He was getting changed!” She announced with a red face. I laughed to myself as I walked down to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything :: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything-
Jump to: