Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hollyoaks FanFiction site, based on only One Story and ONE STORY ONLY!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Empty
PostSubject: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:26 am

Gaby's POV

I stared up at the building and gulped. My Mum was trying to hide her tears next to me and Naomi was in floods just behind her. I was close to crying too, but I think the nerves stopped me. I smiled at my Mum and a bigger smile appeared on her face.
“You’re all grown up now.” She pulled me into a hug and I laughed.
“I don’t want to grow up!” I complained. “Before you know it I'll have 4 husbands and 6 kids!” I joked, she laughed but Naomi cried harder.
“What’s up kid?” I asked, walking round to her and she put her arms around me. She’s only 14 and misses me too much when I’m away. I had to go to Barbados with college last year and she was in tears when I left to get my plane. I sometimes think it’s because she’s the only one left in the house now with Mum. After being in a family of 7 for so long, and now only living with 2 people, it must be difficult.
“I d-don’t want you t-t g-go.” She stuttered before going into another round of sobs. I laughed.
“I'll be back before you know it, and you can ring me whenever you want and visit me whenever too.” I reminded her; she kept her head buried in my chest. I know she hates people seeing her look a mess.
“But everyone’s l-leaving.” She cried a little harder. “Juliet j-just left, Harriet’s moved out and Alex j-just left too.” She hugged me tighter. “Not y-you too”
“Harriet moved out 10 years ago now, when you were 4, so don’t act like you even remember her living with us. Alex left because he was finding things difficult.. He wasn’t the best to hang around with anyway. Juliet will be back.” I told her. Mum gave me a look and shook her head.
“Come on Naomi. I think it’s time to leave.” She said, pulling her hand from behind my back. I pushed Naomi away from me and smiled.
“She’s right. Don’t want you to cramp my style on the first day!” I said mockingly. She smiled and muttered a quiet ‘Bye’ and then kept her mouth shut so she wouldn’t burst into tears again. I looked up at the dull grey building again that would now be called home for the next 3 years. I blinked a couple of tears away and faced them again.
“I'll miss you!” I said, hugging my Mum.
“Have fun.” She told me. “Don’t slack off. Keep studying.”
“Will do.” I said, saluting her as I started walking away with my suitcase. Naomi was in the car now and waved frantically as I walked through the doors. I waved once and then turned away from them both...

The receptionist glanced up at me as I walked in. The walls were a dark yellow-green colour and the carpet was a navy blue. It looked like I’d entered a shabby office. Well, I suppose it’s what you get for going to a village University. Mum wasn’t so happy about me declining Manchester for this, but I’m sure it’ll be lovely. It was better when we looked around, but I was in the Chester one then. I’ve never been to the Hollyoaks College. I walked over to the receptionist and smiled.
“I’m Gabrielle Lawson...” I told her, she stared at me blankly. Not a smile, just a bored, dull look in her eyes. She sighed and wheeled her chair to a rack of keys. She was quite a large woman now that I could see her full body. Her chin was doubled over and her curly brown hair clung to her small, wide neck.
“Room 105, main building block.” She said, pushing her chair back towards me and then dumping the key on the counter. She didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about anything today...
“Thank you.” I whispered, taking the key and wheeling my suitcase towards the stairs sign. I smiled and felt butterflies in my stomach as I stopped to read the sign.

Rooms 1-50: Ground floor.
Rooms 50 -100 : First Floor
Rooms 100-150: Second Floor
Rooms 150 – 200: Third Floor

First floor it is! Only 2 small flights of stairs and I'll be at my new flat. I wonder how big it is... How many people will I have to share the bathroom and kitchen with? Will it be like the Chester Uni or more like Juliet’s University? I contemplated having my own room to myself and then a common room at the end of the corridor, but then thought it’d be much more like Chester’s as it is part of the same University. I lost concentration so much that without even realising my suitcase twisted round and locked on the 6th stair up. I span round with it and fell in a heap on the floor, twisting my ankle on the way.
“Ahh! Jesus.” I gasped. “Ouch.” I whined, clutching it and putting my head on my knee. I refuse to cry. I refuse to cry. I refuse to cry. The tears in my eyes reduced and I heard someone running down the stairs above me.
“Are you alright?” They shouted. It was a boy. Great! I wiped my eyes and tried to sit up, but I was in too much agony. I gasped again and cursed under my breath.
“Perfect.” I said sarcastically. He laughed and knelt down next to me. I had to do a double take when I saw him. He was extremely good looking. Blonde, blue eyes, perfect features... But there was a downside. He was wearing girl’s clothes. A red skirt, black tights, black tight top and boots. He also had an extreme amount of green eye-shadow and eye liner on. This must just be something for fresher’s week, right? Well, whatever it is, I don’t want to get involved. I hate being the centre of attention but obviously, he doesn’t.
“What did you do?” He asked - then he looked at the suitcase lying upside down at the bottom of the stairs and nodded. “Hazardous things.” He muttered.
“Highly dangerous.” I agreed, frowning and rubbing my ankle. “Ow.” I moaned quietly to myself. He laughed again at me. “They should put a special label on there or something! If anything’s broken, I swear I'll sue.”
“If it was broken, I’m sure you’d be in more pain.” He stood up again. It was only then I realised he was Irish. I love Irish accents. How had I not noticed earlier? “Are you ok? Can you get up?” He asked, hesitating as I stayed sat on the floor. He was probably in a rush or something.
“I'll be fine.” I muttered. I put my hand on the banister and tried to pull myself up. I winced as I tried to put weight on my ankle and he rolled his eyes.
“Is it that painful?” He asked.
“I just twisted it.” I told him, a bit annoyed that he wasn’t being very kind. He put his arm around me and pulled me up. “Thanks.” I muttered, going red in the face. As if this happens to me now.
“Well, I’m in a bit of a rush, sorry I couldn’t help more..” He started going down the stairs and picked my suitcase up before swiftly running back up the stairs and giving it to me. “You’ll be ok to walk to your flat?” He asked.
“I'll be fine.” I reassured him. He looked at me, probably reading the lie off my face.
“If your sure.” He shrugged and started walking away. “See you around...Um?”
“Gabrielle.” I blurted out, before laughing to myself. As if I tell him Gabrielle and not Gaby.
“See you around Gabrielle.” He smiled at me again and walked out the doors. I felt so embarrassed it was untrue. Hopefully there were so many people around that I would never have to see him again. I gripped my suitcase tight and tried walking up the stairs again. My ankle still hurt.. A lot! But it was fine. Once I was at the top I hardly felt any pain at all.

“100, 101, 102, 103..” I said the number on every door as I passed. “104...” I held my breath when I reached 105. I wanted to scream with both excitement and fear. I would be living here for the next 3 years. 3 whole years of my life.. It better be good. I better have good flat mates. When I realised I’d been staring at it for a good minute and people walking past were stopping to give me a confused look, I got my key out and put it in the lock. It didn’t turn. I tried again and still it wouldn’t turn. Did I get the wrong room?
“Try pushing the handle down.” A man not much older than me sniggered. I looked away quickly and pushed the handle down. It worked. The door was already unlocked. I practically ran in. How embarrassing! I wasn’t having the best start so far.
I pushed the door shut and was faced by a big, translucent glass wall. I looked at it for a second and then saw the it was obviously part of a corridor. Coats were hung up behind the door and the odd umbrella littered the floor below. I wonder how many people lived here.. I turned left and saw a small, colourful kitchen, with a breakfast counter instead of a table. Then, leading on from the kitchen was the lounged. A sofa stretched across the left wall and another one went horizontally across the middle, opposite of the tv. A coffee table sat in front of the horizontal sofa and an armchair was pushed up against the other wall. I smiled. This room was very colourful too. Above the tv was a hand made sign (it looked like someone had written on a bed sheet, but I wasn’t sure) saying:

FRESHERS!!! TAKE FREE 3 ROOMS AT THE END!

I laughed and headed down to the end of the corridor. The room right at the very end, which the corridor ran into, I found out was the bathroom. Silly me. It was bright white with a lovely, high-tech looking shower. It didn’t have a bath though, that was sad. I tried the door on the left of the bathroom and saw it was free. It was quite big and had an average sized desk below the window. It also had a decent size bed. Not quite double, but bigger than a single. I tried the other rooms and saw that they had smaller beds. That was an easy decision then. I was definitely having the bigger bed! I closed my door and locked it. I don’t know why, I just felt more protected. I picked up my suitcase and started emptying it. I was glad my Mum was coming tomorrow with the rest of my stuff. We’d decided not to bring it today as Naomi was desperate to come with us and there wouldn’t have been enough room. I had the basics in my car, but most of my things (books, clothes, shoes) were still at home. I put the few items of clothing I had with me in the wardrobe, and my shoes on underneath them. Then I got my dvd’s out and placed them on the desk. They’ll be fine there until I get my dvd rack. I put my teddy (I had to bring him!) on the bedside table and picked up the bed sheets. Once my bed was made I placed Teddy next to the pillow and sighed. This is my home. It was no bigger than 3 metres across, but it was cosy. I had enough space in here and that was fine by me. I looked at the clock. I’ve been here nearly an hour now. Mum and Naomi won’t be home for about another hour, so I can’t ring them yet... Harriet’s working so she won’t answer.. What should I do?
I decided to get my laptop out and see if anyone was on Facebook. It’s nice that most of my friends from back home started uni today as well. I changed my status to Gaby has just unpacked everything at HCC. Scary stuff! But no one commented on it. Nobody was on. Just then I heard the front door slam to a close. I jumped and shut my laptop quickly. I stood up and brushed my hair.. I have to look my best for when whoever it is meets me.

“Hello?” Someone called down the corridor. Are they knew or do they already live here? I decided to find out for myself. I stepped out of my room and placed a smile on my face. It shocked my when I saw someone leaning up against the counter eating and apple and reading the newspaper. They also had a bag of shopping on the side from Drive and Buy.. Whatever that is. Whoever it was turned around and I gasped.
“Well, fancy seeing you here!” I said, leaning up against the wall when I reached the end of the corridor and folding my arms against my chest. He laughed.
“Gabrielle.” He nodded at me and then winked. I noticed he was still wearing girls clothes and tilted my head to the side.
“You never told me your name.” I stated. He smiled.
“Would you like to know my name?” He asked, laughing.
“Mm Hmm.” I nodded.
“I’m Kris Fisher.” He held out his hand to me.
“You know who I am.” I laughed, taking it and shaking.
“Your last name?”
“Lawson.” I told him. He nodded. I looked him up and down again. He noticed what I was doing and took a step back, before going back to his apple. I didn’t want to just ask. I felt rude. I’d only just met him. But then my nosiness got the better of me and I blurted, “So what’s with the clothes?”
I clenched my hands and muttered “Damn” under my breath as soon as I’d said it. I gazed at the floor and saw his body straighten up and turn towards me.
“What do you mean? These are my clothes..” He said, confused. I started laughing. I didn’t mean to, it just happened. He had to be joking.. “Have you got a problem with that?” He asked. I looked at him and saw his eyes were filled with fury. My laughter instantly stopped.
“I thought you were joking..” I muttered, my eyes wide with confusion.
“I’m sick of people taking the-” he swore, “- out of my clothes!” He shoved past me - pulling his newspaper and bag of food with him – and went into the first room on the left hand side of the corridor. Ok.. So maybe things weren’t going to start out fantastically.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:44 am

Lorna's POV

Most of my clothes were still in my case, I’d been living out of it for the last couple of weeks. I didn’t really care what I looked like when I was just going to sit about in the hospital. I looked around the flat picking up random bits into my case, like my teddy. The quicker I could get to the student halls, get unpacked, meet my flat mates and things I could get back to the hospital. I had never lived anywhere except home before and the thought of it scared me. I didn’t want to even go to College here, I’d be happy with taking another year off to help look after Becky but Alyson wasn’t having it, She said if I kept putting it off by the time I actually went to College I’d be like 40. I still didn’t see why I need to move into halls though, I loved meeting new people but the thought of having to live with another 6 people scared me. What if I get stuck in a flat with a group of older students and I’m the only newbie or what if I ended up in a room with a group of only guys or something. Thinking about it was freaking me out. I went over the list in my head, I had clothes, shoes, my teddy, my phone, my laptop, my iPod, everything I needed. I walked into the bathroom of the flat and looked in the mirror, I looked as if I was on drugs, the bags under my eyes were massive. I picked up my tooth brush and toothpaste and even my retainers even though there is no way I’m even going to take them out of my bag. I am not going to be metal mouth again. I walked back through and threw them on top of the case. I think that’s me, done. I looked about to see if anything jumped out at me but nothing was there. I bent down beside my case and zipped it up. I promised Alyson I’d come in for the visiting hour at 8. I hated the fact that they would only let Alyson stay with her all the time. I’d originally told Alyson I’d be back in at 2 but she told me to stay, make some friends and SLEEP but I really didn’t want to. I turned and lifted my key of the table in the kitchen, I’d been here for weeks now and I must’ve eaten a meal in here like three times. I picked up my case and walked over to the door. I turned to make sure I’d locked the door. I’ve got a bus to catch in 10 minutes to get to Hollyoaks. I had a rough Idea where I was going but not completely. I hadn’t even been to the college before just saw pictures on the internet. I walked down the stairs with my case bumping along behind me and out the doors and the bottom. The bus stop was along the street then all I had to do was wait on Bus number 3 and then I’d be there, in Hollyoaks.

--

“Thanks” I said to the bus driving as I got off the bus and pulled my case down the stairs and off of the bus. I could here the doors of the bus shut behind me and the bus pull away. Now I’m scared, I’m hoping it’s going to be like that feeling, when you’re scared before you do something like go on a rollercoaster but then you end up loving it but what if it’s not. I looked around infront of me, all I could see was I small hut with MOB’s written on the front of it. I walked further into the village. The inside of MOB’s was bright yellow and orange, Smoothie bar. I walked around the hut to see a laundrette, a small shop and a restaurant. I walked towards them someone in there would be able to tell me where to go. I decided the shop was my best option because at least then I could buy something and not just wander in like a complete twat. I walked towards the shop pulling my case behind me, the second I got to the door a really gorgeous guy walked out. He was about my age, my height, with blonde hair and blue eyes!
“Excuse Me?” I asked, God Lorna! Shut Up! “Could you tell me how to get to the college?”
“Sure, If you walk up there” He stopped to point me in the right direction, “You’ll get to the SU” I looked at him confused. “Student Union, then once you get there, round the corner and that’s you”
I must’ve looked like a freak just standing there smiling at him. “Thanks” I said, still smiling. “What’s your name?” Smooth Lorna, Really Smooth!
“Justin” He smiled. “Your’s?” I could tell he was only asking to be polite to the scary girl who quite obviously liked him.
“Lorna” I smiled.
“Well, Lorna, See you around” He said, walking off down the street.
“Thanks” I said, smiling like an Idiot again before turning and walking the way Justin had pointed out to me. The Student Union then round the corner. I really hoped that wasn’t far. I still felt sick at the bottom of my stomach.

“Name?” The lady at the reception desk snapped at me.
“Lorna Wilson” I said, happily compared to the way she sounds.
“Room 105” She sighed, swinging her chair round to the rack with all the keys hanging on it.
“Where is?” I started to say before she interrupted.
“Main building” She snapped. “Up those stairs there”
“Thanks” I smiled. She was, Rude. She threw my key onto the table and I picked it up.
“Thanks Again” I said, grabbing the handle of my suitcase and pulled it towards the stairs. There was a sign on the wall telling you which rooms were on which floor. 105 was on the second floor. Great, two flights of stairs to climb everyday. I pulled my case up the stairs as it battered off every step. First Floor and up again. This was it in like 5 minute’s I’d be there, in my home for the next, while. What if no one else was in?! What would I do? What if people are there?! What do I say?! I really shouldn’t panic. This was it on the second floor. Room 101, 102, 103, 104, I breathed in heavily, 105. This is it. I stuck my key in the door and turned the key, the door opened without me even having to push it. All I could see was a glass wall. I really could be sick now. I walked round the wall to see a girl sitting on the couch reading.
“Twilight!!” I said randomly causing the girl to jump. “Sorry” She started laughing, before putting the book down and walking over. “I’m Lorna” I smiled.
“I’m Gaby” She said. Both of us went sort of silent. This is weird.
“You’re Scottish” She said, completely out of the blue. I laughed slightly and nodded.
“I’ve not read Twilight in ages” I laughed. It was the first thing that came into my head. “I’ve read them all like 4 times though.”
“That’s not that bad!” She laughed. “I’ve read it loads more than 4 times”
“What ones your favourite?” I asked randomly. It was something that she knew she liked that we could have a conversation about.
“They’re all great” She said, looking like she was thinking about it.
“Mine’s Eclipse!” I said. “My book’s fallen apart though”
She laughed. “I’m surprised mine haven’t” I smiled.
“Have you picked your bedroom yet?” I said, I really wanted to go look about but I wanted to talk to Gaby, She seemed nice.
“Yeah” She said. “Biggest bed”
“Lucky” I laughed.
“There’s three of us” She said. “So one other new person”
“Have you met anyone?” I asked and she instantly became awkward.
“Well, Yeah” She said. “A Guy”
“Oooh” I smiled. “What’s he like?”
“Flawless” She smiled. Sounds perfect but she saw him first. “But he wears girls clothes”
“Oh” I said, “Are you not okay with that?”
“I’m fine with it” She said, “I just thought it was a joke or something for Fresher’s”
“Oh, Did you say that?” I asked, She nodded sort of upset looking.
“I’m sure it’s okay” I said. “He probably get’s it a lot”
“That’s what he said” She sighed. “I’m rubbish with first impressions”
“You don’t seem bad to me” I smiled. She smiled slightly. “He’ll be fine later”
“Hopefully” She said. We both sort of went silent.
“Are the couches comfy?” I didn’t mean to say that out loud! Gaby laughed, She seemed fun to me and I’m sure she’d fix things with the flawless crossdresser guy! Maybe staying here won’t be that bad!
Back to top Go down
https://laby3.forumotion.com
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 am

Gaby's POV

I have laughed way too much in the last hour. Lorna’s little outbursts just sent me into hysterics. One second she’d be sat in silence, lost in thought, then the next she’d randomly say words like “Wiggle” and “Cuckah!” A few times she seemed extremely upset. I wasn’t sure why. It looked like if I wasn’t there she’d be crying. But then she’d try to hide that look by putting a smile on her face. She didn’t kid me. A couple of times I asked what was wrong but she just shrugged and said, “I’m homesick, that’s all.”
I felt like she was as nervous as I was. She didn’t seem to talk much, and once we were silent we both seemed to be racking our brains for something to say. After each outburst she’d blush a tomato red colour and hide her face in embarrassment. She was quite possibly used to everyone calling her sad and immature, but I wouldn’t. I found her funny, which was one thing she couldn’t believe!
“Me? Funny?” She asked, smiling now.
“Yes! Why? Is that a first?” I asked, standing up and putting my glass on the side in the kitchen.
“Definitely.” She said, nodding. “I’ve never even been called fun before.. Let alone funny.”
I laughed again and her eyes widened in shock. “I could get used to this.” She muttered, more to herself than me.
“Is that all you brought?” I asked, nodding towards the suitcase which she’d left by the glass wall.
“Oh, yeah. For now.” She shrugged again.
“Is your Mum bringing your stuff down tomorrow or later?” I asked, she shook her head.
“No, my Mum’s...” She paused, thinking for a word. “Not around anymore.”
I just nodded. I don’t invade in other people’s personal lives. I know what it feels like, being forced to answer questions you don’t want to. I try to make other people feel like that as little as possible.
“I need to un-pack.” She looked at her lonely case again. I giggled.
“I would say do you want help... But it doesn’t look like there’s much to help with.” I smiled, and walked round towards her. She smiled back at me.
“Oh, there’s plenty. That thing’s bigger on the inside than the out.” She joked.
“Ooh. Like the tardis?” I asked, she flinched. “What?” I asked again, confused.
“Let’s say more like the Harry Potter tent. Doctor Who isn’t exactly my... Cup of tea.” She smiled and picked her case up, dragging it down the corridor. I pointed out which my room was and she chose the one almost directly opposite it. The 2nd to last on the right hand side. I smirked again when I saw the size of her bed, and then when she complained about not having a window, I smugly replied that I did. She just shook her head disappointedly.
“I need to get here earlier next time.”
“Next time?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.
“Oh yeah.. Bummer.” She shrugged and began unpacking.

“So who do you reckon will be in the last room?” I asked, yawning and sitting on her bed.
“Hmmm. God knows.” She laughed, picking a pillow case up and sighing when she saw the pillows.
“I hope it’s either a very nice girl, or a very fit lad.” I said, picking up the only book she had in her suitcase. The Notebook. I don’t know how she survived! I’d brought 5 in my suitcase, and my Mum was bringing about another 50 tomorrow.
“Your very optimistic, aren’t you?” She laughed, I nodded in agreement.
“As long as it’s someone better than Kris, I don’t mind.” I said, putting the book back in her suitcase. She’d paused, staring towards the door. I closed my eyes and felt my heart pick up pace. Me and stupid ruddy first impressions. I’m going to bet a thousand – No – a million pounds that Kris is stood in the doorway right now. I’m not turning round. I refuse! He can turn round... That doesn’t make any sense! Why is this happening to me? As if I wasn’t already nervous enough. Lorna was staring at him – no the doorway. I wasn’t sure it was him yet. Her mouth was slightly open and she still held her bra in one hand, and a box of tampons in the other. I wanted to laugh, but I was feeling too guilty. Maybe, just maybe, it was a new person. Someone so mind bogglingly beautiful that even Lorna had to stop and stare. Then I had to bring myself back to reality and realise Edward Cullen does not exist, and the person out there would in no way, shape or form cause Lorna to act like this. There was only one answer. Kris was definitely stood behind me. Stupid big mouth of mine. Why can’t I just lock you shut and throw away the stupid key?
He cleared his throat, directly where the door is. I closed my eyes. Kill me now!
“Hey Kris..” I muttered, turning back round and smiling at him, like I’d said nothing wrong. His eyebrows were pressed together in an upset, annoyed, hard line. I let the smile drop and pushed my hair back out of my eyes. I turned round again and started reading the back cover of The Notebook.

“Hang on, Gabrielle.” He said. Lorna suddenly was released from her trance and laughed hysterically. I snorted and put the book down again.
“Gaby.” I corrected him, smiling.
“Sorry?” He asked, confused.
“Please, call me Gaby.” I looked at the floor again. “Lorna, I’m going to the shop do you-”
“What did you mean by ‘As long as it’s someone better than Kris’?” He asked, narrowing his eyes when I met his gaze.
“Nothing.” I shrugged.
“It didn’t sound like nothing.” He muttered, looking towards the floor in a huff. I felt like laughing at how childish he was acting.
“Well it was, ok?” I asked, smiling at him.
“I don’t like people laughing behind my back.” He looked towards Lorna, who froze and looked embarrassed again.
“I never laughed behind your back! I hadn’t even mentioned you till now! Right Lorna?” I looked at her for back up and she looked nervously at both me and Kris. I don’t think she liked people staring at her, waiting for her to speak.
“R-right..” She stuttered, walking back a step when I shouted, “Thank you!” in an ‘I told you so’ voice to Kris.
“Well, you obviously meant something by it.” Kris stated, I raised my eyebrows.
“I didn’t.”
“You were judging the way I dress.” He said, fury making his voice sound much more strained than it should have.
“Hardly! I never even mentioned that.” I looked at Lorna for back up again.
“She-She said that the clothes didn’t bother her.” She quoted what I’d said when we first met, and I nodded.
“Not what it was like this morning!” Kris yelled. I walked past him and down the corridor. He chased after me and stopped at the first sofa, where as I went into the kitchen and turned on the tap. Lorna followed silently behind him.
“This morning I was nervous, Kris. Plus, what do you expect me to think? It’s not like I see a man dressed in women’s clothes every day! It’s also Fresher’s week, so I’m bound to think that’s the reason why!” I yelled back. I got a glass out of the cupboard and filled it with cold water. I took a small sip.
“Does it bother you?” He shouted back.
“No!” I snapped and took a swig of water again.
“I think your lying.”
“For the love of all that’s human..” I rolled my eyes.
“You meant something by what you said!”
“Quite possible. I mean a lot of things when I say something.” I pointed out, “Doesn’t mean it was something bad.”
“It was though! I could tell by your tone of voice.”
“You don’t even know me!” I said, throwing the remains of my water into the sink and slamming my glass on the side. “How could you tell by my tone of voice?!”
“It’s not hard to tell if someone’s disgusted by something or-”
“Disgusted?!” I shouted. Right then, we both started yelling at each other at the exact same time. Our voices were shouting so loudly over each other that Lorna was just stood there, wide eyed, for at least 30 seconds before she decided to do anything about it. Suddenly, obviously trying to keep us quiet, she started shouting, “LA LA LA LA LA LA” at the top of her voice. She screamed, telling us to shut up twice. Asking us to ‘cool it’ and ‘take a chill pill.’ I was too busy bickering with Kris to care. Neither of us stopped to hear what the other was saying. We both just argued so that our point was definitely said.
“Wow... Have I walked into the wrong flat?”
It was only that, that made me and Kris stop arguing. Lorna pulled her hands from her ears and beamed at a young girl, with shoulder length blonde hair. She was very pretty. It made me feel slightly uncomfortable. The other 2 freshers would be gorgeous compared to me, wouldn’t they? Kris looked at her for a minute, then spoke.
“I’m sorry, it’s just her.” He said, a tinge of disgust in his voice. My throat felt strained from all the shouting.
“Hello, I’m Gaby.” I said, holding out my hand to be polite.
“Natalie.” She said, shaking my hand and then looking round the room. “So, after you’ve finished arguing, would one of you mind showing me my room?” She asked, smiling at us all.
“Oh, don’t worry. He’s too manly to keep arguing in a room full of women.” I said, spitefully. He narrowed his eyes and his jaw tensed in fury. Then he stormed past me and into his room. I rolled my eyes and followed him.
“Don’t worry about them.” Lorna started shyly. “Your room is just down there.” She said.
“Thanks.” Natalie replied.
“No problem.”
I smiled at them both before storming into Kris’s room.

x
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 am

Lorna's POV

25 minutes, they’d been in there, screaming at the top of their voices at each other. You would think that after a while they’d run out of things to say but obviously not. I really want to know what’s going on! Nosiness one day may actually kill me. I was sat there on the couch looking about. It was going to take a while to get used. I felt like I was wasting time just sitting there on the couch doing nothing. I desperately wanted to go to the hospital. Alyson had said if you go to halls you’ll not be left sitting about all day but she was wrong. Natalie was in her room unpacking. I hadn’t really spoken to her much, just a “Your rooms down there” and a “Hello, My names Lorna”. I didn’t speak to Kris properly either before the argument erupted. He did seem pretty upset at what Gaby had said and I could tell she was annoyed at herself. As for the flawlessness – is that even a really word? – I sort of agreed with Gaby. He had perfect teeth, a gorgeous accent, and magnificent blue eyes! I stood up off of the couch and went down the corridor and down to Natalie’s room. I tapped lightly on the door.
“Come In!” She shouted.
“Hey” I said, “Need a hand?”
“Sure” She smiled. “Fancy putting my DVD’s on the rack for me?”
“Yeah” I smiled grabbing the pile she handed me. I sat them onto the desk and turned for the next pile and one of the racks. “Where do you want the rack put?”
“Ermmmmmmm” She said, looking about. “Just there” She smiled looking at the space next to the desk.
“Okay” I sat it where she said before slumping down onto the floor next to it. “Do you want them put in an order or anything?”
“Nope” She shook her head. I nodded, turning back to the DVD’s and grabbing the first couple off of the pile. I have no clue what to say.
“I love these!” I said, putting 27 dresses, PS I Love You and The Holiday onto the rack.
“Me too!” She beamed.
“What else do you like?” I asked.
“Gilmore Girls” She said again, as she put a gorgeous green dress onto a coat hanger.
“Don’t watch it!” I said. Her jaw dropped.
“What do you mean you don’t watch it?!” She laughed. “Do you watch” She paused to think. “One Tree Hill?”
“YES!!” I shouted. “Sorry. I’m obsessed”
“Me Too” She laughed, reaching into her case and handing me out Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 and Series 4. I giggled.
“I don’t have mine with me” I sighed. I barely had any DVD’s at all!
“Who’s better?” Natalie asked. “Lucas or Nathan?”
“Nathan!” I said.
“No!” She said. “Lucas!” I laughed.
“Well you can have Lucas” I smiled. “and then I get Nathan”
“Fair” She nodded, lifting a pile of T-shirts and sticking them in a drawer.
“Peyton or Brooke?” I asked, sticking more DVD’s onto the rack.
“Brooke!” We both said at the same time before laughing.
“Ant or Dec?” She asked.
“Dec” I said.
“No!” She laughed. “Ant”

--

We went on like that for another half an hour at least just going back and forth with the this or that game and laughing. It was fun!
“Wonder if they’re still arguing” I came out with randomly.
She shrugged. “Go check”
I laughed, walking out of the door. They weren’t shouting anymore. Hmmm…
“No more shouting” I laughed, walking back into Natalie’s room.
“I think I’ll just leave my case there” She said, sitting it below the desk. “Just incase I need to make a quick getaway”
I smiled. “What to do now?”
“Drink!” She smiled.
“Bit early” I laughed looking at the clock, it was now 2. I’d officially been here 3 hours!
“Later then!” She smiled. “You’ll come out with me? Won’t you?”
I started to nod. “Su-“ I started. I can’t! “Sorry. I can’t”
“Aww” She frowned. “Would’ve been fun!” trying to convince me. I’d love to go but I don’t want to!
“I know” I sighed. “Next time” I smiled.
“Good” She beamed, walking over to the door and out. “What do you think they’re up to?” She said, looking at Kris’s door.
“Hmm” I said, walking over.
“Lorna!” Natalie laughed.
“They won’t notice!” I pushed down lightly on the door handle and it slid open slowly. Natalie laughed, quietly behind me. They were just inches apart sitting on the edge of his bed, getting closer and closer! Awwwwww!! Sh--! Both of them turned and looked straight at me!
“Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!”
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 am

Gaby's POV

We’d both abruptly gone silent amongst the whole hour of arguing. I think neither of us had anything else to say. Both of us had made our point, and couldn’t argue any longer. He was certain I was disgusted by him. I wasn’t. Far from it. In fact, I sort of liked him. Probably just a whole heat of the moment thing.. But the way he acted just made me want to grab him and kiss him!
“I don’t get you.” Kris said, knocking me out of my stupid, pathetic thoughts. I laughed to myself. “Something funny?” He snapped. I frowned. He was stood by a bookcase over on the far side of his blue room. It was around the same size as mine, but the bed was smaller... And it was a lot messier. Stank a bit too. Maybe stale air? I don’t think the door had been open more than 10 seconds a time before and I doubt he’d ever opened the window; the rusty metal showed no signs of movement. I was sat on his bed, sighing at his annoying assumptions.
“Nothing.” I muttered, standing up. “Well, if the arguments over, I kind of want to get the rest of my things from my car.”
He looked at me when I said that.
“Fresher’s aren’t supposed to have cars.” He told me, eyes narrowed evilly. I pressed my finger to my lips.
“Shh.” I whispered, heading for the door.
“Why did you say that?” He asked. It took me well over half a minute to realise what he was on about. He was bringing back the argument starter. Hmm.. If he hadn’t said that I probably wouldn’t even have remembered why we argued in the first place.
“You wouldn’t understand.” I told him, “But it wasn’t about the way you dress!” I shouted, through gritted teeth now. I think I’d blown it. He was going to argue back. I was preparing for a raised voice.
“What was it about then?” His voice was soft and delicate. I felt my heart stutter.
“I-” I’d forgotten my whole train of thought. “Umm.” I muttered, “Like I said, you wouldn’t understand.”
“Try me. I’ve got an extra years worth of knowledge in my brain. If you understand, then I’m sure I will.”
I paused, thinking about what he’d just said. It would be slightly embarrassing.. But he asked for it.
“Alright..” I started, “I wasn’t meaning it like I wanted it to be someone better. I was meaning it like – it’s so unlikely we’ll get someone better. Understand? So I was saying that if it is someone better, then I'll be happy... But the chances of getting someone better than you are – like I already said – unlikely.” I felt confused myself. He was giving me a puzzled look and I laughed. “Complicated?”
“Very.” He muttered. “Are you trying to say you like me?”
“I don’t even know you.” I said, trying to carefully not answer his question. It worked. He just nodded, and looked distant for a moment. “I am sorry you took it the wrong way.” I shrugged, “however, it’s not my fault that you don’t understand my hidden meanings in words.”
“I don’t think anybody could possibly have worked out those hidden meanings.” He said, laughing. He took a step closer to me. I don’t think it was on purpose, he was just looking at some of his things.
“Sorry about that.” I muttered. I walked past him and sat on his bed again. I wanted to stay and talk, but I did not want to be stood too close to him. Especially on my first day! I was bound to kiss any guy who showed interest. No matter who they were.
“I thought you were leaving?” He asked, a smirk on his face.
“Can I not get to know the person I get to live with for 2 years?” I asked, “Or 1?”
“Right the first time.” He smiled. “I’m only in my 2nd year.”
“Righto.” I mumbled, looking at his numerous photos on the wall. I wondered how many of the people on these actually lived here in this flat. There was 3 more bedrooms that didn’t seem to have anyone living in them yet.. But I’m guessing those people are still on their holidays. They don’t have to be back till next week.

“How are you liking Hollyoaks so far?” He asked idly. I smiled, but then he walked forwards and sat on the bed as well. So much for keeping my distance.
“I would probably like it more if I hadn’t gotten into an argument within the first 2 hours.” I said, making him laugh. “I’ve never been one for making good first impressions. I wonder what poor Natalie thinks of me.” I said, suddenly feeling very embarrassed.
“She seemed a bit spoilt herself.”
“How kind!” I said, shocked. “You don’t know her! Do you always judge people by the way they look?” I asked, narrowing my eyes. “Because if you do, then think about others like you and how they react when they see you.” I smiled smugly, but the look in his eyes made me think another argument was about to break out. “Sorry.” I whispered again. I must’ve said that about a hundred times now. He shrugged.
“I suppose your right.” He said, nodding.
“I am?” I asked, shocked. “I mean – yes. I always am.” I smiled and he grinned back at me. My body yearned to lean forwards and kiss him... But I knew it was just because everything here was different. I was about to say I was leaving when he suddenly spoke.
“What are you studying?” He asked, leaning closer towards me. I couldn’t tell if it was on purpose or just to shift his weight. I bit my lip for a second before answering.
“English, stupidly.” I shrugged. “I was never brilliant at it. I wanted to choose Science, or become a doctor or something... But my Mum and sister both did it, and it’s one of those things that just seems to pass through the family.” I looked up to see him frowning at me.
“You only chose something because you felt pressured to?”
“Pretty much.” I smiled. “It doesn’t bother me. I’ve been alright at English forever.” I leaned forwards, stretching my hands out in front of my and locking my fingers when they got as far from my body as possible. It felt nice on big back.
“You’ve had a long day.” He stated, I nodded.
“Tiring day.” I corrected him. He laughed. I went to stand up but he pulled me back down.
“Oh now, come on.. You can’t leave so soon. I thought we were getting to know each other?” He asked, a hint of humour in his voice. I laughed quietly.
“That was before I realised how completely shattered I am.” I said, turning to face him. I nearly screamed with fright. I’d fallen a lot closer to him than I was before. Our shoulders were nearly touching and his eyes were gazing into mine. I wanted to move back, apologise for being so close.. But I couldn’t. Somehow I felt like he was suppose to make me fall there. Silly really. I’ve known him, what? 5 hours? He was perfect though. Dazzling blue eyes, flashing white teeth, brilliant blonde hair... He was gorgeous, that was for sure. He could be extremely soft at times (I’ve definitely already learned that much.) But, he was so argumentative. Maybe a little bit too argumentative. Me and Him? We’d clash. Living together will be bad enough, being friends would probably be worse.. So why am I so keen on kissing him right now? Stupid new university with your new boys with fantastic Irish accents. Are university’s trying to make my life worse?
My thoughts were still wandering and it was a moment before I realised her wasn’t smiling anymore. His face had become completely serious as he started moving closer to me. I held my breath and felt my head thinking of responses. Move quickly and run out of the door... Too mean. Turn away and apologise? Too cheesy – he’d definitely know I watched American tv. Kiss him back? Pathetic mistake. What do I do?!
His perfect pale red lips were less than 3 inches away now. I had less than a second to react, but how? How can I possibly react? Anything I do will result in an argument somewhere along the lines.
The creak of the door made me sigh in relief. We instantly jumped apart like magnets trying to be forced together the wrong way. I looked directly at the door and saw a figure in the shape of Lorna freeze.

“RUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!” She screamed, like she was 4 years old and had just caught Mummy kissing Daddy. Natalie shrieked with laughter from somewhere nearby. I jumped up quickly and walked quickly out of the room. I didn’t look back at Kris. How could I? He was probably angry with Lorna, but I was so relieved! I’d have to thank her in private later. I walked into the sitting room and saw Natalie and Lorna sat on the sofa. Both of them were trying to act natural. Lorna staring at an upside down magazine and Natalie playing with her hair. You could tell they were trying not to laugh.
“That wasn’t funny.” I whispered harshly. It wasn’t funny, that was true at least. “Why did you spy?” I questioned Lorna, who looked up from the magazine and finally laughed.
“I’m nosy.” Lorna shrugged, I rolled my eyes and stormed off down to my room. I locked the door as soon as I was in there; I don’t want any interruptions tonight – today... Whatever it is. I collapsed on my bed and closed my eyes. This was a good and bad situation. Good, because Lorna had helped me with my whole non-kissing thing. Bad, because it would still result in an argument – I’d ran away.
“Kill me now.” I huffed, putting my face flat down on the pillow. A very bad start to university so far. Stupid mixed signals.. I hate them! Why are they so rude? Why do they have to make this new life so much more difficult?

xx
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 am

Lorna's POV

I felt guilty! They were going to kiss!! I should’ve left them to it and listened to Natalie but No I had to go and be too nosey. That was actually really immature! I don’t know how to make it up to them though. Everyone was no in their rooms including me. I had near enough unpacked. Nearly. It was messy but that doesn’t exactly bother me. I stood up off of my bed and walked to Gaby’s door, I chapped. No answer. Could I just walk in after knowing someone for a few hours? I opened the door and walked in.
“Hey, Do you want anything from the shop?” I asked, trying to sound happy and not awkward. I really hope she wasn’t mad at me. She didn’t reply. “Gaby?” Is she deliberately ignoring me? I walked over to her and touched her shoulder she jerked up off of her bed instantly causing an earphone to fall out.
“Sorry” I said. She just smiled. “Do you need anything from the shop?” I asked.
“A pot noodle?”
“What kind?”
“Chicken and Mushroom” She said smiling. “Please”
“Sure” I said. “Be back in a bit” Thank god. She’s talking to me normally. I walked up the corridor before deciding it was rude just to ask Gaby if she needed anything. I chapped on Kris’s door. I wasn’t even sure he was in.
“Come In” He said. “Lorna!” He said, happily.
“Hey” I said. “Do you want anything from the shop?”
He looked thoughtfully. “Bottle of wine please?”
“Red or White?”
“Red Please”
“Any particular kind?” I asked, I felt guilty if I got people things they didn’t like.
“Trust me, I’m not fussy” He laughed. I smiled, not really understanding why that was funny.
“Be back in a bit” I said.
“Thanks” He said. I hope everyone didn’t think I’d do this for them all the time.
I walked back down the corridor and chapped on Natalie’s bedroom door.
“In you come” She said.
“Hey” I smiled. She had her case sitting on her bed with piles of things lying in random places all over the room. “Do you need anything from the shops?”
“Chocolate Milkshake!!!” She practically shouted.
“Okay” I smiled. I was gonna get some strawberry for me too.
“Oh and a toothbrush” She said. “I forgot mine” She looked over at her toilet bag.
“Sure” I nodded. “Be back in a bit” I said, just like I had done to the others. I walked out of halls and down the stairs and along to the main bit of Hollyoaks with all the shops. I walked into Drive and Buy and looked about. It was small but that’d make it easier to find stuff: Red Wine, Toothbrush, Chocolate Milk and a, a, a Chicken and Mushrooms pot noodle! I bent down to look at all the wines and lifted up the first red bottle I could see. As I stood back up I bumped into someone, not someone Justin.
“Sorry” I said.
“It’s fine” He said.
“Any idea where the pot noodles are?” I asked.
“You ask a lot of questions” He said. I smiled. “There down there”
“Thanks” I said walking around him and his pram!?
“Aww Who’s this?” I said, bending down to the pram. “He’s so cute!”
“You going to say hello to Lorna, Charlie”
“Hello Charlie” I said, happily. “You babysitting?”
“What?!” He snapped. “Do you not think I’m capable of being a father like everyone else?!” He took hold of the pram and walked straight out of the shop. What did I say? I’ve upset him. I feel awful. The girl behind the counter smiled at me. I could tell she’d just heard all that. I quickly walked around the shop getting all the other things, paid and left the shop. I felt horrible but I didn’t know!
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 am

Gaby's POV | | First half

I was so stressed! I don’t know why. I just felt different to usual. I was trying to calm myself down by blasting Taylor Swift on full volume out of my iPod. Once her album finished I moved onto Regina Spektor. I think I was about rude to Lorna earlier... I should apologise later for being in a mood. I think it’s maybe the shock of living in a new place, without my family. Yeah, I'll blame that.
My eyes had been closed since Lorna left. I wish I could go to sleep now, it would be so much simpler. But I’m not tired at all, and I should be out partying, not lazing around here. I wonder whether there’s any good bars around. I haven’t even seen if they have a student union. They must have... Doesn’t everywhere?
Something soft and warm touched my arm and I jumped in fright. I pulled my headphones out of my ears and opened my eyes. The room was so silent, it was frightening. I glanced up and saw Natalie stood there. I laughed quietly and sighed.
“Hello.” I smiled at her.
“You know, you’ll go deaf if you always listen to music that loud.” She said, a disapproving look on her face. I laughed again.
“I was trying to block all my stress out.”
“Did it help?” She asked, sitting on the bed with me now.
“No. Not at all.” I said, she nodded.
Silence.
I don’t think either of us knew what to say. I felt so rude about earlier. The only thing I said to her was something to wind Kris up. It worked, but I was horrible to use Natalie that way. She looked distant as well, like she was also thinking of what to say.
“Sorry about earlier.” I said quickly.
“Don’t worry about it. If I was in that situation I’d still be in there arguing!” She started laughing and I joined in. I looked at her properly now. She had soft, shiny blonde hair and extremely pretty eyes; a yellow-green colour on the inside with a bluish glow around the outside. Very interesting.
“Where’s Looney?” She asked, I raised my eyebrows. “Lorna.” She said, smiling.
“Looney?” I asked, laughing.
“Cool nickname, huh?”
“Very.” I was starting to relax now. She is very nice. “She probably got lost.”
“It’s been nearly 2 hours.” She shrugged.
“Does she have your mobile number? Because she definitely doesn’t have mine yet.” I asked, thinking now. If she did get lost, she’d have no way of contacting us for directions. Not that we’d be much help, yet, anyway.
“No..” Natalie replied, a thoughtful look on her face. I smiled.
“She’ll be fine. Probably got side tracked or something.”
“But I want my milkshake.” She said, depressed.
“Ooh. What flavour?” I asked, smiling.
“Chocolate.” She responded smugly. I rolled my eyes.
“Vanilla’s the best.”
“Is it nice?” She asked, a puzzled look on her face. “I’ve never had it.”
“You’ve never had... You’ve Never Had A Vanilla Milkshake?!” I almost shouted. She giggled.
“That good?”
“Ahh, Natalie, you’ve been missing out.” I told her, shaking my head in mock disappointment.
“Maybe I should have asked for that instead, even though I’ve never even heard of it before...”
“How? How?! How have you never heard of it before?” I asked, my face was obviously showing a lot of shock, because she went pink and shrugged.

“Will you keep quiet?” Kris’s voice was outside my door. I groaned, and Natalie sighed. She’s right. I know she said nothing, but it was obvious. She was trying to say I can’t hide forever. I can’t.
“Kris..?” I said, calling him through. He opened my door a second later.
“Yes?”
“Have you ever heard of Vanilla Milkshake?” I asked, tilting my head so I looked up at him in a questioning angle.
“Of course I have.”
“Gaby hasn’t!” Natalie said quickly, before running past Kris and into her room.
“Lying little-” I muttered under my breath, before I realised she’d just left me and Kris alone. What a horrible thing to do! I cleared my throat.
“So... Yeah.. I’m going to – err - go.” I slipped past him and walked towards the end of the corridor. “Cheers for that.” I muttered to Natalie, as I passed her open bedroom door. She smiled and closed it once I was clear. I decided to put the kettle on. I feel so fidgety. I just need to get out of here. I need to free myself from this flat. Even though it’s barely been 8 hours since I first stepped foot in here, it feels like a lifetime. It’s one of those places that even if you haven’t been there in years, it always feels like you were here yesterday and it gets on your nerves! Although, I’m sure it’ll get better soon. Maybe it’s just because my first day hasn’t exactly gone... Superbly. I should be out! Having fun! Laughing! Meeting new people..
But No.
Not Gaby.
Not stupid, annoying, clever, geeky, over-exaggerating, fussy, spoilt, rich, argumentative, ugly Gaby!
Only I would ruin my first day of Uni.
Only I would already become enemies with one of our housemates. Ok, maybe not enemies... But we’re hardly on speaking terms at the moment.
I wanted to hit something! I wanted to pick the kettle full of boiling water up and pour it on my hand, just to calm my anger. But that would never help. I was stupid to even think it would. I sighed.
“Hey Natalie!” I called down the corridor. A second later her door opened and she emerged out of her room eating grapes. She put one in her mouth and smiled.
“Yes?” She asked, swallowing loudly then putting another in her mouth.
“Fancy going for a drink? I’m sure we could find a nice club or bar or something around here..” I shrugged, she nodded.
“Sure, I'll go get changed!” She seemed pretty excited.
“Yeah, same.” I said, following her up the corridor. She went to the right of the bathroom, I went to the left. I was just about to close the door when Kris’s hand stopped me.

“Jeez! Talk about giving someone a heart attack.” I huffed, standing completely still as he pushed passed me and into my room. I rolled my eyes. “Sure, come in. Your welcome.. Anytime.” I muttered, annoyed, under my breath.
“You left pretty fast.” He said, leaning up against my desks.
“Careful! Under your weight, that could snap.” I said, pushing him gently away and pulling my desk chair out. I offered it to him and he just shook his head.
“Don’t change the subject.” He said. I stared at him blankly. I actually hadn’t intended on changing the subject at all.
“Sorry, I was dying of.. thirst.” I gulped as he got closer to me.
“You seemed pretty angry.”
“You were spying on me?” I asked, narrowing my eyes.
“Of course I wasn’t! I saw you when I went into my bedroom! Please-” He rolled his eyes, “-If I was spying I would never have told you, would I?”
“Yeah, yeah..” I yawned and he laughed.
“What was your real reason for walking out?” He asked, putting his hand on my arm. I pulled away. Stupid, cute, Irish man.
“I got worried about Lorna and-” I paused. So much for being a great liar.
“Where is Lorna?” He asked, changing the subject himself. I sighed in relief.
“Errm, she said something about a bus..? But I thought she’d come back first..”
“Ok. Well, if you’re going for a drink could I tag along?”
Silence.
“It was just going to be a girly ‘get to know each other’ thing.” I told him.
“I just thought, you might want someone who knows their way around..”
“Thanks, but no.” I muttered. He smiled and I wanted to faint. “Do you – err – mind leaving whilst I get changed?”
“Listen, Gaby...”
“Not now Kris!” I snapped. “Just – go. Please.”
“See you later.” He replied glumly.

Natalie was waiting for me when I came out of my room. She was wearing a green cocktail dress with black heals the wound around her ankles like snakes. Her hair was curled and her make up was a little heavier... She looked stunning. Then there was me, wearing leggings and a white, grey and black top- which came to just below my bum - silver heels and my hair was straightened so that not a single strand was curling. A miracle for me! She looked fancy, I looked... Well, let’s just say ‘after all the boys.’ I should have chosen my red dress.
Natalie beamed at me as I walked towards her.
“You look so gorgeous!” She commented. I rolled my eyes.
“I look like I didn’t even try. You on the other hand...” I pretended to check her out. “I bet I never even spend time with you. You’ll be with all the lads.”
“That’s what Uni’s for, right?” She laughed. I picked my bag up from the side and turned back to face her... But then I saw Kris behind her, staring at us like he was – jealous? No. Maybe not jealous. He just seemed like he was in the mood for going out, but I’d said no. The smile on my face dropped.
“Let’s get out of here.” I muttered, hurriedly. We walked towards the front door, and as we opened it Kris’s bedroom door slammed shut.
“Oopsie.” Natalie said, awkwardly.
“He’ll survive.” I smiled, walking out of the door she held open for me.

________

Continued in next post (Stupid word limit.. Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 am

Second Half

“Hottie, 7 o clock.” Natalie whispered in my ear. I looked over to where she was looked and an average sized man with brown/blonde hair was sat talking to some of his friends. He wasn’t bad looking, but I wouldn’t choose him out of a crowd of good looking people.
“Go for it.” I told her, she shook her head in a drunken way.
“Like he’d ever look twice at me.” She complained, dancing crazily to the music.
“Like he wouldn’t!” I told her, smiling. We’d been here for nearly 2 hours now and we must’ve had a lot more alcohol than the average 18 year old should have. I felt more drunk than ever before, but that was good right?
“Well if you insist.” She winked and dived through the thick crowd of people. It was so packed in here I could hardly move. Freshers week. That must be why. I can’t imagine it being this busy on a regular basis. I followed close behind her so I could eavesdrop. Only slightly. I at least needed to know his name.
“Hey there.” Natalie started, “I’m Natalie.”
“Justin.” He replied. And from then on they were inseparable. They were talking (well, I wouldn’t call it talking.. More like extremely obvious flirting from my point of view) all night. And I was left alone, like I’d thought I would be. It wasn’t too bad, because at one point I felt too drunk to care. But when I realised everyone was with someone else and barely anyone was looking my way, I stumbled over to Natalie and told her I was going. I had to break her and Justin apart for a whole 20 seconds, which neither of them looked happy about.
“See you tonight.” Natalie had waved me off, and then she didn’t say another word or even look at me again. She just got back to her kissing. I walked out of the SU bar and headed in the direction we came. At least, I think I was heading in the right direction. I couldn’t be sure. For one thing, it was a lot darker (although it was pretty much night when we came out anyway) then it was before, and I was a lot less aware of my surroundings seeing as I’d drank half the bar’s vodka. I walked down a dark alley way. Did I go down here before? I don’t remember this. But then again, it was lighter before...
I heard footsteps behind me and I tried to quicken my pace, but walking in 4 inch heels when your drunk was hard enough already, trying to get faster was another thing completely!

“Gaby?” Someone said behind me. I very nearly screamed in fright, but instead I fell against the wall and closed my eyes. “Gaby!” His voice sounded shocked.
“Imaokay” I mumbled. Kris laughed next to me.
“How much have you drank?”
“Enough to say I'll be ill tomorrow, not enough to have completely lost my mind.” I informed him. He smiled, and held onto me as I started sliding down the walls.
“Did you get lost?” He asked.
“No!” I scoffed. “I just.. took a detour.” I shrugged.
“Well, this detour would have taken you to the forest... I’m sure you’d have loved that.”
“Hmm.” I thought for a second. I would have hated that. “Did Lorna return?” I asked, yawning as turned me round and walked with me back to halls. I dreaded to think what I looked like, drunk, stumbling and leaning against a cross-dresser. Not that I cared much about the last part.
“She came back not long after you left, actually.”
“Lovely.” I smiled. I was starting to remember some of the village now.. Like the beauty salon, and the Loft nightclub. We’d given that a miss when we saw the idiots whistling at us from the top of the staircase.
“Are you sure you can walk?” He asked as I tripped over my own feet.
“No.” I said annoyed. I stopped dead and pulled away from him, I started undoing the straps on my shoes and spoke at the same time. “You know, for all I know you could be leading me to some.. lair of yours. Your not going to kidnap me are you?” I asked, my eyes narrowed. “I swear, you better not rape me, because if you do I may just have to kill you. I got a black-belt in cat fighting..” I said, pausing to look at him. He’d raised his eyebrows. I removed the first shoes. “Ok, so I just made that up, but still...” I shrugged and took the second one off, stuffing them lazily into my bag. “If there’s glass on the floor I blame you.”
“Fine. And I’m taking you back to our flat, silly.”
“Sure you are.” I said, rolling my eyes. “But even a murderer would say that.”
“Shut up Gaby.”
“Don’t tell me to shut up! I’m talking sense!” I defended myself. “Think about it, I’ve known you, what? 12 hours?” I asked, stopping and raising my eyebrows now. “Is that enough to trust you? I don’t think so.” I answered my own question quickly. He laughed.
“But you do.”
“Says who?” I smiled at myself now and started walking again. He stopped for a second and then followed me.
“I do.” He answered the rhetorical question. “Because I know that all day, you’ve been dying to make-out with me.” He winked. I stopped and glared at him.
“What are you? American?” I asked, sarcastically. He laughed.
“Didn’t deny it.” He pointed out.
“There’s no point.” I shrugged and carried on. He laughed again under his breath.
“Now, your either giving up arguing because you’re drunk, or you’re so drunk you’re telling me the truth.”
“You decide.” I told him, but I was already feeling pretty sober again already, so both were wrong.
“If I kissed you now, would you throw me back?” He asked, a hint of humour in his voice. We were walking into the college building now. Time for the staircase.
“That depends.” I replied.
“On?”
“The way you kiss me.” I smiled at him. He tilted his head in a puzzled way.
“Let’s say I gave you the best I could.”
I laughed. Was he always like this with new people?
“Romantic or needy?” I asked, smiling.
“Romantic?” He asked, unsure about what I’d like, as we got to the second staircase.
“I think I’d just throw you back anyway.” I told him. I was lying, obviously... But I don’t think he caught that part. He looked slightly upset. I put my hand on his shoulder as we stopped outside our flat door. “Sorry.” I muttered, he just shrugged.
“I expected it, I guess.” He didn’t move for a minute and I had to awkwardly move my hand from his shoulder and wait for a few more seconds before I felt I could walk into the flat.

I’d ended up sticking with Kris until I was 100% sober. My make-up had completely smudged off and according to Kris I looked like a “Panda on a rainy day – so ugly” because I’d rubbed my eyes so much. It had made me laugh at the time, but now I was being a little self-conscious. We moved into his room after a couple of hours and (I’m using his words here) ‘raved to the latest hip-hop beats.’ I laughed when he said that. I think he was more drunk than me now. He’d had half a bottle of wine so far. I wouldn’t let him drink anymore, so we were sticking to the coke and vimto – special order from Lorna when she heard us come in and decide we needed better drinks from the shops.
It was now nearly 5:30am. Kris was slumped on the floor, head resting on the bed and staring at me, who was lying on the bed. He would close his eyes every few minutes, then after about 30 seconds open them again and stare. I laughed when he did this for a third time.
“Am I really that bad looking?” I asked, in mock disappointment. He smiled but carried on looking at me.
“I was actually just thinking how you can still look so pretty even though you look a mess. And about how you don’t seem to care when the most gorgeous man in the whole of England is sat in the same room as you.” He said the last part sarcastically, but I agreed with him in my head.
“Well, that can’t be argued with.” I smiled, might as well speak the truth. “The first part I mean. Looking a mess. Not so sure about the prettiness though.” I said, making sure I didn’t mention his last part. I had to keep him thinking. I had to keep him wondering.
His eyes closed again. I laughed.
“Is someone sleepy?” I asked, talking like he was a child. He opened his eyes and smirked.
“Yes, but someone’s in my bed.”
“I'll go then.” I stood up and stretched. Then I caught sight of myself in his mirror and groaned. “I look like a...” I thought, “Me. A mess as usual.” I said, just as a yawn was coming on. He laughed and stood up. He looked like he was about to put his arms around me, for a hug I guess, but thought better of it.
“You look fine.” He told me.
“Sure, sure.” I agreed. I headed for the door and felt him close behind me. I wanted to reach behind and grab him, but I kept myself under control. I opened the door and he paused. He touched my forehead and I smiled.
“Goodnight.” I said, pressing my hand lightly on his chest.
“Night.” He whispered. “Get some sleep. I’m not nursing your hangover in the morning.”
I laughed. If I didn’t have a hangover now, I doubt I'll have a major one tomorrow. I took a step into the corridor and the he held onto my hand. I was a little shocked at first. I’ve barely known him a day. Then he wheeled me round so that I was facing him. I took a step closer and started slowly edging towards me. Closer and closer and-
We were both shoved aside as Natalie ran in between us and skidded into the bathroom. Moments later we heard her throwing up. I sighed and looked at the floor. Kris just looked frustrated.
“See you in the morning.” I muttered, walking down the corridor without looking back at him.
“Bye.” He whispered, closing his bedroom door behind him. I heard the springs on his bed complain as he must have thrown himself onto them. I paused for a second; listening for some sign of him coming out and grabbing me again, or something. But it didn’t happen. It wouldn’t happen. Natalie kind of ruined the moment. I walked through to my room and sat on my bed. I wasn’t even that tired. I could sleep, but I didn’t need to. It felt like I’d just woken up. Sometimes I would have just woken up. The bathroom door opened.
“Psst! Natalie.”
I really needed to talk to her...
________

x
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 am

Natalie's POV

“Bye” I whispered
“Bye” he whispered back, and he gave me a kiss
“Okay, bye” I said, smiling
“Bye” he said, and gave me a kiss
It was the 5th time we’d done this
“Bye” I whispered
“Bye” he whispered back, but I quickly put my finger over his lips
“I have to go!” I smiled, and I walked away, smiling, and he shut the door. I had no idea where I was going. It was 5.30am, and I had to find halls again. I almost fell down the Chester steps. Am I drunk or hung-over? I stumbled past a salon. Ooooh. I’ll have to tell the girls. And Kris. Well, Kris will probably already know. Anyway, I going down an alley. No, wait. I’ve landed on my face. Owww! That hurt! I pick myself up and get to the bottom and turn right, I stumble along for a bit and find the SU. I know where I am! I quickly made my way towards my flat. Oh no! I forgot about all those stairs! I drag myself up the stairs, and find my key. I’m sure the keyhole moved atleast 4 times. The door opened and I stumbled through, it was 6am. And I looked like id been dragged through a hedge. I giggled. Judging by what Justin had said I had! I tried my best to be quiet, and sneak into my room, but someone flicked the lights on. I crept round to have a look.
“Goodnight” a voice said. It was a girl. It sounded like Gaby
“Night. Get some sleep. I’m not nursing your hangover tomorrow!”
I was peeking! They were getting closer…..and closer…..and closer…..oh god…..I’m going to be sick! I run straight through them and into the toilet. Think I ruined a moment! When I return, Kris’ rooms shut, and Gaby’s sat in her room
“Pssst! Natalie!” she ushered me in
“What?” I sit on her bed
“Where have you been?
“Justin’s. Why? No, wait. How come you were with Kris?”
“Never mind that!spill!”she hit my arm jokingly
“He is so sweet. We talked, and…..stuff. Hes 18. He lives with his best mate and their family. He has a little boy called Charlie, and-”
“He has a son? As in, he has a kid?”
“Well yeah…..why?”
“Nothing, just…..that’s pretty young…..anyway, spill more!”
“Hey! I love kids! And I'm not if your not!”I teased
“No fair!” I smiled, and got up and started to leave.
“Where’s Looney?”I asked, standing in the doorway
“Kris said she was in bed. Oh yeah, that reminds me-”
“sorry!”I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, and ran to the bathroom
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 am

Lorna's POV

I hate hospitals. I always have. I don’t know why, yeah hospitals are here to save people but, that doesn’t always work. I walked along a long corridor, trying to keep my eyes focussed straight ahead, not looking in any of the rooms. The corridor was empty; nothing to be seen, except the odd nurse moving to the next room. Even though it was empty it was still noisy. Machine’s bleeping repetitively at different times. The noise rang around in my head.
“Lorna?” Anna asked her tone had made me anxious as she pulled me to the side of the corridor. Anna’s a med student who has really been there for my sister over the last few weeks. The hospital doesn’t like me staying nights as it’s against their policy or some crap like that. Some night’s I don’t get caught after visiting hours, other’s I’m not as lucky but if I’m not there and Anna’s on shift she’ll go in and sit with my sister and comfort her. Which I think is incredibly sweet. Her mentor Dr Sanford is the opposite; with him it’s just facts, percentages, fancy words I do not understand. He doesn’t care. To him Becky is just, work.
“What’s wrong?” I said quickly as panic struck me.
“Nothing major” Anna said, causing me to sigh with relief. “I need to talk to you about your sister”
“Okay?” I said, confused.
“Earlier, as Dr Sanford was talking to Alyson about Becky’s condition and Alyson lost it”
“What happened?” I demanded.
“She went on a rant and said some things that Sam, I mean Dr Sanford wasn’t very pleased at” Anna smiled; she didn’t like him either then, obviously. “He wasn’t very happy once he left Becky’s room and referred your sister to a therapist”
“A therapist?” I asked confusion. She didn’t need a therapist! She needed her daughter to be back to normal.
“The hospital has their own. He went in for an hour tonight.” Anna asked. “I didn’t get a chance to speak to him after he left though.”
“Okay” I said, my grip tightened around my bags from drive and buy.
“Just thought I should let you know” Anna sighed.
“Thanks” I sighed, “See you later”
Anna nodded and hurried off into someone’s room. I continued to walk along the corridor, the machines still bleeping away in the background. I reached the window that looked into Becky’s room and drew a breath before I forced myself to look inside. Alyson stood there looking out of the window and Becky lay there as sleep in the white metal hospital cot. The colour of the cot was similar to the colour of her skin. Every day I arrived at the hospital she was even paler. Each day the amount of fluffy blonde hair on her head was even less. My eyes began to well up. I couldn’t cry but I couldn’t not cry either. I opened the door to enter the room causing my sister to jump.
“Sorry” I smiled.
“Hey” Aly nodded, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. She moved away from the window to sit on the seats at the side of Becky’s cot. I moved over and sat next to her.
“Hey Bee” I whispered as Becky made her cute little snoring noise.
“Lorna, she’s slept all day!” Alyson snapped. “She’s awake for no more than an hour at a time. I’m losing her”
“Don’t say that!” I snapped.
“12 weeks ago we couldn’t get her to shut up Lorna!” Alyson smiled slightly through her tears. “Today she’s said no more than 10 words!” I didn’t know what to say. I just wrapped my arms around her as she leaned her head down onto my shoulder and sobbed.
We must’ve sat there in silence for at least half an hour. Both of us sobbing, neither of us spoke really at all, Alyson started a few sentences, with She’s and buts but never continued and I didn’t force her too.
“So how’s Hollyoaks?” Alyson asked, wiping her eyes and sitting up.
“Okay” I said, wiping my eyes.
“Guys?” She smiled. So like my sister.
“Well its fresher’s week, so there’s only 1 guy at the moment”
“Go on then!”
“Tall, Slim”
“Mmm” She said, making a “Oh he’s nothing special sound”
“Blonde, Blue eyed”
“Mmmmmm!!” She said, more enthusiastically.
“And ...” I said, deliberately keeping her waiting.
“And?!” She said, getting all excited.
“He’s Irish!”
“Ooooh!!!!” She smiled.
“He’s a cross dresser as well”
“Emmmmm”
“Yeah! I was like that when Gaby said but he’s still fit!”
“What’s Gaby like? Pretty? Ugly? Snobby? Too Nice? Annoying?”
“Calm down!” I laughed. “She’s really pretty”
“Does she know it?” She laughed. I don’t know why Alyson’s laughing! She’s pretty and she knows it! Trust me!!
“She’s a lovely person!”
“Why do you need to be so nice?” Alyson sighed.
“You don’t even know her!”
“Yeah Well” She stopped to think, “Neither do you!”
“True” I smiled.
“Any others?”
“Another girl” I said. “Natalie”
“What’s she like?”
“She watches One Tree Hill!!”
Alyson laughed slightly before rolling her eyes! “What does she look like?”
“She’s really pretty as well” I sighed.
“Someone’s jealous!”
“I at least admit it!”I laughed. Becky rolled over in her cot causing it to creak making Alyson jerk up, moving straight to the side of the caught, and leaning over to check Becky was okay.
“Visiting time ends shortly” A nurse said sticking her head around the door. I nodded while Alyson sighed.
“I’ll be back tomorrow” I said. “Ten O’clock! I promise!”
“No you won’t!” She snapped.
“I will!”
“Stay at halls and make sure Natalie or Gaby doesn’t steal the cross dresser!!” She smiled. Making me giggle.
“No!” I laughed. “I’m convinced Gaby and Kris will get together!”
“You were only there for a few hours!”
“I could tell!” I smiled. “Plus they nearly kissed!”
“ Already?” She laughed. “Knew one of them would be a complete s-“
“Don’t say that!” I said, slapping her arm.
“Whatever” She laughed.
“Suppose I better go” I sighed. “Bye Bee” I whispered.
“You better not come tomorrow!” She said.
“You know I will” I said, walking towards the door.
“Bye!” She sighed.
“See you tomorrow” I said. I didn’t want to leave. I walked out of the door and along the corridor before turning and walking back along.
“Idiot!” Alyson said, handing me my bags.
“Yup!” I laughed, taking them off of her.
“Love you lots!” she laughed as I walked out of the door for the second time.
“Love you too” I smiled. I really don’t want to go. I hate leaving them here. I really shouldn’t think of the what if’s but what if something happens and I’m not there, in the middle of the night. How can I get here?! I walked along the corridor, down the stairs, out to the bus stop and all the way back to Hollyoaks trying not to think.

I ran up the stairs – all three flights – and along the corridor to the door of the flat. I got my key out of my bag and opened the front door. All I want is to go to bed. I just don’t feel right when I’m not at the hospital with them.
“Lorna!” Kris said, happy to see me. “Where have you been?”
“Somewhere” I said, bending down and opening up the fridge door and sticking the shopping in. “There you go” I said handing him the bottle of wine he asked for, hoping that that would change the subject.
“Thanks” He said, taking the bottle off of me and walking over to the cupboard. “Want some?” He asked getting a glass out.
“Not Thanks” I said, taking another few items to the fridge. “Don’t like it”
“You don’t like Tea. You don’t like Wine” He stated. “What do you like?”
“Vimto” I said, taking it out of the bag. “Milkshake!” I said, getting it out of the bag too. “And well cola but who doesn’t like Cola?!” I laughed. Putting the three bottles into the fridge.
He laughed.
“I’m going to bed” I said, shutting the fridge door and standing up.
“Well you’re fun!” He laughed.
“I know!” I sighed, picking my bag up off of the counter and walking down the corridor.
“Night” He said, taking a sip of the wine.
“Night” I said, closing the door behind me and collapsing onto my bed. Sleep!

Warning, this is one of the rare times that Lorna's POV will actually go onto two parts!! A memorable occasion, i think!
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:45 am

Lorna's POV - Part 2

My phone buzzed causing me to stir. Half 8 already! I pulled myself out of the bed – which was surprisingly comfy – and staggered over to the desk and looked in the mirror. I looked like a complete druggie now. I walked over to my wardrobe and flicked through; lifting out a pair of jeans, blue top and blue heels. I got underwear out of the drawer and lifted everything and walked through to the bathroom. I really hope I didn’t wake anyone up. I don’t think anyone slept much last night except me. I walked into the bathroom sitting my clothes on the floor. Now, how do I work this, I climbed into the shower and touched some random buttons, nothing happened. F-F-FREEZING! The minute I turned the dial the water started shooting down onto me. My Jammies were now soaking! I climbed back out of the shower. Checked the door was locked then got undressed before climbing back into the shower.

Half an hour later I was sitting on my bed, dressed with my damp hair stuck up in a ponytail. 9.05. I needed to leave in half an hour. I stood up off of my bed and went down the corridor, slowly checking in Kris’, Natalie and Gaby’s bedrooms as I walked down. All three of them sprawled out across their beds fully clothed. Guess they had fun last night! I walked along to Natalie’s room, she was definitely the worst. I walked straight into Natalie’s bedroom and touched her shoulder causing her to jump.
“Who’s there?” She said, sounding very muffled because she was speaking into her pillow.
“Lorna” I whispered not wanting to her head even more. “Need Paracetamol?”
“Please” She moaned, rolling over. I didn’t respond and walked back up the corridor getting Natalie a drink of the milkshake she asked for yesterday and two tablets.
“Here you go” I whispered as I reached her door. She sat up straight.
“Thanks” She said trying to smile. She slipped one tablet into her mouth after the other a sip of milkshake following each of them. She handed the glass back to me so I sat it down on her bedside table and walked straight out of her room.
The next room I went into was Gaby’s. The light was shining underneath the curtains so her head was hidden underneath her covers.
“Gaby?” I whispered. As I spoke she slowly moved the blanket away from her head.
“What?” She mumbled.
“Paracetamol?” I asked.
She nodded pulling the covers back over her head “Please” so I walked back up the corridor again and did the exact same, this time taking Gaby’s Lucozade from the fridge instead of milkshake. I walked back along and into her bedroom.
“There you go?” I said sitting them on her bedside table as she showed no signs of even attempting to move.
“Thanks Loonz” She said, muffled through covers. The nicknames sticking then. I smiled to myself.
Kris’s room next. This was a little more uncomfortable.
“Kris?” I whispered.
“Wha?” He mumbled.
“Paracetamol?”
“No. Just need sleep.” He moaned. I laughed silently.
“Okay. See you later” I whispered back. I wondered if anything happened between Gaby and him last night. I suppose I can be nosey and ask later. I walked back into my bedroom and picked up my phone which was vibrating again but this time not because of the alarm. I picked it up of the desk and slid it up.
“Hello” I said. It was Aly.
“Are you coming?” She asked. I knew she’d want me too.
“Yeah” I said. “Just leaving the flat”
“Okay” She sighed. “Bye” She said, keeping the call short. The nurses always made her go outside to use her phone which meant leaving Becky. I lifted my jacket up from beside my bed and walked along the corridor. I grabbed a pen off of the counter and wrote a note on a bit of paper.
“Gone to Chester. Be back soon.” I looked at again, I hope they can read my extremely messy writing. I scribbled Loonz x at the end of it, then they’d know who it was, obviously. I left the note sitting on the middle of the counter so that someone would see it. Not that they’d really care since I’m the boring party pooper. I lifted my jacket and bag up off the chair where I’d sat them and headed towards the door. I couldn’t be bothered waiting on the bus so jumped at the chance when I saw the Taxi sitting there. I climbed inside and asked for the hospital, thankfully the taxi driver wasn’t very chatty.

I reached the hospital just over 20 minutes later, paid the driver and clambered out of the taxi to be stood in front of the hospital for 5 to 10. I walked inside and headed towards the stairs. The oncology department was on the fourth floor so by the time I reached the top of the stairs it’d be 10 o’clock by the time I got up there. I walked along the corridor looking about for Anna to come but there was no sign of her, doubt she’s on. As soon as I reached Becky’s room, I did my usual peek through the window first. Becky was awake today, Sitting up playing with dolly the dolly. Alyson was sat on the chair staring at her, barely even blinking. She sat look looking as though she was waiting for something bad to happen. I opened the door and walked in.
“Auntie Lorna” Becky said, happily. She was such a brave happy little girl, sat there smiling away like any other 2 year old would. She’d always been a smiley baby and even being in here didn’t change that.
“Bee!” I smiled, going to give her a hug.
“Don’t!” Alyson snapped in a panicked tone. I kissed my hand and placed it on Becky’s head instead. Becky smiled. Alyson looked terrible again today; the bags below her eyes deeper than they were last night. Aly had changed so much in the last year, yes, to start with when Becky was born she wasn’t the best mum ever but after Becky’s 2nd birthday, Alyson had definitely started taking more responsibility in looking after her daughter. Alyson had always been the brave one. Even when she found out she was pregnant she wasn’t even scared but sitting here now she looked completely terrified. She gazed straight ahead of her looking completely gazed over. I wanted to tell her that everything would be okay. In a few months we’d be back home taking Becky to nursery for the first time, moaning to each other about having to watch yet another Peppa Pig episode but no one could be sure, not even the doctors.
“I’m going to get a drink” I said, standing up off of the chair. “Do you want anything?”
“No!” She snapped, going back into her thoughts.
“Banana!” Becky smiled.
“Okay. I’ll be back soon”
“Bye Bye!” She said, making Dolly the Dolly wave at me. I was so busy watching Becky as I walked out of the room that I didn’t realise there were people walking and I bashed into them.
“Sorry” I said, turning round. “Justin?”
“Hey” He nodded, sounding as rough as Natalie did. “Wait, why are you here?”
“My niece” I said, avoiding eye contact.
“Oh” He said.
“Why are you here?” I asked. Suddenly realising it sounded rude after I’d said it.
“Charlie”
“Is he okay?” I asked.
“Yes, He’s in remission so it’s just regular check ups now” Justin smiled.
“That’s good” I smiled. “Becky’s only been in a few weeks. No one knows whether the treatments working. I’m really worried about my sister. She hasn’t left the hospital at all.” I stopped realising I was starting to ramble on.
“Nancy was the same” Justin nodded.
“Is she his mum?” I asked.
“His Aunt. His mum’s not around anymore” He said awkwardly. I immediately shut up as he obviously didn’t want to talk about.
“Oh” I said. “I’ve really got to go and get something to drink to wake me up a bit”
“I’m going too” He said, “If you want I’ll come with you”
“Thanks” I smiled.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:14 am

Gaby's POV | Part One

The light coming through the window was way too bright. I was certain I wouldn’t get a hangover, but god! How wrong I was... It felt worse than usual. I must’ve drunk a lot last night. I must’ve still bee quite drunk when I spoke to Natalie. And then Lorna goes and wakes me up at half 9! It’s freshers week. Why’s she up so early anyway? I tell you, there’s something suspicious going on with her. Disappearing yesterday, getting up early. Like usual, I could not get back to sleep one I was woken up. I buried myself in the duvet to block out the light coming through my curtains, but it didn’t work much. I ended up swearing and storming out of the room to get myself a cup of tea. That should help. The bathroom door was closed and I could hear someone being violently sick. It made me feel nauseous just hearing them. It’s a good job I wasn’t desperate for the bathroom. I could do with a shower, but I don’t need the toilet. I noticed that Kris was still asleep as well. I could hear his quiet snoring through the door when I pressed my ear against it. Some people are lucky... Then my stomach made an odd twang feeling. Kris had tried to kiss me. We would have kissed if it wasn’t for Natalie... I definitely was drunk! Oh. As if I like someone already. I suppose, Natalie went off with Justin sooner than I did with Kris, but that doesn’t count. They don’t have to live together. It’ll just be because I’m in a new place and they’re all new people. Plus, I’m not used to men liking me the way Kris seems to. It’s kind of flattering.
Just as the kettle started boiling his bedroom door opened. I looked him directly in the eye then wheeled around – facing towards the kettle - horrified. I hadn’t even looked in a mirror yet. My hair would be huge, my face would be dead.. Oh kill me now.
“Hey.” He said, before stretching and shuffling into the kitchen. He got some bread and stuck it in the toaster. I didn’t look back at him. I just picked up a cup and put a teabag in it. “Bad hangover?” He asked lightly. I closed my eyes. Come on kettle. Finish boiling... I know that I need to reply, but I honestly can’t think of how to talk to him without sounding completely thick.
“I’ve had worse.” I muttered, my voice cracking in the middle. I cleared my throat just as the kettle decided the water was hot enough. I poured it into a cup and walked back down to my room. I'll leave it to brew.
Before I went into my room, I knocked on the bathroom door to check on Natalie.
“You alright in there?” I asked, sympathetically.
“No.” She muttered. “I feel like death.”
“Maybe you should get some fresh air.” I suggested. Really, I just wanted to use the shower.
“I will when I’m done in here.” Her words sounded slurred. Poor girl.
“Have fun.” I said sarcastically. I skipped back into my room and lay on my bed for a minute. It seems Lorna woke everyone up early then, because I doubt any of us would have been awake before 11 otherwise. Kris was the only thing on my mind as I lay still, waiting for my tea to be ready. I just couldn’t seem to stop thinking about him. His features were perfect, his personality was unique, his dress sense would be brilliant if he wasn’t a guy... But we didn’t match. We’re so different, but so similar in the same way. I hate how this can happen to people. Why do we find ourselves attracted to the first new person we see in a new place?
After a couple of minutes I realised I should go and get my cup of tea. Kris would still be in there, I knew it. I’d just ignore him. Avoid him. No, maybe not avoid. Just casually forget he’s in the room.
I headed out of my room and walked slowly down the small corridor. I didn’t pause to look at Kris – who was now sat at the breakfast bar eating his toast – I just walked straight to the fridge and got the milk out. I put a small drop in my cup, took the teabag out, stirred it and headed back down to my room.
“You okay Gaby?” Kris asked, as I started to pass him. I turned around to reply. My mouth was open to speak, but I couldn’t say anything. I just closed it and turned around to walk back to my room. I shook my head as I walked and closed my eyes for a second. How horribly wrong my first 24 hours have gone.

It wasn’t long after that I heard Natalie come out of the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and some fresh clothes before running in there myself. I was glad when I saw that Kris hadn’t beat me to it, and I was even happier when I realised Natalie had sprayed air-freshener and opened the small window. I locked the door and took my clothes off before turning the shower on and figuring out how to make the temperature go hot and cold. Once it was perfect, I stepped inside and let the steaming hot water run all over me. I suddenly felt better. Less sticky and hung over. I washed my hair and shaved, and even then I decided to stay in an extra few minutes just to keep the heat on my body. I even turned the temperature up a little bit. Soon the hot water decided to start going cooler by itself, so I realised I should get out before Kris decides to shower and can’t get any warm water. Once I was dry and changed, I did my teeth and tied my dripping hair back into a lazy bun. I left the bathroom and skipped into my room. My make-up was already laid out on my desk exactly like it was at home. I had my reasonable sized, portable mirror stood in the middle so that I could do my make up perfectly without having to hog the bathroom. I was just doing my eyeliner when I heard a small tap on the door.
“Come in.” I replied instantly. The door opened slowly and Kris walked in, fully dressed with damp hair. I suppose he can shower quicker than me. The shower must be quiet, I didn’t even hear it turn on.
“Hey again.” He said, slightly shy. I decided to finally act nice. I turned around and smiled at him.
“What’s up?” I asked, putting the eyeliner on the desk behind me without even looking. He shrugged and closed the door behind himself.
“Are you avoiding me?” He asked me, before he sat on my bed waiting for an answer. I paused. How do I answer that? The truth was probably yes, but I wasn’t doing it intentionally. I just didn’t want to become too attached to someone I knew I shouldn’t.
“I thought you’d think that.” I said slowly.
“Is that a yes?” He sounded slightly upset.
“No.” I told him. “I just looked a mess and feel self conscious, I suppose.” I shrugged. “Why? Should I be avoiding you?”
“I don’t know. I just thought – after last night...”
“It’s fine Kris, I wasn’t.” I said, before turning back round and pulling my hair out of the bobble. I brushed it through, sprayed it with heat protector, then pulled my hairdryer out. Kris was watching me and I suddenly felt – nervous..?
The hairdryer helped me to block Kris out. The noise was making me drift in and out of daydreams and think about too much for one person; especially one person with a hang over. When my hair was nearly dry, I flicked my straighteners on so that they’d warm up whilst I dried the last part.
I put my hairdryer down and pinned the top layer of my hair out of the way so I could straighten the underneath.
“Do you do this everyday?” Kris asked, obviously bored.
“Not everyday, no. I usually tie my hair back the day after I washed it, but it was such a mess this morning I just had to wash it.” I said, smiling as I ran my straighteners through a strand of hair.
“Oh ok.” He said, before falling silent again. After 10 minutes of watching me straighten and then curl my hair he stood up. I was done as well, so I put my straighteners down and looked in the mirror. I didn’t look too bad, for me, I suppose.

“Your hair looks nice curly.” He stated, as I stood up as well. I smiled.
“Thanks.” I said, looking in the mirror again. I'll need to put hair spray on it when it’s cooled down a bit. It always stays on more if I leave it for 15 minutes or so. I started walking towards the door and he followed. I stopped. Right then my heart was throbbing against my chest. I could feel his eagerness, and it just made me want something to happen more. I took a deep breath and walked out of my room. I’m not falling for him. I can’t. I won’t. I looked down towards the end of the corridor and saw an angry looking Lorna, slowly eating toast. She’s back earlier than I thought. Shocking me, Kris grabbed my hand from behind and span me round to face him.
“I need to talk to you.” He told me.
“You’ve just been talking to me!” I whispered back to him. I glanced at Lorna – who had paused half way through a bite, toast still in hand, and stared at us – then looked into his eyes.
“Please?” He asked. I sighed.
“There’s nothing you need to honestly talk to me about.” I told him. “You don’t know me enough to talk to me about anything.”
“Please?” He asked again. I nodded and followed him back into my room. As the door was closing I heard Lorna’s toast drop onto her plate. It sounded like an act of shock.
“What do you want?” I said, once I’d closed the door behind us. I turned around to face him.
“Last night-” he started, but I rolled my eyes and turned round to walk out before he could even finish. He shut the door as I opened it a centimetre and put both his hands on the door, either side of me. We were so close, and I was pinned up. I couldn’t escape. “Let me finish.” He said, slowly. His breath tickled my face and I smiled smugly.
“Ok.” I said, I raised my eyebrows questioningly when he didn’t talk straight away.
“You’re honestly not still... Feeling awkward about it?” He asked, his voice very low. I shrugged.
“Nothing happened.”
Well, that was true.
“We nearly kissed.”
“But we didn’t.” I pointed out.
“What if we had?”
“Then we did...?” I said, confused. “But we didn’t last night.” I reminded him. He nodded and relaxed his arms a little bit. He suddenly looked like he was deep in thought, thinking about something. “Kris-?”
Before I could say anything, he reacted to my voice. He pressed his lips hard against mine and kissed me. I was shocked at first. Too shocked to respond. I pushed against his chest trying to shove him away, to reject him.. But after a few seconds I gave in. I slipped one hand up to his shoulder and the other around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He made the kiss much more fiery and passionate once I let him. It sent a soft little electric shock through my whole body, which I felt tingle through his as well. But then the feeling vanished, and I realised what I was doing. I pulled away. I didn’t want to, but I did. I knew that me and Kris wouldn’t last, so there’s not point starting anything. I hope he’d see that as well.
“Sorry.” I muttered. His hands were still on either side of me, holding the door shut. He looked sourly towards the floor, before pulling his hands back and storming out of my room. I sighed. I didn’t want to make him upset. That was the last thing I wanted...

Last edited by Gabrielle.x on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:14 am

Part 2

I stayed in my room for the next hour, standing in the exact same spot and thinking. I’ve made a mess of everything. I’m such an idiot. It was obvious by how he reacted that it was what he wanted too, but I mess it all up by thinking ‘it’s for the best’ when obviously we both don’t think so.
“Gaby?” Natalie called through my door, before knocking and walking in. I moved over to my desk quickly and pretended to be sorting through my make up.
“Hey.” I smiled at her. She tilted her head to look at me.
“What happened between you and Kris?” She asked, a smirk on her face. “He doesn’t seem too happy.”
I paused.
“You’re looking better.” I commented.
“Don’t change the subject!” She said shocked.
“Alright, Alright! Fine, fine, blooming fine.” I huffed, sitting on my bed. “He kissed me.”
She opened her mouth in shock.
“Knew it.” She said, nodding to herself. “Did you knock him back?” She asked.
“Yes and no.” I said, obviously confusing her. “I started to kiss back, but then I thought about what I was doing and pulled away.” I shrugged. “I just... feel like it’s all a heat of the moment thing.”
“He obviously doesn’t.”
“Neither do I anymore.” I said, sighing. “But, I swear it’s because it’s a new place and everything...”
“I felt like that with Justin yesterday.” She nodded, “But I really like him. We’re meeting up again tonight!” She said excitedly. I smiled.
“That’s great.”

“Natalie!!” Lorna suddenly shouted, banging on her door. Natalie gave me a puzzled look and I shrugged.
“In here.” She called, then Lorna stormed into my room.
“You’re going out with Justin?” She asked, a hurt look on her face.
“Yes..?”
“But-” She paused, “-I like Justin.” She muttered, staring gloomily at the floor.
“How do you even know him?” Natalie asked, narrowing her eyes.
“Well I bumped into him at Drive n buy yesterday and he was at the hospital earlier-”
“Hospital?!” Me and Natalie both cut in. She bit her lip.
“It’s personal.” She muttered. I left it at that. I know what it’s like having people ask you questions that you don’t want answering. Natalie didn’t have the same thoughts as me though.
“What is it? Are you ok?” She asked, worried.
“No I’m not! How could you do this to me?” Lorna asked, obviously upset.
“Make you ill?” Natalie asked confused. I laughed, but Lorna rolled her eyes.
“No! You went off with Justin.” She screeched.
“Yeah, I did.” Natalie said, giving her a look that implied she was crazy. I glanced at Natalie’s phone and it was flashing.
“Natalie, you have a text.” I told her. Lorna glared at me and I gave her an apologetic look.
“Oh look!” Natalie said, reading it. “It’s from Justin!” She began reading it out loud. “Can’t wait until tonight babes, Charlie’s at Nancy’s so we can have the time of our lives.” She put her phone away and smiled. “Sweet.”
Lorna screamed.
“Ah! You bitch!” She started going over to slap her, but I shoved her back.
“Hey! HEY!” I screamed as she tried to get round to her. I put my arms around her and lifted her away from Natalie. I’m so glad she’s skinny. “Stop it now!” I ordered, she stopped and huffed. Natalie just smirked.
“But she’s going out with him.” Lorna replied, sadly.
“And? He obviously likes me more, so give it a rest.” Natalie smiled at her. I shook my head. How insensitive.
“But I saw him first!” Lorna shrieked.
“What is he? A toy?” Natalie narrowed her eyes.
“Did I say he was?”
“Pretty much, yeah!” Natalie shouted back. And then the bickering continued. I walked out and headed for the front room. I cursed myself when I saw Kris sat on the sofa. Damn him, and Lorna, and Natalie! I was forced out of my room, to the one place he is! He glanced up at me as I walked in, and then he looked away instantly. I sighed.

“Kris, I’m so sorry.” I said, pausing at the back of the sofa.
“For what?” Kris replied, not turning round to face me. I didn’t know what to say. I suppose I was a little embarrassed.
“Everything.” I said, sounding a little unsure.
“For what, Gaby?”
“For leading you on and then pulling away.” I told him, but then I was scared I’d made it sound like I didn’t like him... Like I was a slut. He turned around.
“You going somewhere?” He asked, I shrugged.
“Freshers week, I suppose I'll go out later.” I muttered.
“So why have you been hiding in your room for the last hour and a bit?”
“I was thinking.” I told him. Why am I being so upfront about everything?
“About?” He snapped. I walked round to sit next to him, but he stood up. It was weird. I’ve been the one to walk away usually. “Like you said to Natalie, spur of the moment.” He muttered.
“You were listening?!” I hissed. He shook his head.
“The door was open and I was going to the bathroom, is it a problem if I hear a couple of sentences?” He asked, before walking into his room. I want to know what he heard. I want to know why he listened... And then I realised I actually don’t care. I like him, and I needed to suck up to that. He must like me too, or he wouldn’t react like this. I can’t just leave it at that. I could at least attempt a relationship with him, right? Try it out, see if it works. I’m sure we’d get on fine after a while if it didn’t work...
I walked through to his room after him. He was stood at his desk and span round to face me.
“Don’t have a go!” He shouted. I shook my head. He looked at me questioningly. I walked towards him.
“I don’t really care that you listened.” I told him. He stayed silent. “I don’t even care if you heard the whole conversation. If anything, it would make this easier.” I put a hand on the back of his neck and pulled him closer to me. He leaned forwards to make it easier for me and we kissed for a whole two seconds before he pulled away himself. I suddenly felt hurt. He was rejecting me.
“I’m not doing anything I know you’ll regret.” He told me, hurt in his own eyes as well. I was starting to wonder if they were a reflection of how mine looked. I looked at the floor and slipped my hand away from around his neck.
“Fine.” I snapped, turning to go out of the room. He held my hand to keep me back.
“Unless you won’t regret it?” He asked, causing me to pause. I bit my lip.
“I don’t think I will.” I told him, and then I looked up directly into his eyes. He smiled and I smiled, nervously, back. He held both my hands firmly in his and kissed me softly on the lips. I smiled a mid kiss and pulled my hands out of his to wrap round him again. He put his around my waist and laughed when I jumped because his hands were colder than I thought. I pulled away then, and kissed him lightly, 3 times before deciding it was enough.
“Party time?” I asked, smiling. He smiled back.
“I’d never miss a chance to get completely wasted.” He laughed.
“Don’t you think it might be a bit early though?” I asked, looking at his clock on the wall. It was only half 1. He put his arms gently around me and kissed me again. I giggled and kissed him back.
“I’m having enough fun just doing this for now.” He told me.
“You’re a COW!” Lorna screamed from my room.
“I am?! I’m not the one saying I have to dump my boyfriend for someone I barely know!” Natalie retorted.
“I thought we were friends.” Lorna shouted back.
“I barely know you!!” Natalie screeched.
“You’ve known me longer than him!” Lorna reminded her.
“Ooh! By a whole 5 hours! Bravo Lorna.” Natalie said sarcastically. Kris laughed next to me.
“I can’t believe there’s an argument going on that doesn’t involve you.” He said, I smiled. He kissed me again and then listened to them argue. “Who’s Natalie going out with?” He asked after a few minutes.
“Justin something-or-other.” I said, shrugging.
“Justin Burton?” He asked, I looked at him blankly.
“I don’t know.”
“Light brown hair? Blue or green eyes? I forget... Smaller than me?” He asked, I nodded to all of them. “Justin Burton.” He said his name in a disgusted tone.
“Oh no. No! What’ve they got themselves into?” I asked, panicked now.
“He’s just.. not the best of people.”
“Lovely.” I said sarcastically. He smiled and kissed me again, and again, and again, and again...

Me and Kris moved into the sitting room to hang out and eat for a bit. It was only because I complained about how messy it was that he forced me to leave. We were just sat down and chatting now. Actually, I was reading Heat and he was drawing on the newspaper. Lorna and Natalie were still arguing! It must have been over half a hour now. It made me laugh when one of them just repeated something they’d already said.
“Will they ever shut up?” Kris asked, sighing and putting the pen down.
“Nope.” I muttered, flipping the page. Kris reached across and help my hand. I smiled at him and then carried on reading. He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb and smiled at me when I looked up. The click of the front door closing made us both jump.
“Hello?” A welsh, geeky boy said, standing in the doorway. He was staring and Kris holding my hand. Kris looked up, pulled his hand away from me quickly and jumped to his feet. He practically shoved my hand away. I stared at him, confused.
“Elliot!” Kris said shocked. I tilted my head.
“Who’s this?” Elliot asked, looking confused at me. I smiled at him.
“A fresher.” Kris told him. I raised my eyebrows. So now I’m ‘A Fresher’ am I? Not Gaby anymore.
“Actually, I’m called Gaby.” I said, glaring at Kris, but offering to shake Elliot’s hand.
“Oh, right. Hello” He said, but he didn’t shake my hand. He just looked at it confused.
“What are you doing back?” Kris asked, hurriedly.
“I heard there was an Alien sighting in Chester, so came back early.” He replied. He really is a geek. I laughed slightly and Kris gave me a warning look. Just then Lorna screamed and Natalie huffed.
“Who’s fighting?” Elliot asked.
“The other freshers.” Kris told him.
“Natalie and Lorna.” I added on. Just as I said that, Lorna stormed out.
“I hate her so much!” She shrieked. Elliot’s face lit up when he saw her.
“Good because I hate you too!” Natalie shouted, storming out of my room and into hers, before slamming the door shut. Elliot stood there, smiling at Lorna’s door.
“She is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.” He said, eyes locked in the same place. I laughed and Kris sniggered. “What’s so funny?”
“Elliot, you’ve got a lot to learn.” Kris said, patting him on the back. “Come on Gaby, the party’s don’t wait for us.” He said, quickly steering me through to my room.
“But it’s not even 3 yet-” I started, but he cut me off.
“Get out whilst we can.” He whispered in my ear. I laughed and skipped into my room. Today, tonight, the next few weeks.. They should be fun. At this rate, I won’t be forced to sit all alone in the corner of a bar. I'll have Kris.
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 am

Natalie’s POV

I cant believe Looney! I didn’t know she felt like that about Justin did I? Not till Gaby said, and then it was too late. And will she turn that damn music down! Grrrrr! You know what? Stuff her! I need to get ready. I open my suitcase. I still haven’t unpacked. Its not exactly a strong point of mine! I pull out my fav jeans and my black ugg boots, and the new top I bought before I left home. I put them on, then look in the long mirror. They match okay. I take the hair band off my wrist, and quickly pull my hair back into a messy bun, just so its out of my face. I sit in front of my make up mirror. I but on the basics. Some light gold lightly glittering eye shadow, with some mascara and eye liner in the outside corners of the bottom part of my to bring out all the colours, then some light pink lip gloss, you can’t really notice it really. I got back over to my mirror to do my hair, but look hard. So what if its messy? It was the whole thing I was going for. Wearing my fav clothes & stuff. What’s the point in doing myself up if I don’t feel comfortable or confident? Ill come across uncomfortable and shy, whereas in this ill come across comfy & open. That was the idea. I pull my hair band out and put it around my wrist and leave my hair. I grab my bag, and take my phone out and re-read my message from Justin. I got butterflies. I put my phone in my bag, and open my door to find some geek stood there. I scream in shock, and Gaby flies out of her room to see what’s happened.
“Oh. Sorry. I was coming to introduce myself. I’m Elliot” he held out his hand
“Natalie” I said, taking his hand. “I’m sorry, but I’m kind of in a rush”
“Oh. Okay, so you don’t fancy any of my banana milkshake then. I have loads.” he asked
“sorry” I answered, sympathetically. “Gaby might” I said, and he faces her. She opened her mouth, you could see the hamster in her brain running on overdrive to generate an idea.
“Ask Lorna? I’m unpacking, sorry. But she LOVES the stuff” Gaby answered, and quickly shut her door.
“Bye Elliot” I said, and walked past him. I got to the end of the corridor and stopped, and faced Lorna’s room, and considered going in. But what would I say? I don’t know her well enough to know her through. You know what I mean? feeling guilty, I carry on, and leave the flat. I’m meeting Justin at his first. I’m walking when I come across Kris.
“Listen lady, you haven’t seen Gabrielle have you?” he asked. I couldn’t help but laugh. Gabrielle!
“Last I saw, Elliot was offering her Banana milkshake, why?”
“We were supposed to be getting leathered” he sighed, arms folded
“I’m sure she’ll be here. There. Wherever. I’ve got to run, catch you later?”
“Fine” he said, arms still folded walking past me. I quickly got my phone out and sent Gaby a text to hurry herself up, and carried on walking. When I get to Justin’s, I knock on the door and wait. I still feel bad about Lorna, but I also feel like I could explode. When he opens the door, he pulls that smile, which makes me smile. He gives me a kiss, and lets me in.
“You look great” he told me. I felt so flattered, and I smiled.
“Thanks. How’s Charlie?”
“Same really. But at least he’s in remission. He can only get better right?” he said
“Right”
“Oooh, sit down. I’ve got dinner” he was grinning. I sat at the table, where there were candles and a metal platter.
“Awwww”
“Voila” he pulled away the lid, and bowed, stretching his free hands. I couldn’t help but laugh. Pizza still in its delivery box.
“That’s so sweet”
“You like?” he asked
“I love” I grabbed the biggest slice
“Oi! Cheeky! I haven’t finished yet!” he joked. I obviously looked confused, but then he pressed play on a CD player, and I smiled. Italian music!
“Danny did it for me” he said shyly
“It’s lovely”
We eat our pizza and just talk again. Talk and talk and talk.
“Excuse me Justin Burton, I thought you were going to give me the time of my life?” I joked. At that point, the CD started skipping
“What? No way!” Justin moaned
“Am I alone in your heart?
Have I hope with your heart?
She's such a teaser, she's such a star.
Give me a reason or gimme a chance.
Am I alone in your heart, or am I alone...?
It tears me apart.
Am I alone?”
“DANNY! He’s such a muppet!” Justin moaned, putting his pizza down
“Leave it. I love this song” Justin gets up. “What are you doing?” I asked, before taking another bite of my pizza
“Dance with me?” he asked
“Doing all I can do, just to be close to you.
Every time that we meet, I skip a heartbeat.
Always up for a laugh, she's a pain in the arse.
Every time that we meet, I skip a heartbeat.”
“Justin. Sit down” I laughed
“Come on!” he answered. He was acting so silly, dancing with an imaginary person, before sarcastically “serenading” me-arms and everything, even getting on his knees!
“Give me an evening, or give me a night.
I'll show you the time, of your life.
I'll walk you home safe, from the dark.
I'll give you my jacket, I'll give you my heart.”
He held out his hand and waited.
“But she won't come dancing tonight, She's having the time of her life.
Am I alone?”
I put my hand into his, and he pulled me up, and he span me, then we slow danced. Ish.
“Doing all I can do, just to be close to you.
I do love, she does heartbreak.
I did love, till she broke my heart.
Doing all I can do, just to be close to you.
I skip a heartbeat for you.
Doing all I can do, just to be close to you.
I skip, a heart, beat, for yoou”
We fell onto the sofa laughing. He kissed me even though I was in fits. He was great.
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:35 am

Lorna’s POV

I don’t believe I just did that. I know I always get too wound up when boys are involved, always! She’d kissed him; She’d spent most of last night with him and obviously liked him too whereas I’d spoken to him twice and was screaming at her like he was my boyfriend. I must’ve looked like a complete psycho! Yeah, I do have an extremely bad temper and I know I really shouldn’t attempt to slap people – especially people I’ve only known existed for the last 24 hours, or something like that – but I just can’t control my temper. I picked up my jacket up off of the, well, my bed and checked in the pockets, I reached inside and pulled out my iPod and phone and threw them down onto my bed. Now I was making myself angry. I wouldn’t be Looney anymore I’d be Loser! I really honestly do not believe I just did that! I walked over to the desk and grabbed my laptop before collapsing onto my bed that I hadn’t even bothered to make this morning. The quilt was lying all scrunched up in a ball at the top end of the bed, the pillows most probably under it somewhere. I pushed myself up and leaned my head on the quilt sitting my laptop on my knee. I opened it up and switched it on. Honestly Lorna! I was properly acting like a spoilt child. Well I always have been the spoilt child. My Gran always used to say – when she was mad at me – that I didn’t understand the meaning of the word no. Suppose she’s right. Still don’t. Natalie was right as well I was acting as if he was a Toy! God Lorna! My laptop made the funny beeping noise as it logged in. My background loaded and I smiled. I loved that picture! It’s of Becky and me sitting on the swings at the park. Always made me smile! I clicked on the little Itunes logo and waited for it to load. Music will always cheer me up! Once Itunes had loaded I clicked on shuffle, play and left my laptop sitting on the side. Scouting for girls played away in the background. Better not sing or I’ll annoy everyone else even further! I hummed along with it instead. I suppose at least one good thing about this whole Justin thing is I didn’t cry. That would’ve crossed the sad and desperate line! Not that I’m trying to say what I just did is any better than that! I swear every day I become more and more immature! I pressed mute on my laptop as I heard a knock on my door. Please don’t be Natalie. Please don’t be Natalie. I stood up off of my bed and wandered over to the door and opened it. A tall guy stood at my door, wearing a really weird hat that was a really weird colour. Maroon! That’s the word!
“Hello” He said, quite happily. Oh My God! He’s Welsh! An Irish guy and a Welsh guy!
“Hey” I smiled. “I’m Lorna”
“Elliot” He said. “I was wondering if you would like some milkshake” He said, making it more of a statement than a question.
“Sure” I followed him through into the kitchen and got two glasses out of the cupboard and sat them on the counter while he went into the fridge.
“What flavour?” He asked.
“Strawberry?” I sort of asked. I knew there was some in the fridge cause I bought it yesterday.
“Sure” He said, taking a bottle of yellow milkshake – either vanilla or banana – out of the fridge as well as the strawberry. I picked up the strawberry milkshake and poured it into my glass. Elliot picked up his glass and wondered over to the couch leaving the bottle of milkshake on the counter, which I picked up and put back in the fridge.
“What you watching?” I said trying to start a conversation. He didn’t seem to talk much.
“Doctor Who” He replied just as I recognised the theme tune. I picked up my milkshake and started to head back towards my room, I’m sure I could waste a few hours messing about on facebook. “You can watch with me, if you’d like?”
I really don’t like Doctor Who, at all but I felt rude saying no and since I’ve just messed up being friends with one flat mate I should make sure I don’t upset any of the others.
“Sure” I said, walking back over to the couch and slumping down into it. Comfy! I could feel myself slipping into sleepyness already. I was deliberately trying not to watch. Instead I was sitting looking at Elliot, how into Dr Who he was! Suppose that’s what I must be like with One Tree Hill. I could feel my eye lids getting heavier and heavier. I could feel myself slipping away.

BANG!
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 am

Gaby's POV

I ran quickly back up the stairs, despite the agony my feet were in. Walking up stairs in heels is bad enough, running is a hell of a lot worse! Kris was a flight below me, shouting up as I ran.
“Come on Gaby, it doesn’t really matter, I'll pay!” He said, already sounding out of breath. I rolled my eyes. Yes, stupid Gaby forgot her stupid purse. I would do that, wouldn’t I?
“I'll be two seconds.” I said, running to our door. I pushed the handle down... The door was stuck! “Damn it!” I huffed.
“What now?” Kris said, jogging up the stairs a few feet behind me.
“I forgot my keys too.” I said, crossing my arms and tapping my foot impatiently as Kris got his single key out and unlocked the door for me. “Cheers.” I said, darting past him and into my room. “Purse, purse, purse, purse, purse, purse, purse...” I chanted, searching my room for any sign of it. I don’t understand. My room’s completely spotless. Where could it be? I sighed. “Aha!” I said, as I grabbed my keys from the side. “I’m not forgetting you.” I whispered, putting them into my bag. I sat on my bed. Where the hell is my purse?
Outside my door, Natalie suddenly screamed. I jumped up and ran out without thinking. It was just Elliot standing there, introducing himself.
“Oh, sorry. I was coming to introduce myself. I’m Elliot.” He smiled and held his hand out to her. She looked at him confused.
“Natalie...” She said, hesitantly holding her hand out to shake his. “I’m sorry, but I’m kinda in a rush.” She tried to walk past him.
“Oh. Okay, so you don’t fancy any of my banana milkshake then. I have loads.” Elliot asked her. I laughed silently. He’s such a geek. But he seems really sweet.
“Sorry.” She shrugged sympathetically. “Gaby might.” She said, nodding towards me. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I then bit my lip as he turned hopefully towards me.
“I’m unpacking... Sorry! Ask Lorna, she absolutely loves the stuff.” I said, running back into my room. Now I feel rude. I stood, hand on chin, staring at my room in confusion for a moment. Where could it be?
Natalie laughed and I heard Kris huff. Wonder what he’s gone and said this time.
“Where are you? Pursey, pursey purse...” I felt like I was looking for a dog. “Here boy.” I added on, making myself laugh. I lay on my bed in a huff and then heard my phone go off. Phone, phone... Where’s that? I jumped up, listening carefully for it and then realised it was under my bed, next to my purse.
“Gotcha!” I said, picking it up. “How did you get down there-?” I paused when I heard Kris laugh behind me.
“Since when could inanimate objects understand English?” He asked, smiling.
“I wasn’t talking to them!” I said, obviously making it up. “I was talking to the- the-” I paused and looked round my room. “The window cleaner!” I said, staring at my widow.
“Where’d he go?” Kris asked, smirking and raising his eyebrows.
“Fell..?” I shrugged, smiling. I looked at the text on my phone then.

Hurry! Kris isn’t happy.
Natalie : 18:32

I laughed and looked at Kris. I wonder what he was complaining about now. I put my purse and phone in my bag and look back at Kris. He’s looking through all my DVDs.
“I don’t feel like going out.” He muttered. I stopped dead and rolled my eyes.
“You’re kidding...” I sighed, throwing my bag on the floor. “Fine, whatever..” I said, collapsing on my bed. “I'll just lie here - on the one party week I have - bored senseless..”
“I won’t let you get bored.” Kris promised, picking out 3 films. “We’ll watch movies, get drunk, eat a load of rubbish and chat.”
“Lovely.” I said sarcastically. He smiled.
“We’ll go out then.” He said, pulling me back up.
“No, it’s fine..” I yawned. “Movie sounds good. Should we watch on my laptop?” I asked. He nodded. I pulled my duvet and a few pillows onto the floors and sat my laptop on my bedside table (which I’d moved into the middle of the room.) Kris went to get the booze and snacks whilst I set up the dvd. I heard voices outside my room. It was just Elliot talking to Kris about something.
“Wait... Are you and Gaby going out now?” Lorna’s voice cut in. I laughed quietly.
“We’re not going out.. We just – made friends.” He told her, and then the door opened and he walked in. I flicked the light off once he’d sat down and clicked play.
“Just friends, eh?” I asked, pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging them. I’m so tired.
“What?”
I quoted exactly what Lorna had said and Kris’s reply.
“Well if we’re just friends, then there’s really no point in hanging out.” I said, starting to stand up. He pulled me back down.
“What do you want to be?” He asked, putting an arm around my waist.
“I want this to be classed as... I want to say date, but that doesn’t seem like the right word.” I laughed, he smiled.
“Seeing each other?” He asked. I nodded. That sounded fine to me. “Would you like to go on a date then?” Kris asked, kissing my cheek.
“I’d love it.” I replied, kissing him back. We were lost then. We completely ignored the film and just took advantage of the darkness and us being alone. He kissed me so softly, but so passionately at the same time.. It was perfect.

BANG

I pulled away quickly as I heard Lorna’s high pitched, shrill scream from the other room.
“What the hell was that?” I asked, standing up and walking out. Kris was right behind me as I walked through to the sitting room. Lorna was curled up in a ball on the floor; Elliot was in hysterics, and there was strawberry milkshake everywhere!
“What happened?” Kris asked, half amused, half annoyed.
Lorna stood up quickly and smoothed herself over. She had gone bright red with embarrassment and was trying to hide it by looking down.
“I – er – knocked my milkshake over.” She didn’t look up. I laughed and Kris snorted. “Shut up! I hate doctor who. It’s the most terrifying thing ever! And the milkshake banged and it scared me..”
“Doctor Who... Scary?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.
“It’s crept me out since I saw the one with the scary angel blinky thingy majigs.” She tried describing with her hands but gave up. She just shook her head and walked into her room. I carried on laughing.
“Do you think she’d ever go out with me?” Elliot asked, in a dazed, fantasy voice. I laughed harder and Kris hit me playfully in the side. I walked back down the corridor and heard Kris reply.
“Give it a shot, mate. You never know what women round here will say.”
I laughed again and settled back on the pillows, waiting for Kris so we could get back to what we started.

xx
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:04 am

Natalie’s POV

I stayed at Justin’s last night. We had such a laugh. More dancing and “singing”, then we watched some DVDs, and stuff. It was great. I’m lying in bed, looking out of the window. Its sunny. Reflects my mood. But Justin’s not here. I’m not sure where he is. He wasn’t here when I woke up, but that wasn’t that long ago. I get out of bed, and put on one of his shirts. I’ve always wanted to do that! I leave his room and go down the stairs to the kitchen, where there’s food on a tray with orange juice and a twig in a glass. I have a quiet giggle to myself. Whose he talking to? Oh, he’s on his phone. I move closer slightly. He hasn’t seen me yet.
“Is he okay?……how bad?” he sounds worried
“I’ll be there in 10” he hung up.
“Justin?” was that a question. Or was I stating my presence?
“Natalie…..I made you this….sorry about the twig. Couldn’t find any flowers. I have to go out”
“Why? What’s wrong? Is everything okay?” I asked concerned
“Not really…..Charlie’s back in hospital…..he’s got the flu, so he’s back on his ward as it can be critical with his health. I have to go to him. I’m sorry.” he was frozen. I went and gave him a hug.
“Do you want me to go with you?” I asked, not letting go
“It’s fine. It’s not your problem.” he was holding me tight
“I want to” I meant it
“Really?” he pulled away to look at me, holding my hands
“Yeah. But I need to get dressed” I smiled, letting go of his hands and running up the stairs. When I got to the top I looked at him. He was sat on the bottom stair with his head in his hands. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bag. I always kept a lipgloss and mascara in there, and I quickly swept the gloss over my lips, and lashed my eyes, before running down the stairs.
“Ready” I said when I was near the bottom
“You look great” he said, standing at the bottom
“Thanks” I smiled, and I took his hands. “It’ll be fine. Lets go”

When we get to the hospital, I’m still holding onto his hands, and Justin starts running.
“Justin, can you slow down a bit. I’m not as fast as you” I say, tripping over my own feet. He’s still holding my hand
“Nancy!” he called suddenly. A girl turns around to face him.
“Justin! I’m sorry. I can’t believe I let this happen. I’m sorry” she was crying. Justin let go of my hand to give her a hug.
“It’s okay. He’s so vulnerable to everything, you can’t protect him from everything” he was still hugging her
“I know. I know” she let go. “oh sorry” she said, after noticing me
“Oh, this is my girlfriend. Natalie” he introduced me
“Girlfriend?” I asked
“Well, yeah. If you’ll have me?”
I was stunned. Wow. Wait! Is that…..why’s she here?
“LORNA?!” I called. It was. She turned around. I went over to her. “What are you doing here?
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:07 am

Lorna's POV

“Lorna?!”, Natalie said shocked and confused. She was running towards me. I didn’t want to explain. Everyone constantly asking how Becky is and I don’t know what to tell them. I don’t want to explain what’s going on either. I’d been able to not tell anyone at halls where I’d been going at nights, why I was so tired and I wanted to keep it like that. I don’t want people at halls asking me about her too. “What are you doing here?” She asked. I couldn’t say it. I didn’t want to say it. Tears formed in my eyes. I didn’t want to have to explain. “Lorna?”
“My niece Becky” I said. Natalie suddenly became awkward.
“Is she okay?”
“She has Leukaemia” I said.
“Lorna!” She said, hugging me she looked shocked that I hadn’t tell anyone.
“That’s why I’ve not been about much. I’ve been here.” I said.
“You should’ve said something” She said, still hugging me.
“No!” I snapped. “Don’t tell anyone!”
“Why?”
“Just please don’t!” I said. Halls is, well was the place that I could escape people asking about her.
Natalie nodded. “Okay”
“I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go” I said in a rush. I didn’t have to go but if I stayed with her I’d breakdown and the last thing she needs is me in a mess ranting to her. I turned and walked back down to Becky’s room, I could see her walking back up to Justin on the reflection on the window. He hadn’t told anyone then. I walked back into the room.
“Hey” I said as I sat down next to my sister and continued to sit there in silence.
I’d been back from the hospital for about 2 hours now. Natalie had said nothing to nobody. Which was good and thankfully she hadn’t mentioned it to me either. 4 of us were sat in the sitting area, Gaby, Kris, Natalie and me. Elliot, well being Elliot was in his room. I had gone through to talk to him earlier and he told me to go away because I was interrupting an experiment or something. Was pretty rude to be honest!
“Bored” Kris came out with randomly as Gaby changed the TV Channel again for the 10th time.
“Me t-“ Gaby started to say before Natalie finished her sentence for her.
“Too” Natalie sighed. “Let’s go out!”
“Where?” Kris and Gaby said at the same time, making me smile. I still hadn’t removed my eyes from the TV.
“Loft?” Natalie asked.
“Okay” Kris said at the same time Gaby said “Yeah”
“Are you coming?” Gaby asked. I just shook my head not taking my eyes off of the TV. Natalie was giving me a look.
“Come on Looney!” Natalie said standing up and grabbing my arm. “Other arm Gaby!” Natalie commanded and Gaby did so straight away.
“Do I have too?” I sighed. I’m still shattered.
“Yes!!” Natalie huffed.
“Fine” I sighed.
“Woo!” Kris said, sarcastically walking through to his room. Gaby did the same except went into her own.
“She’ll be okay!” Natalie said.
“I’m not sure!” I sighed.
“I promise!” Natalie smiled.
I reluctantly nodded and went through to my room and into my wardrobe. What would everyone else wear? I lifted my black skinny jeans out of my wardrobe before looking for a fancy top. I flicked through my Top’s on hangers these were the only sort of fancy one’s I had with me. I eventually picked my favourite blue top which meant I could wear my favourite shoes to match. The 4 inch blue heels! They aren’t very comfy but they look nice.

45 minutes later and I was ready. It didn’t take long to curl my hair since it’s as thin so I had lots of time to do my make-up which was desperately needed especially the concealer which was now doing its best to cover the horrific bags under my eyes. I grabbed my phone, purse and iPod – yeah, I’m going to a nightclub and taking my iPod. Daft I know but my iPod comes everywhere with me! – And placed all three of them in my bag. I stood up and walked through into the kitchen. Elliot was sat there at the kitchen table reading something.
“You look lovely” He said.
“Thanks” I said, I could feel my face going red! I get embarrassed way too easily! And you would think with all the stuff that happens to me I’d get used to it but nope! “Aren’t you coming out?”
“No” He said as if it was obvious.
“Why?”
“Everyone else dances and I’m just sat there!”
“Trust me Elliot, I will not be dancing either!” I laughed. He smiled, not looking away from the alien magazine. “C’mon! Please come!”
He shook his head!
“Elliot!” I moaned, He didn’t even respond that time.
“No” He said. “Cause I’ll get left in the corner like usual!”
“You won’t!” I said. “I promise!”
“Fine” He said, standing up and throwing his magazine down before going through to his room. Woo Hoo!

An hour later and we were eventually at the Loft. The music was so loud. There were so many people. I hadn’t been out in ages!
“Drinks?” Kris said.
“I’ll get them” Gaby said standing up off of the couch we were sitting on.
“I’ll go” Kris said.
“I’ll go” Gaby snapped, I could see where this was going!
“I’ll go!” Kris repeated.
“What drinks? Lorna?”
“Smirnoff Ice please” I smiled.
“Natalie?” Kris asked.
“Vodka and Lemonade”
“Elliot?” Gaby and Kris both said at the same time.
“Pint please” He said.
“Okay” Gaby said, turning to walk over to the bar and Kris immediately followed. Bet we end up with two sets of drinks. Natalie grabbed my arm to pull me up off the couch.
“C’mon Looney” She said, trying to pull me over to dance but I wasn’t budging. I shook my head. She was using all her strength to pull me up so I eventually gave in and she got me up off of the couch. I turned back round to the couch and grabbed Elliot’s hand. He said he didn’t want to be stuck in the corner by himself! The three of us were dancing away to some random song when I saw Gaby shouting over to us that our drinks were there. Smirnoff Ice. Yum! I hadn’t had a drink in ages. As soon as I sat my drink on the table Natalie had me back up dancing. Three or four – maybe five – smirnoffs later I was dancing without having to be forced. I was slightly drunk. All of us were dancing away when a slow song came on. Great! Kris and Gaby started dancing on their own. Justin appeared and whisked Natalie away so I was left there standing with Elliot. I started to walk back over to the couch when Elliot grabbed my hand. He was so sweet but this was just awkward. I dropped my hands out of his and reached into my pocket. My phone stopped vibrating the second I got it out of my pocket. I slid it up to see who’d phoned, Alyson.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 am

Gaby's POV | Part One

I glanced towards the door as I saw Lorna rush through it, panicked. Natalie had frozen solid with Justin still dancing beside her. Something was wrong...
“Where’d Lorna go?” Kris asked casually. I felt so drunk, but so aware. My head felt dizzy and confused, but it also felt clear and understanding. I walked towards the door without even looking back and stepped down a couple of steps. When I started wobbling I realised how drunk I actually was. I can’t even keep steady! I heard Natalie’s rushed voice behind me at the top.
“Where’s she gone?” She asked, looking worried now. Was something going on I didn’t know about? “If something happened she’ll kill me. I promised her..” She was extremely close to tears now. I gave her a confused glance, but she wasn’t looking at me. She was looking around for Lorna. She can’t have gotten far. I swear she drank more than me, and I can barely walk.
“What’s going on?” Kris asked, joining us on the steps now.
“Lorna’s gone.” Natalie whispered. Kris looked confused as well. I tried walking down the stairs again. I took the steps slowly. Too slowly. Someone had spilt beer on the metal steps. I screamed and felt myself fall to the bottom. I groaned when I hit the bottom steps and then started laughing. How silly of me, after being so careful.
“Gaby!” Kris said, rushing down the stairs. I sat up and smiled.
“Well that was fun.” I tried to pull myself up but couldn’t. Then a blinding pain shot through my ankle and a inhaled sharply. Tears sprang to my eyes and I hid my face. “Stupid ankle.” I mumbled into my knee.
“Your ankle again?” Kris asked, laughing now. I wasn’t laughing. It was agony! Like a thousand knives being repeatedly stabbed into my bone. He touched it softly, and I screamed quietly, pushing his hand away. He smiled. “This is twice in 3 days now, you know?”
“Just help me up.” I said, holding my hands out. He grabbed mine and tugged me up. I cried in pain as I put a bit of weight on it.
“Are you alright?” Natalie asked, finally tuning into our show rather than hers and Lorna’s.
“Twisted my ankle. It’ll be fine in a minute.” My voice was shaking with pain. Kris gave me a concerned look which Natalie mimicked.
“Isn’t Alcohol meant to numb pain?” She asked, raising her eyebrows. I glared at her.
“Not helping.” I snapped. She shrugged.
“Your ankle looks kind of swollen, too.” She said. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
“Just... Take me home.” I sighed and tried to walk. I ended up with tears pouring out of my eyes when I felt the pain a hundred times stronger. Kris gripped around my waist.
“I think it’s broken.” Natalie said, kind of excited.
“No! Don’t say that!” I groaned and let myself fall onto the pavement, Kris’s arm letting me fall gently rather than thud. I looked at my ankle. It was swollen, and it was throbbing...
“It won’t be.. But maybe we should go to the hospital just encase.” Kris said, pulling me back up. He suddenly knocked my knees out from under me and swooped me up into a baby cradle position.
“Oh lovely!” I said sarcastically. “I swear, if you don’t put me down in 10 seconds you’ll regret this.”
“Oh yeah? What are you going to do with a saw ankle and the rest of your body in my power?” He asked, smugly.
“One, Two, Three...” I started counting. He rolled his eyes. “Four, Five, Six..”
“Put her down before she has a hissy fit.” Natalie warned him.
“Seven..”
“Alright, fine!” He snapped.
“Eight.”
“I’m doing it, I’m doing it.” He stopped and lowered me onto the floor. Wonderful. Natalie took my shoe off and gasped.
“Ouch.” She winced. I groaned and leant back onto the floor, hands over my face.
“My foots fallen off, hasn’t it?” I asked, dreading to think what the real answer was.
“I think you’d prefer it had.” She told me. I sat up quickly and looked. It was a really weird purple-blue colour. I sighed.
“It’s really bruised.” Kris told me.
“I think it really is broken.” Natalie suddenly said, more sympathetic this time. She gave Kris a look and he shrugged.
“Reckon it is?” He asked.
“Don’t ask me! I’m not a doctor.” She said, standing up. “Although, you really do need to go to the hospital.”
“Okay. Come on then.” I sighed, holding out my hands to both of them. They smiled and each tugged me up carefully.

-

“I’m going to die..” I muttered, hopping carefully through the accident and emergency room doors. Kris was supporting practically my whole weight, but carefully made it seem like I was moving by myself. Natalie suddenly gasped and stopped as we stood in the line of the nurses station.
“I’ve left Justin without an explanation!” She said, horrified.
“He’s a big boy, I’m sure he’ll be fine.” Kris said, rolling his eyes. We got to the front of the queue and I leaned carefully against it.
“Hey there.” I said, cheerily. She gave me a disapproving look, but smiled anyway.
“Hello, how may I help you?” She asked.
“I’ve hurt my ankle and it look...” I tried to think of the right word. “..Gross.”
She laughed.
“Name?” She asked.
“Gabrielle Lawson.” I told her. She nodded and typed it into her computer.
“Address?” She said, not looking at me. I thought about it.
“Uni or Home?”
“University please.”
“HCC block, flat 105.” I told her. She nodded.
“Date of birth?”
“24/05/89” I said quickly. She gave me a form and smiled.
“If you’d just like to go over to the nurse, she’ll tell you if you need to see a doctor.”
“Thank you.” I smiled, hopping towards the Nurse. Kris put a cautious arm around me and I huffed. “I can hop 10 feet.” I narrowed my eyes and sat in the nurses little medical bit.
“Hello...” She looked at the chart, “Gabrielle. What’s wrong with you today?”
“My ankle.” I pointed at it. She nodded.
“Ouch, that does look painful.” She said, sympathising with me. I glanced at Natalie. She was still looking extremely worried. I’m guessing it’s about Lorna. “Date of birth?”
“24/05/89.” I said, I knew I’d have to repeat that about 10 times tonight.
“Ok, well I'll take you through to the waiting room now. A doctor should see you within the hour.”

3 and a half hours later, I was only just coming out of the X Ray room. I hopped through to the doctors room and sat on the bed waiting for him to return. Kris was outside with Natalie and I could hear them having a mini argument about who deserves to come and sit in the room with me.
“I want to see her X Ray!” Natalie complained.
“And I want to make sure she’s not in pain.” Kris said, sourly.
“Friends come first.” Natalie said smugly.
“So what am I? A dog?” Kris said sarcastically.
“Your her boyfriend.” Natalie pointed out. Kris went silent.
“No, I’m not.” He told her. I felt my heart stutter slightly.
“Whatever.. You will be.” She said, just as the doctor walked in. “So, I’m going in.”
“No way!” Kris snapped. The doctor gave them both a look that they missed. I smiled.
“Just close the door on them.” I said, as Natalie took a step towards the door. He shut it quickly and I heard Natalie squeak, “Hey!” before he settled down in the chair by a computer screen.
“Here’s your x ray.” The doctor said, putting a picture of my poor foot on the screen. “As you can see, it’s definitely broken.” He said, pointing to a big crack in the bone. I groaned. “However, as it’s a clean break and in a good spot, it should heal quicker than you’d think.”
“Wonderful.” I said sarcastically.
“Is it painful?” He asked, looking at it now.
“Yes. Very.” I told him.
“I would give you painkillers, but you can’t take them if you have any alcohol in your system.”
“Oh ok.” I said, glumly. I’m so stupid! “What have you got to- ouch!” I gasped as he touched it carefully.
“I’m sorry, I have to straighten it up before I put the cast on.” He told me.
“Cast?” I gulped.
“Only for a week, then you can get a brace.” He smiled.
“So much better.” I whispered to myself sarcastically. Luckily he didn’t hear.
“Would you like to follow me next door?” He asked, I nodded. He pulled some crutches out from next to the bed. “These might help.” He smiled.
“Thank you.”

CONTINUED
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:39 am

Part Two

“I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot...” I chanted as we walked out the doors of the hospital.
“Shut up Gaby!” Natalie suddenly shouted. I sighed.
“I don’t like this.” I told her. She rolled her eyes. I looked down at my leg. Up to my shin was covered in a cast. What a major fashion disaster. Kris was smirking at me as I used my crutches to get down the steps. “It’s harder than it looks.” I hissed at him when I lost my balance. He started laughing. Arrogant pig. Natalie’s phone suddenly started ringing. She stared at it in disbelief. She’d been calling someone (probably Justin) for the last hour and they weren’t picking up, but now that it was actually ringing she wasn’t answering.
“Lover boy will be wondering where she got to.” Kris whispered so only I could hear. She then picked her phone up.
“Hello?” She said, frantically.
“Reckon he’s confessing his undying love for her?” I asked, jokingly. He laughed once and then stopped when he saw the look on Natalie’s face.
“What’s happened?” She asked, sounding extremely upset and sympathetic.
“He just proposed.” Kris said mockingly.
“Ha!” I laughed. Natalie gave me a look.
“Hold on-” She said to whoever was on the phone. “Guys shut up! It’s Lorna.” She snapped angrily. She was so close to tears. Her hands were shaking.
“I’m coming Lorna. I'll be there soon. I’m coming.” She told her, putting her phone away. She ran a hand through her hair and let a couple of tears leak.
“What’s happened?!” I asked quickly. She was scaring me.
“One minute.” She gasped, walking over to a nurse. “Do you know how to get to the haematology and oncology department from here?” She asked, having to pause a few times to keep her voice steady.
“I'll just get someone to take you there.” The nurse replied, hurrying off back into the building.
“What’s going on?” Kris asked, “Why do you want to go there?”
“Has Lorna got cancer?” I asked, panicked.
“No. No.” She tells us. “I can’t say. I promised I wouldn’t say. I have to go.” She said, as she saw the nurse heading back towards us with another woman. “Everything’s fine. Lorna just needs a friend right now, and as I’m the only one who knows...” She trailed off. “Phone me if you need me.” She said, running to meet the nurse half way. They hurried off back inside the building leaving me and Kris alone.
“What the hell’s going on?” I said, starting to get upset.
“Everything will be fine.” He promised, kissing my head. “Let’s get home.” He said, I nodded, hopping along towards the bus stop. What an eventful evening.

My eyes were drooping closed. My head was already pounding. The room was spinning. I hate getting drunk, breaking your ankle, sobering up and then having a hang over. I glanced at the clock. Nearly 4am. I sat up from the sofa and picked my crutches up. Kris was already asleep next to me, his head resting on his hand. I nudged him carefully.
“Kris.” I whispered. The volume of my own voice made my head hurt more. Or maybe it was because I was moving... “Kris!” I nudged him harder. He opened his eyes slowly.
“Oh!” He said, looking at the clock. “Is that the time?”
“Yeah.” I told him, he just nodded.
“I think I’m going to go to bed.” He yawned and stood up. I pushed myself off the coach and used my crutches to get into the kitchen. I turned the tap on and waited for the water to go cold. “Want me to take the water through to your room?” He asked behind me.
“If you don’t mind.” I told him, filling my glass with water. He smiled.
“Why would I mind?”
“Thank you.” I said, hopping after him. He set it down on my table next to my bed.
“How’s your ankle?” He asked.
“Fine actually. Well, it hurts. But not as much as my head.” I said, collapsing on my bed and closing my eyes.
“Your head?” He said, touched my forehead softly.
“Hang over’s starting.”
“Do you want some pain killers?”
“No thanks. I'll have some later if it gets worse.”
“Alright, I'll see you later.” He stood up and I rolled over onto my other side.
“Night.” I mumbled, before drifting off to sleep.
_________

xxx
Back to top Go down
Loonz
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:37 am

Natalie’s POV

I’m walking down to the ward. I get my phone out quickly, trying not to get caught, and text Justin.

“sorry bout earlier.gabs broke her ankle.shes fine.still as hosp tho.lorna xxxxx”

I put my phone away, and keep walking, and I see Lorna.
“Lorna!” I yell, and I run to her. She’s in tears. When I get to her, I hug her.
“what’s wrong? How bad is she?” I ask her, looking at her. Her eyes are red, and mascara has run down her cheeks.
“They…..they don’t know……she’s worse though…..I think…..they wont say……”
“Lorna….I’m sorry” I go to hug her again, but she pushes me away
“No! No! You promised me shed be okay. You promised! You lied…..”
“Lorna” I whispered. I could feel my eyes filling up, but I blinked them away.
“no! you promised! You lied! And I hate you for that! Go away!” she screamed at me, and she ran off. I tried running after her, but she was gone. She knew where she was going, I didn’t. I went to the machine and got a hot chocolate, and then back. But she wasn’t there. I had no idea where to look. I leftt the hospital, and stood outside with my drink. I looked at it, but couldn’t face it, and threw it in the bin. I got my phone back out and text her.

“im sorry lorn.I don’t know wht els I can say xx”

At that point a taxi pulled up, I went to flag it down, but the door opened. It was Justin.
“Natalie!” he called.
“what is it? Is it Charlie?” I asked
“no…..its you…..are you okay?” he asked me. I burst into tears, and he pulled me close. I wasn’t.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:13 am

Gaby's POV

I opened my eyes and closed them again instantly. The sun was shining right into them and it wasn’t good for my poor headache. I rolled over and instantly rolled back again when I crashed into someone. I sat up shocked.
“Kris!” I gasped, before I started to laugh. What the hell is he doing here? We were both still fully dressed. That was good.
“Huh?” He asked, just as confused.
“What are you doing here?” I asked, yawning and cuddling into his side. He put his arm around me.
“Don’t you remember?” He whispered, kissing my forehead.
“No.” I said, confused. “What did I do now?”
“You were struggling in the kitchen to find paracetemols about half an hour after I left you and stressed out. I only knew you were there because I heard the cupboard door slam hard and you hit something.” He was laughing now.
“Very amusing.” I said sarcastically. It was starting to come back to me now. “And then you asked me if I was alright and I asked if you would stay with me?”
“Exactly.” He squeezed me.
“Right, well, I’m going to have a shower.” I stretched and moved out of his grip. I then groaned when I saw my ankle.
“What’s up?”
“I forgot about this.” I pointed towards the cast.
“How can you forget?” He laughed.
“I was drunk! Give me some credit.” I slid out of the bed, picked my crutches up and hopped into the kitchen. I need a drink before I die of thirst. I turned the tap on just as Elliot came out of his room.
“Oh dear, what happened to your leg?” He asked, gazing sympathetically at it.
“Long story.” I yawned.
“She fell down the loft stairs.” Kris said, holding in a laugh at the end of the corridor.
“Is that where you all vanished to? I must say, it was quite embarrassing being left on your own not knowing where your friends had disappeared to. I was stuck with that Justin Burton all night and – It’s not funny!” He snapped a Kris as he started laughing. I looked sympathetically at Elliot.
“Sorry for leaving you. We were all so drunk last night, we forgot.” I told him, before hopping off into the bathroom. I wonder if Lorna came home last night...
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:23 am

Natalie's POV

I blink my eyes. No. I’m still asleep. I give up. I had the weirdest dram. Semi- asleep, I feel someone. Something, grabs me behind. I kick it, and my eyes flick wide open.
“Ah-hahaha” someone, half laughed, half groaned. I turn my head to face them
“Justin! Oh I’m sorry! I was half asleep. I thought someone was killing me or something. What are you doing here? Are you okay?”
“Damn, you can kick!”
“Are you okay?” I gave him a hug.
“Ask me in a bit, yeah?”
“Where did I get yooou……oh……sorry” whoops! Poor Justin. Wait. How did we end up in here? I was planning to stay awake so I could see Lorna. Justin came back because I felt so upset. I’m not sure why. I guess its cuz I’ve made things much worse for Lorna now. We were on the sofa….
“How did I end up here?” I asked.
“Well, you fell asleep, and I couldn’t face waking you, you looked……peaceful, so I asked Kris which on your room was, and I carried you down” he winced
“Thanks” I smiled, slightly annoyed. Why didn’t he wake me up? I suppose, if I was that tired, I probably wouldn’t notice her come in anyway.
“I’m just going to get a drink. Want anything?” I asked
“I’m okay thanks”
I left my room, and went to the kitchen. Gaby was there, propped up against the counter
“Are you okay?” asked, slightly confused
“Well, it was hurting to walk, even with those things (she pointed to her crutches, which were by the front door, something made me think she threw them!), and Kris and I were talking here, and now he’s gone (she shouted so he could hear) but it doesn’t hurt at the moment, so I thought id just stay here” she had a huge grin on her face, like a child’s.
“Riiiight. Well I’m afraid your going to have to move. I need the kettle” I said, in a tone only Gaby wouldn’t find insulting. And sure enough, Gaby did exactly as I thought she would. She went all jokey diva
“Are you asking me to move? No one asks Gaby to move. Gaby asks you to move. (I could hear footsteps behind me) So maybe you don’t want ask me to move? Maybe you want to rethink that?” I smiled, she screamed.
“KRIS! KRIS! PUT ME DOWN!” she was hitting his back
“Sorry lady. There’s only room for one diva around here” he joked. “Where’s Justin?” he asked
“He’s……recovering……..(Kris looked confused)Where’s Lorna?”
“I don’t know. She didn’t come back last night. Or if she did, it was very late, or should I say early……anyway, she would have gone out early too” he turned around, and carried Gaby to her room. (“right you, if you think you’re a diva, prepare to be out-divaed”, I heard him say from down the hall)
I laughed slightly, but I was really worried about Lorna. I went to the kettle, and switched it on, and made myself a cup of tea, before returning to my room.
“Hi” I half heartedly smiled, and sat on the end of my bed
“Are you okay?” he asked
“Lorna didn’t come home last night” I was worried. Justin clearly didn’t know what to say
“……..are you sure?” he asked. I nodded
“Come on. We’re going to the hospital.” he shook my knee
“She wont want to see me”
“Trust me. She will”
“I’ve made things worse. She needs space…….(I crawled towards him, with a huge grin) I can think of something we can do?”
“I don’t think I can…..that was hell of a kick….”
“Justin! Shut up!” I playfully hit his arm
“What?!(he smiled, shielding himself)Well what were you thinking?”
“Shopping!” I laughed, he rolled his eyes.

After winning the battle against Justin at whether to go shopping or not, we went into Chester.
“Thanks for this” I smiled, linking his arm
“Didn’t have much of a choice. There is no way I was going through that again”
“What?”
“You beat me up with a pillow!”
“Your such a woos!”
“It was full of-”
“You’re a woos!”
“I don’t care!(he put on a sulky face) hurt.” I smiled
“Awww. Want a kiss and make your better” he nodded, still with same expression
“Are you okay?” he asked
“I’m fine”
“Lorna will talk to you. Give her time” he took my hands
“I know…..is that Topshop?!” I ran into it. It wasn’t that I wasn’t thinking of Lorna. It was all I was thinking about. But if I talk about it, I’ll cry. And I don’t want to cry when there’s so many gorgeous clothes!
“Ooooh. PLEASE can we go to a worthwhile shop?” Justin moaned
“Hey! If you cant deal with me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best. This is my worst. Hold this” I handed him a cute top, he rolled his eyes. I ran around, finding clothes I couldn’t afford, handing them to Justin.
“Right! I’m going to try them on. Wanna see?” his face lit up
“Yeah!” I went into the changing rooms, and the girl asked how many items, and I showed her my pile.
“Righht. Ummm, I’ll say 10” she said, handing me a ticket. I found a cubicle and went in, followed by Justin.
“what are you doing?” I asked
“I want to see your clothes” he said
“Well wait outside” and I playfully pushed him out. I could tell he was pacing, bored. I put on a really pretty black top I would never wear, with a black ra-ra style skirt, with my black flip-flops
“You ready?” I called
“Yeah” he answered. I pulled back the curtain, and out one arm leaning against the wall, and the other holding onto the top bar, the curtain rail, a little pose. Justin whistled and we both burst out laughing. I held up to fingers, and went back into the changing room. This time, I put in a black dress, again, with my black flip-flops. This time, I flung back the curtain, with a silly pout, and holding back my hair
“Beautiful darh-ling” Justin said in a silly voice. We did this until I ran out of clothes. But then he went cold. I was in my last outfit. A pretty green top, with skinny jeans and brown heals. Right up my street. But when I asked his opinion, he didn’t look at me.
“Justin?” I waved my hand in front of his face.
“Yeah you look great.” he said half-heartedly. But he didn’t look at me. I looked at where he was looking. A pretty girl. Dark hair. She was smiling with another girl. She started laughing. She saw us, and her face dropped slightly, then she smiled again. Justin smiled.
“Katy”
“Justin”
They hugged. They hugged for ages. Was Justin going to introduce me? I was briefly introduced, but this time, not as his girlfriend like he did with Nancy. but they started talking. I don’t think he even noticed that I’d gone back to the flat, and infact, I’d watched a whole film AND home&away omnibus since he’d been gone.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle.x
Admin
Gabrielle.x

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:19 am

Gaby's POV

“Put me down.” I said, pushing against his arms.
“Say the magic word.” He pressed on. I hit his back.
“Now, you idiot!” I hissed, hitting him harder.
“Alright –ow-ow!” He threw me onto my bed and brought my ankle close to me. All that fidgeting trying to get down really hurt it. I pulled my knees tighter to my chest and sat there in a huff. He gave me a sympathetic look.
“Don’t give me that look! It’s your fault it hurts.” I snapped.
“Oh, so I pushed you down the stairs, did I?”
“Did I say that?” I narrowed my eyes. “No, I don’t think I did.”
“You said I hurt it!”
“Just then!” My voice was getting higher. I rolled onto my side so that I wasn’t facing him. I was getting angrier by the second. He turned me round to face him. “What?!” I snapped.
“Don’t ignore me.” He said, sitting on the bed next to me.
“Just leave me alone.” I muttered, closing my eyes and putting my hand on my head.
“Why?” He asked, putting an arm around me. I shook him off and stood up, despite the protesting my ankle made.
“Please?” I asked, angrily.
“Why are you in a mood today?” He snapped back.
“Because! I had 4 hours sleep last night, have the worlds worst hangover and I can’t take any strong medication yet for my ankle as there’s still alcohol in my system! So yeah! I’m not exactly a happy bunny at the moment!” I turned away from him.
“Don’t blame me for any of that.” He said.
“Get out Kris.” I said quietly.
“What?”
“Just get out!” I screamed, pointing towards the door. He stood up and walked out. I sighed and sat on my bed. I’m so tired. I just need sleep.

“Gaby.”
I stirred in my sleep. I was being dragged out of my dream, brought back to reality.
“Gaby..”
I was about to open my eyes. Any second now they’d ping open.
“Gaby!”
I felt icy cold liquid drip all down my head, my shoulders, my bed and some splatter on the floor. My eyes opened and I saw Natalie stood in front of me, a childish grin on her face and an empty glass in her hand.
“As if!” I complained, sitting up and glaring at her.
“Hey!” She smiled at me. I continued to glare. “Don’t look like that. At least your awake now.”
“You couldn’t have woken me up by nudging me? You had to pour water over me?”
She nodded cheekily.
“Do you even know what time it is?” She asked, smiling. I shook my head and she turned my alarm clock to face me. Nearly 4pm!
“Aw Jesus!” I said, jumping out of the bed. I looked in my mirror. My hair was a bit messy, but otherwise I looked normal. Wet, but normal. I’d dry off soon.
“Yeah, I’ve been in town with Justin and everything. He went off with some girl though and didn’t even say a thing to me. So I’m ignoring him.” She looked upset at first but then smiled maliciously.
“What are you planning?”
“Nothing too dangerous.” She winked. I rolled my eyes. I picked up my crutches from the floor and walk out of my room with Natalie behind me.
“So what are we doing?” I asked, sitting on the sofa.
“Film?” She asked, smiling.
“Of course!” I said happily. She rushed through to her room and came out with John Tucker Must Die. I smiled and nodded as she held it up to ask if it was ok. She danced down the corridor and placed it in the dvd player. I curled up on the sofa ready to watch.
“So who’s this girl who’s stolen your man?” I asked, as she settled into the other sofa.
“He’s not ‘my man’” She told me. “I think she’s called Katy.” She suddenly looked upset.
“If it helps, me and Kris had an argument earlier. But then again, when do we not?” I laughed, and she smiled.
“What about this time?”
“Just the way he picks me up.. I hate it, and it kind of just extended from that. I’ve not been in a great mood today.” I warned her. She shrugged.
“So, do you think you’ll last?” She asked, intrigued. I thought about it for a second. Lie or tell the truth?
“No.” I said truthfully. She looked at me shocked, and then looked down the corridor. I closed my eyes. It’ll be like in films where they’re stood behind you and heard everything you said, won’t it? I turned slowly and looked down the hall.
“HA!” I burst out laughing. It was Elliot, stood there wearing a cowboy suit and holding a huge telescope; he also had a builders belt around his waist.
“What’s so funny?” He asked confused. “Have I got a label sticking out?”
I held my breath to try and control my laughter.
“No Elliot, ignore her. You look... err.. Nice. What’s the occasion?” Natalie asked, eyeing him up and down. I started laughing again.
“Well, you see, once a month there’s an Alien sighting here in Chester, and I worked out that due to the last 5 months when they were seen, tonight should be the night the come back. I also read on the AlienBoy website that if you look more intimidating and dangerous, they’ll come out and try to figure out what you are. I also read online that a cowboy suit is the only answer.” He smiled brightly. I glanced at Natalie who was looking at him puzzled. She then suddenly burst out laughing, setting me off again. I felt so mean, but Elliot is hilarious!

At around 6, we started watching the Home & Away omnibus. I’ve never even seen it before so I wasn’t exactly interested in it. I kept closing my eyes and dozing off.
“Ooh! This should be exciting!” Natalie squealed, causing me to open my eyes quickly. I just nodded and looked around. Lorna’s bedroom door was still closed, like it had been all day. I wonder if she ever came home last night. I wonder what actually happened with her last night. Then I remembered. Natalie went to the cancer ward.
“Where’s Lorna?” I asked, shocking Natalie. She paused when she was about to take a bite of her grape.
“I don’t know.”
“What do you mean you don’t know?” I asked.
“She was really upset with me because I promised everything would be ok, but it wasn’t and she ran off and I haven’t seen her since.” She confessed. I gave her a confused look.
“Is she alright?”
“Not really.” Natalie sighed. “It’s her niece, Becky. She has Leukaemia.”
I was speechless. I just gaped at her for a minute.
“Are you serious?” I gasped. She just nodded, looking upset. I felt like hugging her, but I couldn’t be bothered standing up. “Poor thing.” I muttered.
“Who? Why? What’s happened?” Kris asks, walking through. I turn away from him. I’m still continuing this mood if my life depends on it.
“No one, nothing. None of your business.” Natalie tells him, sticking her tongue out. I don’t look at him and just carry on watching tv. Although, I’m not actually watching it. Just starring at the screen, watching Kris look at me, through the corner of my eye.
“You aren’t still angry, are you?” He asked, leaning up against the wall.
“Not angry. Annoyed.” I corrected him.
“Because?”
“Because!” I said.
“Stop being annoyed with me. There’s no reason.” He told me.
“There’s plenty reason!” I said, looking at him. He raised his eyebrows.
“Name one.”
“You shouldn’t have lifted me up when I’ve asked so many times not to. You shouldn’t have forced me to – Yes forced!” I said as he went to protest. “- to hurt my ankle whilst trying to get down. You shouldn’t have annoyed me whilst I was trying to stop freaking out at you. You should have pulled me round to face you when, quite obviously, I was angry with you. You shouldn’t have-”
“I said one.” He interrupted.
“Yes, well...”
“I’m sorry about all of those then.” He said, glancing at Natalie who quickly looked away from us and towards the tv.
“Fine.” I muttered. I knew I couldn’t stay moody with him when I’d already cheered up.
“Really?”
“Yeah, sure.” I said, trying to still sound irritated when really I just sounded normal.
“Ok then.” He smiled at me.
“Well?”
“Well what?”
“Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to warm me up? I’ve been freezing all day.” I said, smiling at him.
“Oh! So is that why you forgave me.” He said, sarcastically, before walking towards me and sitting down. He put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. Then he just cuddled up to me.
“Oh please guys! Get a room! There are children around..” Natalie said, pointing to her teddies she had lined up on the sofa next to her and then covering their eyes. I just laughed whilst Kris through a pillow at them causing two to fall over. She gasped over dramatically and picked them up carefully. I just smiled and kissed Kris when he bent down towards me. He always made things so much better.
Admin
Loonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:27 am

Natalie’s POV

Sat on the sofa was hell. It wasn’t uncomfy or anything, but to have Kris and Gaby all cuddled up while Justin was out doing god knows what with that little tart made me want to puke. I suddenly remembered my conversation with Gaby. About Becky.
“Gaby. Can I talk to you? Alone?” I asked, getting up.
“Uhh, okay” she said confused, and started fidgeting to get up
“Don’t worry, ill go.” Kris interrupted, and he walked down to his room. I waited until I saw him shut his door.
“Gaby, you cant say anything to Lorna about what I told you. About Becky.”
“Wha…? But I’m her friend”
“And so am I, and I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone. Please Gaby. Promise me.” I begged
“Okay, I promise” she shrugged, and looked back at the tv, and I went to Kris’ room.
“You busy tonight?” I sat on the end of his bed, he was leaning against the wall, with his pillow behind his back, reading a magazine
“Well that depends what you had in mind?” he asked
“Drinks? What else?!” I joked. He sat for a while, thinking. I assumed he was joking
“I think I’ll pass. Stay in with Gaby” I smiled. I got it
“Okay” I chirped, and quickly left the room. I then went into Elliot’s room.
“Hey Elliot, do you fancy grabbing some drinks?”
“Best not. I lost a whole night of alien tracking yesterday, I don’t think I could afford two in a row. Sorry”
“Don’t worry about it” I smiled
I decided to go to drive n buy to get some more milk. How much do we get through a day? I walk inside and there’s a pretty blonde girl behind the till, talking to some guy. I grab some milk and a magazine, and put them on the counter, and sighed deeply, before grabbing a huge bar of galaxy.
“Things that bad, huh?” the girl asked
“Could say that.” I answered
“Guy trouble?” she asked
“Yeah”
“Always is”
“Hey!” the guy said
“What? Its true!” she argued back
“Why do I bother, eh?” he rolled his eyes. He knew she was joking.
“Listen, I know I’ve only just met you, but you don’t fancy a drink in the loft later. I assure you I’m not a mass murderer or anything!” I asked. She thought for a while
“Yeah….why not. Loft? 7?” she asked
“Yeah, great” I smiled, picked up my stuff, and left. When I got to Evissa, I realised I hadn’t got her name, and she hadn’t got mine.

*Back At Drive N Buy*
“Great stuff babe. Your ditching me for a stranger tonight, what can I do?”
“Hang out with Justin?”
“Can’t. He’s got this new girl hasn’t he?”
“Awwww. Sorry babe” she hugged him. “Come with us?” she asked
“And be stuck in the corner? 3rd wheel? Not a chance”
“Fine. Be that way” she joked, and walked back behind the till

*7 at the loft*

“Hey” the girl said
“Hi!”I smiled
“Allright?” the guy moaned
“I realised, we never introduced ourselves!” I laughed
“I know!” she laughed as well
“Hey look. It’s Darren. DARREN!” he called, and ran off
“Well….that was Danny.(she rolled her eyes) I’m Hannah” she smiled
“Natalie”
“shall we?
“of course”
We entered the club, and we sat on a sofa, having some drinks, and then some more! It was “Louise’s” night in charge, and she wanted a karaoke. Karaoke? In a club? Hannah seemed to be thinking the same as me. Looking around the club, I thought I saw Justin at the bar. I did. And he was with Katy still. And he’d changed. So had she. I couldn’t believe it. The other day he was calling me his girlfriend, and now it’s like I don’t exist! I quickly finished my drink, and asked Hannah if she wanted another, before going up to the bar to order some. I stood almost next to Justin. There was person between us, and when they moved, he saw me.
“Babe. Where have you been?” he asked, putting his arm around my waist. I shook him off, and faced them
“I went home, then I met Hannah, so we thought we’d have a drink” I pretended to just notice Katy. “Oh, Kayleigh, right?”
“Katy” she corrected
“Yeah. So anyway, Hannah’s waiting” I picked up our drinks, and walked over to Hannah. When I got back, I turned around to see Justin was laughing with Katy again
“I don’t believe it!” I fumed
“What?” Hannah asked confused
“Nothing…..don’t worry”
Someone finished on the karaoke, so, without knowing what I was doing, I grabbed the mic. What was I doing? I had no idea, but I thought I’d show him what he was missing…..what I was feeling…..

“Yesterday I spotted you
Hanging out with someone new
Come on dude, I can't believe who”

Katy pointed to me, and he looked at me

“Did it hurt? Oh yes it hurt
But not as much as I thought it would
Guess it's time for me to move on”

He looked confused

“I'm getting closer”
Closer to closure
Everyday's closer
Closer to closure”

Hannah looked confused as well

“I finally took your pictures down
And all that other stuff I found
Hidden somewhere in my closet
I used to wear your shirt to bed
But now it's in the trash instead
I don't want to be reminded. Oh no”

I smiled. I felt better already

“I'm getting closer
Closer to closure
Everyday's closer
Closer to closure

I saw you today taking my breath away
But then you opened your mouth without thinking
And then I recalled why I ended it all
And it makes me feel good about leaving…..leaving

I'm getting closer
Closer to closure
Everyday's closer
Closer to closure”

I threw the mic on the floor, and left the club. Hannah ran after me, and so did Justin.
“Natalie! Wait!” she called, but Justin ran passed her
“Hey hey hey!” he held my shoulder to stop me moving
“What?” I asked
“What the hell was that all about?” he asked
“I was doing karaoke” I said sarcastically, and tried to carry on walking. Katy was now outside, running over to us, Hannah was as well.
“What is wrong with you?” he asked. Katy & Hannah had joined us
“Nothing! Carry on your drink with Kaydee”
“It’s Katy” she corrected again, a little more angrily
“Is something going on?” Hannah asked, clearly confused, before turning to Katy. “I didn’t know you were back”
“Neither did I really” Katy answered. Hannah looked even more confused. “It’s a long story”
“Nothing’s going on. Not anymore. Bye Justin” I walked away from him
“Natalie! Natalie?! NATALIE!” he called, before turning around and heading back into the club, putting his arm around Katy’s waist, while Hannah, looking slightly lost, went home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything   Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything :: Best Friends Tell Each Other Everything-
Jump to: